James M

Console Patches Update Discussion

Question

Thank you so much for the update! Its great to know our issues are being acknowledged and resolved. :)

Moderator edit, since this post became the OP for the discussion:

This thread is for discussion of the console updates announcement, which you can read here: 

Discussion has been moved to a separate thread so that users can easily see the latest official updates in the above thread.

1 person likes this

480 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, cantab said:

In other words, your processes don't work but you have to keep doing them anyway. Yay corporate bureaucracy!

I believe nestor was alluding to the fact that Quality was not Assured, and so the process of Quality Assurance is not complete. Thus, they have to finish the QA process.

2 people like this

I don't even really care about the 1.1.3 "patch" anymore. Too little too late. When are consoles going to see 1.2? Are we console players supposed to be excited that we can now play an older, buggy, inferior version of KSP on console that we paid for two and a half months ago? I for one am not. 

So while PC players talk about and play 1.2, we are still left with this mess? Hey Squad, when do you plan on bringing 1.2 to console? When are you going to get the consoles caught up with the PC version? Why did I have to pay full price for this mess? Why do you refuse to answer simple questions?

Edited by chimpbone
4 people like this

Just now, Homedawgian said:

First off, why bother playing KSP if you don't like the actual game? 1.1 is Kerbal Space Program. It isn't "some old version", it is the actual game itself AND it is the version that is currently available to PC players. 1.2 is in prerelease, not the current version, but I would guess around 6 months for console (which is reasonable). Nobody is preventing you from talking about 1.2 like the PC players or watching streams of the update.

Secondly, the console version is never going to be caught up to PC. That's just the way it works, not just for KSP, but for all games that come from Steam (or PC in general).

Thirdly, nobody MADE you pay for this "mess", you chose to do so. KSP is one of those games that will be constantly updated rather than being completed. It will always be a work in progress, rather than made to have a sequel.

Lastly, nobody is answering your simple questions for exactly that, they are simple. Simple to the point that it only took a fellow gamer to answer them for you.

I don't play KSP anymore. The broken, buggy experience ruined it for me. Waiting two and a half months didn't help. I am now stuck with KSP on console because they will not refund me. And yeah, I have kind of lost interest in 1.1.3 with no mods on console. You seem to be upset by that. 

The console version better get caught up with the PC version because that is the way it works, not just for KSP, but for all games that come from Steam (or PC in general). Games that release updates across multiple platforms usually do so within a week, or at the most a month. 

Dude, I don't know why you are trying to be so condescending, but it is not welcome and you are just coming across as rude. I love space, and will probably buy most space themed games that come out. KSP has been my worst experience with a game so far, so please just back off. Not looking to argue. 

4 people like this

3 hours ago, SoSadK said:

[On Xbox One] - After the update, my career was wiped. I started over, and have been playing, building up, etc. I have 3 science stations (kerbin, mun, minimus-landed), one satellite per each (I park one at each planet at my target orbit since it is so wonky trying to get the "cursor" on the console and watch your apoapsis and fly at the same time- gives me a nice border to see easily) and one deep space science lab. I started a mission to Duna. My game refuses to save. It will say it is saving, but it always reverts to the same point. I have *zero* saved ships, and 3 save files (persistent, quicksave, and one named). 

TL;DR: can not save long term, post patch.

I have been having issues with the xbox one patch as well. My game is at a point where every time I try to do something major, there is something that inevitably goes wrong and I usually end up losing hours of work. Doesn't seem like they really fixed the issue. It's actually more like they just put a bandage on a gaping wound. 

It's getting pretty ridiculous at this point. It seems that we are the real QA testers, and not only are we not getting paid, but we paid them $40 to test out their broken game. 

Edited by chimpbone

3 hours ago, Otis said:

The only difference between a personal computer and a console is the user stereotype.

