[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

I did a quick test flight of the standard KSO, it seems to be mostly working as far as i can tell, however, smokescreen and RPM do not appear to be working, although that may be related to the toolbar issue I'm having.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

9 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

smokescreen and RPM do not appear to be working

smokescreen definitely needs an update when sarbian has time for it. RPM has a beta release because it probably has bugs so if you're using that report the issue(s) over in the thread so MoarDV++ can look at them

KSO EX work continues

I had to limit my time in the past couple months due to work. However I'm back to working on the project.

I haven't posted updates since a lot of stuff was UVW related. Basically, going back in and giving areas (such as areas with text) a larger spot on the UVW map so we don't get so much distortion if the textures are compressed.

For example, the new SSME texture can be made smaller and still look ok while the text on the nozzle remains readable.

But yes KSO EX work continues after a break :D

I'll have something visual to show soon!

On 10/12/2016 at 6:41 AM, Drew Kerman said:

smokescreen definitely needs an update when sarbian has time for it. RPM has a beta release because it probably has bugs so if you're using that report the issue(s) over in the thread so MoarDV++ can look at them

I did a quick test flight of the standard KSO, it seems to be mostly working as far as i can tell, however, smokescreen does not appear to be working

yeah, after I posted that i found the RPM update, I haven't had a chance to try it again yet.  If I can, I'm going to look at maybe replacing the smokescreen effects with stock for the time being.

On 10/12/2016 at 3:15 PM, oniontrain said:

Is there a gallery with all the individual parts listed somewhere?

There are some pictures in the OP and a few scattered in the original thread, but aside from the space station parts in Phase 2, these aren't really designed to be used individually.  Think of this like one of the big fancy UCS Lego sets rather than the big bucket of Lego.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, helldiver said:

KSO EX work continues

I had to limit my time in the past couple months due to work. However I'm back to working on the project.

I haven't posted updates since a lot of stuff was UVW related. Basically, going back in and giving areas (such as areas with text) a larger spot on the UVW map so we don't get so much distortion if the textures are compressed.

For example, the new SSME texture can be made smaller and still look ok while the text on the nozzle remains readable.

But yes KSO EX work continues after a break :D

I'll have something visual to show soon!

Thanks for the Update!!! :):cool::)

The new EX will have some interchangeability but I can't stress enough that the whole purpose of the Orbiter in this Mod, is that the wings blend into the body into an aerodynamic delta. Something not possible with kit parts, KSP stock, or other mods.

That being said since I've learned a lot since the first mod, you can expect some parts to be symmetrical along the X, possibly Y, so you can use them with Radial Symmetry or Surface Attachment in other mods.

Several major components will have radial symmetry, I can't list which ones since I'm still in the process of putting them together.

10 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

we have main engine start!

Space_Shuttle_Main_Engine_(SSME).jpg

Just thought I'd post a pic of a real SSME to show just how awesome those look.

Outside of launch images... Ive never actually looked at the RS-25 in real life... I have to say that the Aerojet is probably the best kerbally representation of the RS-25...

I'm having trouble launching the Super25, either with or without mechjeb control,  I think something's wrong with the gimbals, because this thing is all over the sky.  Also, the LRBs are now throttleable?  I didn't think they did that before.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

4 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

I'm having trouble launching the Super25, either with or without mechjeb control,  I think something's wrong with the gimbals, because this thing is all over the sky.  Also, the LRBs are now throttleable?  I didn't think they did that before.

I believe the Super 25 LRBs have always been throttleable. At least they have been for as long as I can remember.

I havent gotten around to giving the Dauntless and Ascension full tests in 1.2 release, only gave Daunless a flight in the very first 1.2 pre. I'll test both shuttles out tomorrow, and see what happens.

I can't get either vehicle over about 15-20km.  The apokerb just stops rising there and the vehicle goes ballistic. I suspect it's eating up too much delta-v with the instability, because the LRBs cut out at a much lower then normal altitude.

On a sidenote, during one of these test flights I attempted an RTLS abort, almost made it to the island runway before I had to ditch.

EDIT:

I tried switching from Mechjeb to GravityTurn for my launches, it's much smoother but I'm still having the same issue.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.