[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

At 10 kilometers shortchanging disabled colliders? But the data on the target we have up to 100 kilometers. The source of these data are not lazorsistem?

PS Attacking other craft I noticed that the standard 2.5 kilometers is not enough for high-speed maneuvering, just about 10 kilometers is the distance at which it is still somehow can affect the path and shoot the scoundrel. From this it can be assumed that the lidar with a range of less than 10 km will only draw pretty pictures, but not the exact tool.

At 10 kilometers shortchanging disabled colliders? But the data on the target we have up to 100 kilometers. The source of these data are not lazorsistem?

PS Attacking other craft I noticed that the standard 2.5 kilometers is not enough for high-speed maneuvering, just about 10 kilometers is the distance at which it is still somehow can affect the path and shoot the scoundrel. From this it can be assumed that the lidar with a range of less than 10 km will only draw pretty pictures, but not the exact tool.

I\'m not 100% sure about the exact distance, but i know somewhere above 10km the surface collider dissapears. It is probably different for vessels. There are most likely other ways to do it though so don\'t loose hope yet. For the moment its most important to figure out what the system should look like, then i\'ll figure out the technical stuff 8)

Excellent. I just wanted to invite discussion on the system interface. Apparently the developers will soon realize the full cockpit and possibly with the instruments. I propose to create a display (which can then be inserted as a unit in the cab), it will show for example, a card with a lidar or targetcam or any information on lazorsistem depending on the mode of operation. Similar to the window targetcam but with advanced features and buttons switch modes lazorsistem (if possible to implement transparent touchpad buttons aka the screen will then do a super). so as not to clutter the screen. The basic idea is to minimize the function in a single window.

I wrote about the Multi-Function Display (MFD) * facepalm *

Excellent. I just wanted to invite discussion on the system interface. Apparently the developers will soon realize the full cockpit and possibly with the instruments. I propose to create a display (which can then be inserted as a unit in the cab), it will show for example, a card with a lidar or targetcam or any information on lazorsistem depending on the mode of operation. Similar to the window targetcam but with advanced features and buttons switch modes lazorsistem (if possible to implement transparent touchpad buttons aka the screen will then do a super). so as not to clutter the screen. The basic idea is to minimize the function in a single window.

I wrote about the Multi-Function Display (MFD) * facepalm *

I\'m always so busy implementing stuff and fixing stuff for the current version to look ahead at what\'s coming up. If you could provide some speciffic links to forum posts that describe the new ui stuff that\'s coming, it would be most helpful. But from what you are describing it seems reasonably possible to do. People have also requested some of this before (floating windows) but the transparent ui elements you mention sounds intriguing.

If you could provide an example of say, the LIDAR system, perhaps a scenario of where to click and what happends then etc. Please describe how you would like this UI to look like.

For example, we push the button on the avoidance of obstacles in space. As you approach closer than 100 meters to the stabilization of property includes the RCS engines, maneuvering to the left, ahead of an obstacle to maneuver to the right and continues to move the same rate. Or here\'s another, press the scan button surface, and then click to maintain the true altitude, the plane flies trying to maintain a given true altitude, lidar scans and three-dimensional map on the screen shows the height map.

I can give you a link to youtube where it is shown how such a card might look like. Another interesting problem for the lidar is to synchronize the orientation and position of objects in space in the space docking

I\'m having a little trouble understanding the scenarios you listed up....

I can give you a link to youtube where it is shown how such a card might look like.

Please do.

Another interesting problem for the lidar is to synchronize the orientation and position of objects in space in the space docking

The lidar system will be able to track objects in space that are close to the vessel, like asteroids etc. But if you want to track vessels that are far away it would be better to track them with the communication system. I have not really decided exactly how this should work yet.

As for docking it would also be better to use the communication system, generally if you can connect to something you want to interact with, it will give the best results. However if you sometime in the future would like to 'dock' with an asteriod you would have to use the lidar system or similar to do the same thing. This mechanic is part of my core idea for the system, where one part of the system does something really well, you can always re-configure another part of the system to do the same thing.

Is the fluttering occuring with or without the altitude system on?

General pitch/-mark-holding system flutter, with altitude lock or on. Very short period, which varies depending on the flexibility of the aircraft.

Triggered by going over certain speeds in the heavy stuff I generally fly: ~100m/s at sea level, ~200m/s @5km. Haven\'t been able to make it occur above ~6.5k, probably the required speeds are too high.

I just uploaded a new update for Lazor System. The main feature in this update is the Teleportation system, it is described in the manual on the frontpage here. This update also contains bugfixes to Kerbals on EVA who belongs to the Lazor System. Enjoy!

Thanks for the awesome plugin, however at certain altitudes on any launch the launch decouplers will respawn in air and smash into the rocket. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks for the awesome plugin, however at certain altitudes on any launch the launch decouplers will respawn in air and smash into the rocket. Any ideas what might be causing this?

If possible, please provide more information. A copy of your .craft would also be helpful.

Sorry, should of provided more information. It doesn\'t matter what craft, all I did was make a rocket with the new launch decouplers and at various altitudes in the atmosphere they would reappear.

