Can't play the game

3 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

Samsung Vevo 850

I can't find anything to suggest this drive would have a problem, but I'd still recommend testing a USB stick or an external drive, replacing the internal drive on a laptop just to test this is asking too much.

Likely it won't change anything but it would at least rule it out as a cause.

11 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

Samsung Vevo 850

Some 850's were said to suffer from the "senility bug" I mentioned above but mostly is was the 840 model that had the problem.  It would still be a good idea to visit Samsung's support site and made sure you have the latest firmware for that drive as some of the evo 840 fixes may have also been applied to the evo 850 models (and having the latest firmware is always a good idea when you are having problems). This site should lead you to the correct latest firmware update for your 850.

:(

@Whovian41110 did KSP ever work on this system? If so, what version were you running then, and have you upgraded any system software since?

Also, I think u made a mistake on your system specs - how much RAM do you have? Looks like you accidentally copied down the processor details.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

Just now, The_Rocketeer said:

:(

@Whovian41110 did KSP ever work on this system? If so, what version were you running then, and have you upgraded any system software since?

Also, I think u made a mistake on your system specs - exactly how much RAM do you have? Looks like you accidentally copied down the processed details.

I have 8 gigs of standard ram and yes ksp 1.1 worked on my system and then 1.1.2 and software hasn't been upgrade since then

4 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

I have 8 gigs of standard ram and yes ksp 1.1 worked on my system and then 1.1.2 and software hasn't been upgrade since then

So did u first notice this issue on 1.1.2 before patching to 1.1.3, or as soon as u patched to 1.1.3, or since patching after a period when 1.1.3 worked?

Edit: Also, are u able to reinstall an earlier version and see if it still works properly? I'm using Steam so don't know how to/whether you can do this from KSP Store.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

So did u first notice this issue on 1.1.2 before patching to 1.1.3, or as soon as u patched to 1.1.3, or since patching after a period when 1.1.3 worked?

Downloading 1.1.2 it immediately didn't work (I like to keep old versions around for sentimental reasons)

4 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

Downloading 1.1.2 it immediately didn't work (I like to keep old versions around for sentimental reasons)

Sorry, I don't know if it's your phrasing or my reading but this seems a little ambiguous. Do you mean:

a) when you first downloaded 1.1.2 the problem happened immediately
b) you are now downloading 1.1.2 to see if it works, and the problem happened immediately on 1.1.3
c) something else

Sorry, I don't know if it's your phrasing or my reading but this seems a little ambiguous. Do you mean:

a) when you first downloaded 1.1.2 the problem happened immediately
b) you are now downloading 1.1.2 to see if it works, and the problem happened immediately on 1.1.3
c) something else

A.  I could never get 1.1.2 to work

@sal_vager @Claw tagged for your wisdom - known issues/changes applied in 1.1.2 affecting the load/save process on some Macs?

Checked the bug tracker, found this possibly-related issue (though not the same problem).

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9723

Possible relevant notes from 1.1.2 changelog :

• Fixed an issue in FlightLogger regarding reverting / loading saves.
  • Fixed issue with popup dialogs sharing the same title which broke game loading when loading multiple vessels all lacking parts.

@Whovian41110 probably worth submitting a new bug report with as much detail as you can.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

4 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

Alright installed on the internal HDD and results are identical

Well then it's not the drives, so at least that's ruled out (BTW I looked a little farther and there is no new firmware for the 850). 

Edit: Can you try using the Activity Monitor to kill as many processes as possible (while still letting the computer run :wink: ).  By freeing as many resources as possible it might help. 

Edited by kBob

18 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

IDK I removed 1.1 for some reason and i don't know where to get it again

Can u run any earlier version of KSP?

I believe you can download them from a Downloads link on the KSP Store, but since I purchased my copy on Steam I can't give step-by-step instructions.

1 hour ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Can u run any earlier version of KSP?

I believe you can download them from a Downloads link on the KSP Store, but since I purchased my copy on Steam I can't give step-by-step instructions.

Nope I can only download 1.0.5 and 1.1.3

Just now, Whovian41110 said:

Yep.  Playing career mode right now

This is very valuable information in tracking down the problem because (together with some other info) it means that something/some things that was/were changed between 1.0.5 and 1.1.2 has/have broken the game for you. So (if you haven't already) this is definitely the time to submit a bug report with all the information about it *and your system* that you can.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

This is very valuable information in tracking down the problem because (together with some other info) it means that something/some things that was/were changed between 1.0.5 and 1.1.2 has/have broken the game for you. So (if you haven't already) this is definitely the time to submit a bug report with all the information about it that you can.

Where does one do this?

3 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

Where does one do this?

On the bug tracker.

Here is a thread about how to submit useful reports:

Edit:

This page is better (and newer)

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/wiki

Also you will need to register a new account on the tracker site to submit and contribute to bug reports.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

3 hours ago, sal_vager said:

@Whovian41110, one more thing, what else are you running when playing KSP? Can you take screenshots of your taskmanager showing your running processes please.

Just chrome. and various os related tasks.  I'm doing something with 1.0.5 right now will that work? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.