DRAG RACING!!!! Location moved for more speed, Are you ready for lightspeed ?

Build and race your own top fuel dragster and become a champion.

Use mods, rockets, jets, what ever you need to become the fastest Kerbal on earth Kerbin.

Rules:

- Put a Kerbal in the car.

New location North pole,  72-19'-17"N    79-21'-36' W  Staging point is loaded to this sandbox save file.

This is a location neer the coast to give us the most area we can get.

Open to all classes, vehicle must be pointed North or 365 degs. for safety reasons at start and stay on that heading +or- a few degs.only. 

I have also added the file that i built the staging point from by Rob Forrest.

persistent file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ho4ejeXlkhNlNUU2pUYklSU1U/view?usp=sharing

Runway Location canceled do you lack of runway distance- Stay on the track.

Proof:

- Proof with youtube video.
- The car must be in tact and on the runway after your run.
- Make sure you press the F3 screen showing us your speed, and F12 proof of no cheats used.

If you dont have recorder installed here you can find free ones.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3040695/software/the-best-pc-game-video-capture-software-5-top-recording-tools-compared.html

I use fraps on my laptop lags a little sometimes but works.

The fastest car wins.

Heres the latest project BHS INDs has been working on. Give it a run if you wish.

Start at edge of Runway numbers, this gives you a little burn out from spawn point.

Ends at last road to right at double white lines.

Spoiler

Use any and all mods. I used MuscleCarPartsMod for  the body and Azimechs 77Industiesmod for the tips that make flames for looks but has no power due to older mod.

Classes KSP stock parts and Mod parts Electric, RCS, Jets or rockets, lets try to keep it as R/L as we can.

Also best in show for car designs.  Poll at end of race season 02/17/17

Here's the basic idea.

Please sumit a video as I have.

Good Luck all and have fun, thats the point KSP is a game m8s.......

Leader board link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZEFsE3oaWZtPMPgTE_NJab_4ILwXRLpMK4l1cCdaekA/edit?usp=sharing

Here is my 1st car. This Nitro Funny car turned 100 M/S or 223.694 MPH / 360 KPH.

Edited by BlackHoleSun
trimmed for loading time moved to North pole for longer run.

Hi ho all,

I'm more a realest. But seems something may be off in th F3 screen here VS the live video. None the less its a great pass.

I will show car build out then the Run, Based on pro street type car.

Build mods:

XM-G50 Intake.

KF Auxiliary power unit as blower.

KF simple track as blower belt.

W-12 Rawror Block.

Strudurel tubes for roll cage And headers

Nitro tank and stock drop tank as fuel. I thnk lol.

NEBULA_Decals_Continued-0.1.1.3 for mod decals by BHS INDS.

Buffalo front wheels and stock rear wheels.

It has steering wheel and 4 speed trans added use a tail boom for that.

I have been in this game from .013  so I got a Sh-t load of mod parts.

This car is built as Pro Stock type.

Seems to be issues between screen shot/video and the F3 screen as far as speed.

Point was to make a car not a rocket with wheels.

Video speed 109 M/S -  243.826 MPH.

F3 screen said 175 M/S  - 391.464 as you will see at double white line 3rd road to right, I use this as finish line.

Mods may bust KSP speeds?

426%20blown_zpsomslx0y8.png

Managed to squeeze out 380 m/s = 1368 kph /  850 mph

Not the best run, did a lill' spin, rolled over and lost a fin... so DQ but I did stayed on the track. :sticktongue:

ZCSZ0aJ.png

I will have a go later, set my goal for 400 m/s.......must  be   done...^_^

Edited by Triop

Got to 353m/s (1270km/h, Mach 1.04) in stock on jet engines only.

Though my design uses some parts that are jettisoned: two structural fairings with nose cones to let the engines power up without starting too early; and the fairing nose for the braking sepratrons to operate.

Spoiler

dWAHe2T.png

Vt99z4j.png

(Decouplers and aerodynamic nose cone are parts that are jettisonned before launch (sep stage 2 at t=0s).

MfF5GRJ.png

(Fairing nose jettisoned; also since it only uses the smallest gears, it doesn't have any brakes so it technically can't stop...)

Edited by Gaarst

Nice job there you are in the running no worry's m8.....:)

Design reminds me of the Thrust SSC holds the world land speed record, set on 15 October 1997, when it achieved a speed of 1,228 km/h (763 mph) and became the first vehicle to officially break the sound barrierfaastest-car-Thrust-SSC.jpg

Edited by BlackHoleSun

Anyone know of a dry lake bed on Kerbin?

We need to move the location to allow full runs. I have just ripped 3 shoots off my STRUST SSC 2.And Jebs in the hospital from a nose bleed. As you can see he reached his G limits and passed out. Im getting the Helo out and am going to fly around to scout a dry lake bed I hope.

438 M/S  1576.8 KPH  979.7 MPH = MACH 1.27

17 hours ago, BlackHoleSun said:

Nice job there you are in the running no worry's m8.....:)

Design reminds me of the Thrust SSC holds the world land speed record, set on 15 October 1997, when it achieved a speed of 1,228 km/h (763 mph) and became the first vehicle to officially break the sound barrierfaastest-car-Thrust-SSC.jpg

It was indeed initially based on it, though I ended up doing quite a few modifications to save weight and increase the braking power.

Edit: pushed it to 360m/s (1296km/h, Mach 1.06)! (Don't think I can do any more with this design though)

Spoiler

wPqrGx9.png

RfQC6O4.png

DV9AJwT.png

Edited by Gaarst

11 hours ago, BlackHoleSun said:

Anyone know of a dry lake bed on Kerbin?

Idk about lake beds, but I've always found the polar ice caps to be fantastic for doing runs in missiles on wheels fast cars.

I should pull one out of my garage and see if it still works.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

Location has been moved for longer run time and allow for faster vehicle, See top of post......Not rule change....

@Gaarst

Give this location a try with your 3 SRBs car m8.

BHS Indst Thrust SSC jet car turn a 841 M/S, 3027.6 KPH, 1881.26 MPH over a distance of 70077 meters.

I show F12 proof no cheats applied and F3 to show Distance and speed in video.

Edited by BlackHoleSun

On 1/23/2017 at 6:47 AM, BlackHoleSun said:

BHS Indst Thrust SSC jet car turn a 841 M/S, 3027.6 KPH, 1881.26 MPH over a distance of 70077 meters.

You are like little baby

watch this

MCA-DL g2gfast (Couldn't think of another name). 1302m/s stock, over a distance of 96km. Takes 56km to accelerate and over 40 to brake. F12 and F4 menus are shown in the video, and here's a paste of the final F3 menu.

qohgLyR.png

I didn't really use the save, but I pointed north and started near the coast. I hope this attempt is counted as a legit one. I've stopped at max overheat, but I'll try to find a way around those intakes and perhaps go even further and faster.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.