Can't add maneuvers. Why?

Hello, I used to play KSP but quitted. Now that I started playing again I seem to have a problem. I can't add a maneuver. I can't click on the node and add a maneuver. It's really annoying cause I can't launch anything to other planets. I can get in orbit without it but I need to get to Minmus for some missions. 

Picture of it

Edited by Ruloveit

Hi @Ruloveit, welcome to the forums.

Most likely you are jumping straight into a tutorial or scenario, unfortunately there's a bug that means the buildings start un-upgraded, so you can't use the nodes.

If you start a sandbox game it'll fix the buildings so the nodes will work.

If you start a career then it'll reset them to tier 1 again, if you're actually playing career you need to upgrade your tracking station and mission control to tier 2, so you'll need some funds.

Hope this helps.

Glad to be part of them!

Oh I see. I had upgraded almost every building except the mission control. I will try it and let you know how it went. I remember I think last year when I was playing KSP I didn't have to upgrade anything to be able to add maneuvers.

Another difference in newer versions is signal: if enabled (by default only on Hard difficulty, I think?), it means you'll need an antenna on the probe with connection to the KSC (or a pilot aboard). This topic has more details:

12 hours ago, Ruloveit said:

Hello, I used to play KSP but quitted. Now that I started playing again I seem to have a problem. I can't add a maneuver. I can't click on the node and add a maneuver. It's really annoying cause I can't launch anything to other planets. I can get in orbit without it but I need to get to Minmus for some missions. 

Picture of it

Do you have a PIlot on board, or is this some sort of un-crewed probe?

• 2 years later...
On 3/16/2017 at 3:52 PM, Ruloveit said:

Picture of it

Don't mean to spam but just in case anyone finds this helpful.

I had the same issue in career mode after starting a new career on a higher difficulty. Upgrading the tracking station to lvl 2 fixed it for me, without having an antenna. I haven't tried it past Mun though so perhaps you'd need an antenna for further distances. 

Also, I can't 100% guarantee difficulty settings affect this anyway. I may have simply missed it the first time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.