I don't intend to suggest that consoles are inferior for simply being a console, hell, a lot of games are better on a console, but cramming KSP into a console is really only a half step above cramming it into a tablet or a phone. Your control schemes will become a steaming pile of excrement. If KSP is already basically unplayable without a mouse, you sure as hell make a straight port with a controller or *shudder* a touchscreen. It can't be done well.

2 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

First off, why bother playing KSP if you don't like the actual game? 1.1 is Kerbal Space Program. It isn't "some old version", it is the actual game itself AND it is the version that is currently available to PC players. 1.2 is in prerelease, not the current version, but I would guess around 6 months for console (which is reasonable). Nobody is preventing you from talking about 1.2 like the PC players or watching streams of the update.

Secondly, the console version is never going to be caught up to PC. That's just the way it works, not just for KSP, but for all games that come from Steam (or PC in general).

Thirdly, nobody MADE you pay for this "mess", you chose to do so. KSP is one of those games that will be constantly updated rather than being completed. It will always be a work in progress, rather than made to have a sequel.

Lastly, nobody is answering your simple questions for exactly that, they are simple. Simple to the point that it only took a fellow gamer to answer them for you.

Are you kidding? The devs said that they eventually wanted all platforms to be at the same version. Nobody made him buy this buggy mess? No as consumers in the 21st century we have a right to expect a working product when we hand over our cash.  Squad have been seriously reckless in this console endeavour. They even tried to get eu certification AFTER they were aware of the absolute state that the game was in.  We don't want to hear about constant improvement, we haven't seen one fix in nearly three months!!!

4 people like this

[On Xbox One] - After the update, my career was wiped. I started over, and have been playing, building up, etc. I have 3 science stations (kerbin, mun, minimus-landed), one satellite per each (I park one at each planet at my target orbit since it is so wonky trying to get the "cursor" on the console and watch your apoapsis and fly at the same time- gives me a nice border to see easily) and one deep space science lab. I started a mission to Duna. My game refuses to save. It will say it is saving, but it always reverts to the same point. I have *zero* saved ships, and 3 save files (persistent, quicksave, and one named). 

TL;DR: can not save long term, post patch.

For the entirety of this xbox one/ ps4 issue i've been defending the game and saying it is playable. Last night I loaded up Kerbal to find my new save has gone.  This was a new save that I started after the update. (as i heard about the old saves corrupting) . Luckily i wasn't that far into it. I found it mildly annoying but i do still have my old save from pre patch (patch used lightly). so im back on that one. If i lose this save my next post will be angrier.

On the bright side I regretted making my new save. I wanted to catch up with my old save so i increase science reward to 500%. got up to the same level quickly but overtook too quickly and wasn't able to adjust it back to 100% reward mid career. now im back to my original save I can advance like normal. until this save breaks. and after that im just going to sandbox until its finally sorted.

1 minute ago, RW1984 said:

Back to what's really important to squad,  plushies!!! 

Sorry but I already answered you, you won't get more right now until we have news about

5 people like this

28 minutes ago, klesh said:

That's fair.  I wouldn't go as far as calling SQUAD con artists, but I can see how they feel like they've been duped.  Most of us PC folks are here from the early access days, and in all honestly the game still feels early access.

Yeah basically after all the Crap we pc players have put up with for so long the console players issues seem short lived so the impatient and loud ones don't get sympathy from most other users.

5 people like this

2 hours ago, RW1984 said:

I feel scammed which is why I said squad are con artists,  I stand by that. 

From the Reddit post you linked, it looks far more likely that Flying Tiger are the con artists, not Squad.

@RW1984 That's quite enough now. This thread isn't about the console versions, you've had your say (with a fair bit of lenience about the civility we usually expect from our members) and had a Squad person respond, now please stop with the offtopic posting. 

