[1.2.X] Antares Solar System

electricpants

Oh wow, it sure is far away!
I just plotted a transfer with "Transfer Window Planner" and its got a respectable DV requirement of 5504 M/S

Departure in year 3, day 44 with an arrival date of Year 4475 day 250!

Guess I'll be needing FTL of some sort after all :)

20 hours ago, Dunkra said:

Kerbal

I will fix it, but please, the planet's name is Kerbin.

18 minutes ago, T.A.P.O.R. said:

Year 4475

Oh jesus christ, if you want I can make it a bit closer!

Edited by electricpants

1 hour ago, T.A.P.O.R. said:

Oh wow, it sure is far away!
I just plotted a transfer with "Transfer Window Planner" and its got a respectable DV requirement of 5504 M/S

Departure in year 3, day 44 with an arrival date of Year 4475 day 250!

Guess I'll be needing FTL of some sort after all :)

That's nothing, what I used predicted 166669 years. That's probably a mistake, because I messed with the settings and it gave me -5 years travel time. 

Yeah... I think that might be broken somehow.

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

11 hours ago, electricpants said:

Oh jesus christ, if you want I can make it a bit closer!

Nah, keep it. That's the lowest energy transfer that it predicted. I'd build a horribly inefficient and overpowered craft to get there. In fact, I'm going to make it my sole mission for the foreseeable future!

Edited by T.A.P.O.R.

I've expended over 30km/s in DV including a 4.1km/s plane change(using Near Future mod suite).

Still have 50km/s on board. The burn times are looooooooong.

My encounter is 233 years away. A significant improvement on the 4000 odd years plotted at lowest transfer of 5km/s!

Oh look at that, I'm going to impact the star!

And Max warp is too slow!

Edited by T.A.P.O.R.
exasperation

On 6/16/2016 at 0:30 AM, T.A.P.O.R. said:

Nah, keep it. That's the lowest energy transfer that it predicted. I'd build a horribly inefficient and overpowered craft to get there. In fact, I'm going to make it my sole mission for the foreseeable future!

Other World's Cercani is similarly distant - I'm building a ship to go there using RoverDude's Nuclear Rockets mod.  No warp required, and will get there in about a year and a half in game time.  I think the total Delta-V is something like 150,000 m/s

Although it sounds like you're having fun using your approach too!

5 hours ago, electricpants said:

Umm...

Again, I can make it closer to Kerbol if you want.

I'll report back with the arrival date, once it actually arrives :)

And we're at 212 years, only about 1/5th of the way to Antares(visually estimated).

So I'm pretty sure KAC wasn't designed to deal with such a timescale.

Edited by T.A.P.O.R.
clarity

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy @electricpants 

Here to report an issue - when this mod is used in conjunction with sigma dimensions (latest development edition provided by @Sigma88) on KSP 1.1.3 the game successfully loads, but a large number of module manager errors that are generated.

Removal of the Antares Star system allows KSP to load without errors.

When antares is loaded with sigma dimensions and a non-error generating planet pack such as OPM - the game hangs on loading, with a large of log spam.

Several different log sets are available here:

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/issues/18

@electricpants I've taken the liberty to check out your mod and I found out that most of your planet have the exact same issue I reported to protojeb here

this is a very bad config bug which will break any mod that use kopernicus, the chances of you both having the same bug in most of your planets is very slim, so I am going to assume you based your planets on configs that were broken in the first place and just copied the bug unknowingly.

could you point me to the cfg you used as base for your planets?

thanks

Edited by Sigma88

7 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

could you point me to the cfg you used as base for your planets?

I've abandoned this mod (because I shamefully admit that I don't know how to update it) but I used ProtoJeb's cfg for Ducinea from IA Revived in the Cervantes system. If it's broken for sure, I sure didn't see it. :blush:

22 minutes ago, electricpants said:

I've abandoned this mod (because I shamefully admit that I don't know how to update it) but I used ProtoJeb's cfg for Ducinea from IA Revived in the Cervantes system. If it's broken for sure, I sure didn't see it. :blush:

the bug doesn't affect your mod because what happens is that other mods cannot edit the content of your planet.

this means that while your mod on it's own technically loads fine, all the mods that load after yours will fail to apply correctly when they try to add/change stuff to your planets

Edited by Sigma88

• 11 months later...
9 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

please update this mod(again it is incompatible with the new version of ksp)

The author has said he's abandoning this mod so....

Also, please don't go to 10 threads and say "update required". Us modders work for free because we enjoy it and we are nice enough to share our work with everyone. Saying something as rude as "update required" can and has made people quit kill their mods/quit modding completely. I get that you want your mods to be updated but you're doing it the wrong way. Take a minute or two, read the thread, see if the modder is still around, and then say something like "Hey I really love this mod, are you planning to update it to the newest ksp version?"

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.