C-17 Globemaster III

After several days of testing, I've finally decided to release the C-17 as per request to build a STOCK cargo plane @rkarmark

C-17 Globemaster III

SPECS :

(Data based on a 1 hour flight @ 6.6-7.5 km)

773 km/h - 480 mph - invalid (Got this number using math, but 480 mph translates into 214 m/s which I can only reach in a dive =/)

12.8 km/min

2,872 L (758 gallons)

0.633245383 mpg

3,292.87599 miles range w/ 20,000 liters of fuel (Estimated)

Action groups;

3 - Flaps (having some difficulties with the direction of deployment)

5 - Toggle thrust direction (reverse/forward)

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ZkNlM8j7rjM0pka2c2cTNxd2M

300+ parts, takeoff speed ~50 m/s

can drop 50 ton loads no problem

Quite maneuverable for such a large craft.. <3

PICTURES!: I flew it with a rover to ascend the highest mountain on Kerbin, non-stop - - and back with a lot of errors and overshots

http://imgur.com/a/99TcX

~side note - Could not upload all the pictures (?_?) Imgur kept giving me errors, sorry

Have fun! I spent a lot of time on this!

I WANT SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO MAKE (STOCK ONLY)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pls. i really need suggestions, and a girlfriend LOL kappa

-TheKorbinger

Edited by TheKorbinger

This is honestly a nice creation, I personally like these shots picturing the Jumbo-64 deployment. It remembers me the BLU-82 drops.

On another hand with the lack of winglets plus its fine and long fuselage it makes me more think about a C-5M Galaxy than a Globemaster III. 

10 hours ago, XB-70A said:

This is honestly a nice creation, I personally like these shots picturing the Jumbo-64 deployment. It remembers me the BLU-82 drops.

On another hand with the lack of winglets plus its fine and long fuselage it makes me more think about a C-5M Galaxy than a Globemaster III. 

While my friend was watching me fly it, he said the same exact thing. Making the fuselage more cylindrical would mean more parts, and more lag for 'low-end' pcs. I tried to get the dimensions of the plane, angles and wing positions down as best i could, It's probably the best aircraft I've built if you ask me.

Winglets you say? details i missed? :0

9 minutes ago, TheKorbinger said:

While my friend was watching me fly it, he said the same exact thing. Making the fuselage more cylindrical would mean more parts, and more lag for 'low-end' pcs. I tried to get the dimensions of the plane, angles and wing positions down as best i could, It's probably the best aircraft I've built if you ask me.

Yup the lag is real on my really low end laptop (intel platium chip whit its intergrated grapics) but i still love it:cool:

5 minutes ago, rkarmark said:

Yup the lag is real on my really low end laptop (intel platium chip whit its intergrated grapics) but i still love it:cool:

Thank you so much! <3

I'll see what I can do for a part reduction.

Edited by TheKorbinger

39 minutes ago, TheKorbinger said:

Just a bit :)

POF10-PS-D3_C-17A_Globemaster_III_0968.j

P2090072.JPG

I remember as a kid in 95' when hurricane Luis struck us, a lot of help was deployed at Juliana airport, some US C-130H and French C-160D, one Ukrainian Il-78 was chattered by our telecommunications services to carry repair vehicles.  And as surprising, one of the C-17s prototypes also made a rotation here. At this time everybody was impressed by such a modern design.

On 1/19/2017 at 9:44 AM, XB-70A said:

Just a bit :)

POF10-PS-D3_C-17A_Globemaster_III_0968.j

P2090072.JPG

I remember as a kid in 95' when hurricane Luis struck us, a lot of help was deployed at Juliana airport, some US C-130H and French C-160D, one Ukrainian Il-78 was chattered by our telecommunications services to carry repair vehicles.  And as surprising, one of the C-17s prototypes also made a rotation here. At this time everybody was impressed by such a modern design.

Wow, after spendin 4 or so hours constructing the craft, i did not notice the winglets, will release a new version with them this afternoon as well as a Lockheed U-2 :]

New update; grounded for 2 weeks 4 days (got a bad grade in math, will get that fixed though)

Edited by TheKorbinger

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 1:50 PM, TheKorbinger said:

Wow, after spendin 4 or so hours constructing the craft, i did not notice the winglets, will release a new version with them this afternoon as well as a Lockheed U-2 :]

New update; grounded for 2 weeks (got a bad grade in math, will get that fixed though)

Grounded? Back in my day, we got a whoopin up the rear end and no dinner.

12 hours ago, TheKorbinger said:

I'm 17.. too old for that xD

As my grandfather once told me :

- "A trowel a week makes the son gentle and bring".

- "Even if everything went well?"

- "Yep, just give him one."

More seriously, sorry for you... have you think about a game copy on a hardrive you could plug at school? :cool:

On 1/23/2017 at 9:05 PM, XB-70A said:

As my grandfather once told me :

- "A trowel a week makes the son gentle and bring".

- "Even if everything went well?"

- "Yep, just give him one."

More seriously, sorry for you... have you think about a game copy on a hardrive you could plug at school? :cool:

My school has so many restrictions, and all of the computers are from the stone age, I don't know if they'd handle it well xD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.