21 people like this

14 minutes ago, Greenthumb Gaming said:

Same here :( I just want to know something...ANYTHING. It seems the consoles threads do not get that much attention and we just want to know of any progress. The PC is constantly getting info sent out, updates and bugs fixed but we need something. I do really love this game and hope to see a patch soon. When I can afford another new PC I will definitely be getting this game for it but until then all I have I have is the console version. I too have to just play sandbox mode and back up the saves every hour or two. Career and science mode crashes more often. It is not fun that I can't play the game without losing progress and all that other jazz. Jeb is getting tired of having to reload and do missions he has already done lol :P 

There seems to be a misconception here. Squad isn't favoring PC users by talking about the game they are developing for all platforms. All this 1.2 news is just as pertinent to consoles as it is to PC cause when you strip away the console specific save bug the 1.1 version on consoles was just as buggy as it was on PC and all the fixes to those bugs are coming in the port of 1.2(and hot fixes)

On 10/21/2016 at 4:52 PM, Badie said:

Hey this is something we have not ignored, we are working on it and doing as much as possible to fix it, we have continuously answered what going on and that we are working on those issues.  

as seen here the consoles are not neglected there is just nothing more to say about console specific matters at this time so you will have to be satisfied with sharing the general community news with the PC users until that changes.

3 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

It doesn't sound like you have much experience with KSP on console. For one, the save corruption isn't the only issue.

You don't seem to have a lot of experience with KSP on PC. For one, aside from the save corruption we had all the same issues as you do during the 1.1 update.

5 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

As if the broken release wasn't bad enough, Squad just screwed over it's console users with it's 1.2 release. No where was there any word that 1.2 releasing on the 11th of this month would be for PC only, and us console users had to find out on release day that we weren't going to see 1.2, as Squad just ignored our questions. So yeah, 1.2 news might pertinent to consoles if it was pertinent to consoles, but it's not. 

What you fail to realize is Squad screws everyone over. they cut features and rushed out these buggy releases to make a console port which had repercussions on all platforms and with the sudden 1.2 dev turnover communications have been in shambles for everyone. PC users aren't getting special treatment.

11 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

KSP on console is currently 1.1.0, and there is currently no expected release of 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, let alone 1.2 on console. We are still waiting 4 months for a fix for one game breaking issue. I think you might have some misconceptions about KSP on console

What version you are presently on is irrelevant the dev notes review the work the squad has done over the past week. they worked on 1.2.1 and some plushies that's what you get for this week. This may not be the news you want but this is still news for you. This is still news about the game you play and how it will change with time you can complain about it not being the news you want (everyone does that) but you can't scapegoat and blame another group of users for this.

1 person likes this

Many posts from the DevNotes section of the forum have been moved here. We understand people feel strongly about the subject of console updates, but it can't keep spreading into more and more threads. Please keep that discussion in one place, here. 

did you all see the post I made last year if I could participate in the beta. Their "in house testers" will take care of it they said. LMAO

3 people like this

Another week has gone by with no word about anything related to the broken console version of KSP from Squad or Flying Tiger. That's 4 months now. Why do they feel no obligation to communicate with us about the broken product they sold us? 

Maybe if they quit behaving cowardly and ashamed, they might find the courage and honesty to communicate with their paying customers about the broken product they sold us. 

If they are doing their "best" and "all they can" to fix the problem, then they should find no issues in communicating that to us. Their silence only leads us to believe the opposite, that they aren't doing all they can, and that they have incompetent people trying to solve the problem that those very people created in the first place. 

Edited by chimpbone
1 person likes this

Honestly, a little community outreach would have prevented a lot of this anger.

4 people like this

Can we atleast get an ETA on the patches. 

I have just lost my save for the 3rd time this month. I have now uninstalled the game until it gets an updated. 

If it doesn't get fixed by the new year I think everyone needs to be emailing Microsoft and psn for refunds. 

Its such a shame that this game has gone this way as it is a fantastic game but the console version has had no investment. 

Will be the last game I purchase from squad. 

4 people like this

On 05/12/2016 at 11:52 AM, Rocksta said:

I have just lost my save for the 3rd time this month. I have now uninstalled the game until it gets an updated. 