KSP_2012_07_25_19_20_20_35.jpg

I can still send the craft file if you wish, even the default parts with the laser system does this.

My plugins are:

cart

ISA_Mapsat

MuMechlib

PowerTech

and your plugin. I\'ll try removing certain plugins and seeing if that fixes the problem. Simply removing the laser parts will stop this phenomena from occurring

Sorry, should of provided more information. It doesn\'t matter what craft, all I did was make a rocket with the new launch decouplers and at various altitudes in the atmosphere they would reappear.

Thanks for pointing this out, i was able to re-produce this bug. I have also partly figured out what is causing this. Unfortunately it seems to be connected with one of the oldest bugs in Lazor System. It\'s about time to crack that bugger 8)

I believe i have fixed the oldest bug in Lazor System :). However, the bug fx1 reported still persists. So i went ahead and investigated some more.

I am 99% sure this is caused by a weakness in the Launch Stability Enhancers themselves. Easy to blame it on someone else....., let me explain. I noticed that the stability enhancers are moved to the lazor vessel exactly at 6000m distance. This is beyond the normal unload distance for ksp which is 2250m. But lazor system expands this distance up to 95000m to handle the onboard camera and remote control better.

So i think what is happening is this: The Launch Stability Enhancers obviously has some code that makes it ...err..follow the vessel on the launchpad. And this behaviour is controlled within 6000m. Beyond this distance it might be looping back and placing the decouplers on the vessel again. I have notified NovaSilisko about this.

Good to hear, hopefully they will address this issue in the next patch. I do have one more question, how is temperature determined? Is it a built in engine feature or are you extrapolating it from atmospheric data or what have you?

Good to hear, hopefully they will address this issue in the next patch. I do have one more question, how is temperature determined? Is it a built in engine feature or are you extrapolating it from atmospheric data or what have you?

The temperature displayed in the Preferences tab comes from a global parameter which determines temperature based on celestial body and altitude.

Specifficly:

FlightGlobals.getExternalTemperature((float)vessel.orbit.altitude, vessel.mainBody)

I think I know what\'s happening with that Launch Clamp issue. It\'s not exactly a bug.

I read somewhere the plugin extends the vessel pack/unpack range to somewhere around 9km... If that\'s the case, then what\'s happening is that you\'re getting a floating origin shift before the clamps can pack themselves. The clamps create a joint attaching them to worldspace, so they have to be packed before the floating origin shifts, otherwise they\'ll just spring back into position.

You could try turning up the floating origin threshold from it\'s default (6km IIRC) to something higher than the packing threshold, to make sure the clamps go 'kinematic' before they\'re moved. (Mind that while the flight scene is running, the floating origin threshold is squared, so the threshold for 6km is 36,000,000)

This is just off the top of my head, but it could work, without having to wait for a new release.

Cheers

possible bug:

Timewarp with a lazor part (specifically the 'Lazor system') on or near (ie as debris) the selected vessel can cause 'end flight' to not work.

Otherwise, nice plugin.

possible bug:

Timewarp with a lazor part (specifically the 'Lazor system') on or near (ie as debris) the selected vessel can cause 'end flight' to not work.

Otherwise, nice plugin.

I heard Taverius mentioned this issue but he wasn\'t able to re-produce it. I also had an end flight without any end flight popup screen coming up, but it was easily sorted by pressing escape. Perhaps the issue you are experiencing is completely different. In any case i need to know more. If you can re-produce the bug and give me some instructions on how to re-produce it, it would be most helpfull.

excellent! Also, I have seen the issue the last gent posted about. I\'ll see if I can reproduce it, it has happened to me twice but I wasn\'t paying too much attention.

If you can re-produce the bug and give me some instructions on how to re-produce it, it would be most helpfull.

- Build a craft with a lazor system on it.

- Take craft to launch pad or runway.

- Go to map view (may not be necessary)

- Timewarp 1000x

- Observe stuttering/framerate drop that would otherwise not occur

- Try to 'end flight'

Works (fails) every time for me.

- Timewarp 1000x

- Try to 'end flight'

Thanks for the thorough report. I havent had the opportunity to re-produce this yet but i have a good idea of what is going on.

So the question that is bound to come up is: What exactly changes in the code execution for parts under time warp? Anyone?

- Timewarp 1000x

- Try to 'end flight'

I am unable to reproduce this bug. I\'ve ran it up to 10.000x with everything turned on and i can end flight just fine. Do you have a lot of crafts flying within 100km of your vessel or many plugins installed?

Please send me your persistent.sfs file. Is anyone else having this issue?

I am unable to reproduce this bug. I\'ve ran it up to 10.000x with everything turned on and i can end flight just fine. Do you have a lot of crafts flying within 100km of your vessel or many plugins installed?

Please send me your persistent.sfs file. Is anyone else having this issue?

I tested a bit more: no problem when starting a new game with only the lazorsystem dll installed.

But with only the lazorsystem dll installed, and my current persistent.sfs loaded the problem is there. I have about 10 vessels/debris on and around Kerbin.

Normally i have a total of 11 plugin dlls, but it seems those are not a cause of the bug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.