Exact orbit

DiscrafTsk

I think the convention is to set the argument of periapsis to 0, so that the periapsis is at the ascending node.

If the inclination is 0 too, then I think you set the longitude of the ascending node to 0 as well, so the periapsis is aligned with the universe reference direction (in real life, the First Point of Aries).

The apoapsis is always opposite the periapsis, 180° round the orbit.

Edited by ElWanderer

One option is hyperedit, if you don't want to cheat put the satelite in an as good orbit as you can first. 
The hard wat is very high level of fine tuning. This will require multiple orbit and very good control like switching to an ant engine with trust at 1%

^^ fyi having your ap and PE the exact same altitude is extremely difficult/impossible.  

I've tried for an hour using the tiniest thrusters limited all the way on a huge craft and was still unable to get it more than a few meters.  Typically if it's within a hundred meters or so(scaling more if it's a bigger body) then its close enough

1 hour ago, mrclucks said:

^^ fyi having your ap and PE the exact same altitude is extremely difficult/impossible.  

I've tried for an hour using the tiniest thrusters limited all the way on a huge craft and was still unable to get it more than a few meters.  Typically if it's within a hundred meters or so(scaling more if it's a bigger body) then its close enough

I've been able to get within 1 meter for certain: since I can see Ap and Pe have matching values, it's the decimal value that would now differ (and isn't visible without KER) so the margin of error would be that x.00...01 to x.99..99 range.

Most recently, the Keostationary orbits for these three satellites are at 2,863,334m.

Ozj1Lmu.jpg

Edited by Trann

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.