Realistic Mods

Bluegru

Hey guys,

I came back to KSP after some months without playing it, now I'd like to start a new save but with mods that make the game more realistic.
That means, I now need some mods to add realism to the game.

I've already searched for a few (Mechjeb, RemoteTech,...) but I'd like to get your recommendations,
which mods should I get to get a more realistic game.
I'm searching for mods to create realistic moon bases or have to worry about stuff like oxygen (or other LIfe support system mods) during manned flights and mods like that

So pls show me the mods that you think are good for me
and thanks for every answere

Edit: Mods I'll be using:

Edited by Bluegru
Added Mods to list

They look great, however it seems like they mostly just change some variables and "add difficulty"

I'd prefer those Mods which add some new realistic fearures to the game like the satelite Mod.

I'm still looking for a good Life Support Mod (prefered one that works with the greenhouse from the base Mod)

2 hours ago, Bluegru said:

They look great, however it seems like they mostly just change some variables and "add difficulty"

I'd prefer those Mods which add some new realistic fearures to the game like the satelite Mod.

I'm still looking for a good Life Support Mod (prefered one that works with the greenhouse from the base Mod)

realism overhaul adds a lot of features. Having to worry about ullage requirements for engines, for example.

Your two main choices for Life Support at this point are TAC-LS and USI-LS.  TAC is focused on appearing realistic - resources are things like oxygen, food, water, etc. - while USI-LS is designed to feel a bit more 'Kerbal' in that it abstracts all of that into a unified 'Supplies', but it can be argued that USI-LS's inclusion of things like homesickness mean that it's more realistic overall, and it's supplies resource is scaled to include the mass of things like the clothes your kerbals wear.  There's a decent discussion of the merits of the two a couple of threads over.

Ferram Aerospace Research and Deadly Reentry would be definitely on your list. FAR add a very tight realism on the aerodynamic, and Deadly Reentry adds a real heating while flying in atmosphere or re entering from orbit.

check out the list of mods recommended and suggested by RealismOverhaul .. 'a few changed variables' .. haha...

also, RP-0 is the Career-addon for RealismOverhaul.

apart from that, anything goes, really. just make sure the parts and features you add besides that are compatible with RO/RP-0.

there was a mod called 'Sound Muffler' which muffled/muted the sound of your rocket depending on your altitude/atmospheric density, but it has been rendered incompatible since 1.1, which is a huge blow...

Edited by sackfalte

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.