If it doesn't get fixed by the new year I think everyone needs to be emailing Microsoft and psn for refunds. 

Its such a shame that this game has gone this way as it is a fantastic game but the console version has had no investment. 

Yup, this has gotten seriously frustating already! 

I been patiently waiting for a whole month after launch, thinking they would have, in the best scenario, gotten it fixed even by the first week since it was a first launch of this game on a console and a few bugs were expected (after all, it passed all those awesome tests prior to launch, didn't it?). But this has gone just too far already. I'm not frustated just because they can't fix the game, but because they launched it as if it were a finished product on the market at it's full price, not taking it out later after noticing it's totally broken and not launching it as a preview/alpha game, where these problems could be acceptable.

I would have no problem buying this as a game on preview/alpha like I did with The Long Dark and helping the devs by pointing out bugs and coming up with ideas on the forums, I'd understand the time they would take to update it then. But this is unacceptable for a full game with it's price. I just can't get over it that I wasted money on this months ago and am not able to play it as I would on PC. It's just taking space on my xbox HDD...

Edited by Arch3rAc3

On 12/5/2016 at 7:52 AM, Rocksta said:

That's exactly what I did, And plan on doing...

23 hours ago, chimpbone said:

Well look what's on the #1 spot on the Xbox One subreddit: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5h68b5/psa_do_not_buy_kerbal_space_program/

There was also a PSA not to buy the PS4 version of KSP on the PS4 subreddit not too long ago. It's scandalous @SQUAD hasn't addressed this issue properly by offering their customers a refund or at the very least an option to transfer the game to PC.

As much as I love this game and the KSP developers (I'm a PC user myself), I am appalled at the stance Squad management has taken towards its console customers over the last half year (at this very moment they're still advertising the console version on their website). I'd advice every console customer that feels the KSP product does not meet acceptable standards to contact Microsoft or Sony customer services, refer to the issues and PSA's linked above and requests a refund. Mention that @SQUAD is aware of and has acknowledged the issue, has failed to provide a reasonable time schedule to fix the problem, and failed to reimburse the consumer. Also mention that other customers have been refunded directly by Microsoft (and Sony? Not sure about this, check the reddit threads above). If you don't get anywhere with one phone operator, ask to speak to their manager or call back another time/day so you can talk to someone else.

If this doesn't get you any further, you could consider contacting the The Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets and enquire what your options are. Since KSP is owned and licensed through a SQUAD subsidiary (DEPORTED B.V.) registered in The Netherlands as stated in the KSP EULA and the KSP Terms of Service, they are required by law to respect EU/Dutch consumer right regulations. Not sure it will help, but if anything the Dutch consumer right organisations are tenacious, so who knows what a couple of phone calls from the ACM to DEPORTED B.V. may bring about... (If you need any help, feel free to send me a PM).

Also, if you have the time, please consider writing a review on reddit or metacritic (link for XBOXONE or PS4) and/or whatever other sites people use these days to evaluate whether software is worth buying, so other people won't have to go through the same agony.

Edited by Yakuzi
2 people like this

For an idea of perspective. I'd like to draw peoples attention to the Astroneers game that is now available as a demo. they have stated the following:

' Astroneer was not originally built for Xbox, and the build came together by heroic effort in a short time span. Many game and engine systems are not yet ideally optimized for the hardware. If any of this sounds like a deal breaker to you, by all means don’t buy it yet. We don’t want anyone to have a negative experience. But if you’re willing to put up with the early-adopter issues, we’d absolutely love to engage you and your feedback.'

That is the sort of transparency you would like from all developers.....just saying! :D

7 people like this

21 minutes ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

I can't find any posts from this year (2017) about potential patches or updates.

So, how can I find any information from this year about console patch or updates? I can't play career mode because game deletes all saves after a few contracts.

There's a long forum thread about the progress towards a console update that you could "follow":

Plus, consoles are now mentioned in the "KSP Weekly" updates posted in this forum:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/66-the-daily-kerbal/

1 person likes this