Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

I would like to schedule a launch of 3 Skysat-1Bs to 500km. If they don't have reaction wheels, tell me. They may have to circularise under their own power. If that is the case (and if it is possible), releases them at 60 degrees from each other, using a 2/3 orbital period. 

@TheEpicSquared

Edited by Skylon

8 minutes ago, icantmakemodels said:

@TheEpicSquared, here's some proposed equations:

Grr, the forum won't parse and display TeX for me.

XvlFTmM.png

Duration at destination?

Maybe an equation to determine price as well/instead? 

I'd one myself but...

Good equation though.

Edited by Skylon

2 minutes ago, icantmakemodels said:

I don't think it would really matter; you could game the equation by using a greenhouse and timewarp.

Maybe something quadratic then with diminishing rewards, up to a certain point. Also comfort is not a numerical  value. And of course redundancy/reliability is something to consider.

It's just a rough equation; It probably needs way more terms. Perhaps,

6XpghXK.png

T is time in days

t is some arbitrary constant ~2. Depends on how quickly you want diminishing returns.

EDIT: Prettyprint TeX equations

Edited by icantmakemodels

Yes, I think. But maybe also the Kerbals gone previously should be with diminishing returns also. I'm trying to work out an equation with price instead of n

Not the best at that kind of thing though

Edited by Skylon

Here is my proposed equation for comfort or C: 

C=(H/K)*((sqrtO*2)+S

Where C is comfort, H is habitation space, K is the amount of kerbals, and O is the amount of Kerbals minus 1 (I could've used K again but I only noticed it afterwards and it would use too many brackets). 

S is for signal. If there is constant signal, the value is 1. If there is signal during launch and at the destination it is 0.5. If there is little signal the value is 0.1; kerbals won't fly if there is never any signal.

Why not use the Kerbalism stat?

Poor 1
Good 2
Great 3
Excellent 4

I can't be bothered to boot KSP to check what the actual stats are called and how many there are, but something like this

5 minutes ago, icantmakemodels said:

Why not use the Kerbalism stat?

I can't be bothered to boot KSP to check what the actual stats are called and how many there are, but something like this
Poor 1
Good 2
Great 3
Excellent 4

I suppose you could, but you sorta want more values, with lower intervals. A custom one is more, well... customisable... and the kerbalism stats don't really tell you how they decide values.

Edited by Skylon

p=(C*sqrtR)*(D*sqrtT)

Where p is price, C is comfort, R is reliability (number of kerbals who have been before), D is distance as decided by icantmakemodels and T is time.

I need to fix leverage when I can apply the equations.

You may notice that if no kerbals have gone before, the value is 0 due to the square root of 0 being 0. However, if no kerbal has gone before and it is the first kerbal (ever), they pay a bonus price. If it is the first kerbal to fly a certain craft to somewhere, but that place has been visited before by a tourist, then the value is ~0.1

Something like that anyway

Edited by Skylon

I would like to schedule a launch of 6 of my SkySat-1As in Launch Configuration 1. They would launch to a 500km orbit. Since I would like to test re-entry of the Arthur-1 upper stage from a higher orbit, leave the periapsis of it after deorbits as high as it can be while still maintaining an impact. It will  re-enter radial out for as long as possible, then retrograde. Use the RCS.

Here is a schematic I drew of the planned StarGate-1 station. L-1 is the logistics module, C-1 is the cargo module, H-1 (there are four of them, three not shown) are the habitation modules, and A-1 is the airlock module. A-1 will have a Cupola on the side to view Kerbin. The squares at the top are a bad representation of engines, and the straight lines are a small docking port. The straight lines with crosses between modules are normal sized docking ports. There are solar panels on L-1 and C-1.Fsqtr4V.jpg

I've finished up the modules, and put them together: 6asyGsS.jpgThe picture came out badly for some reason, and Kerbalism says no E/C will be produced, but oh well. And I just noticed it needs more batteries, probably.

7 hours ago, Skylon said:

@53miner53 how much do your station resupply modules weigh? I will probably only let you dock 1 or 2 for now.  What docking port size(s) do they use?

They are 1 ton each, and I'm not sure I can get them beyond a 100 km circular orbit with Copper 1. They use a standard clamp o tron on both ends, so I could dock them to each other, and to the spacecraft.

1 hour ago, Skylon said:

I've finished up the modules, and put them together: 6asyGsS.jpgThe picture came out badly for some reason, and Kerbalism says no E/C will be produced, but oh well. And I just noticed it needs more batteries, probably.

My Kerbalism is saying no ec production too. Please tell me if you figure out how to fix that.

8 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

They are 1 ton each, and I'm not sure I can get them beyond a 100 km circular orbit with Copper 1. They use a standard clamp o tron on both ends, so I could dock them to each other, and to the spacecraft.

My Kerbalism is saying no ec production too. Please tell me if you figure out how to fix that.

If you can make a craft that can take 2 months or more of supplies and dock that is under 2.7t, I will launch it on my Arthur-1 rocket and you will get some of the profit from government/tourist contracts if your resources are used. Or if you like I can pay you directly for the resources you provide. I am now working out the projected costs of StarGate-1

6 hours ago, Skylon said:

If you can make a craft that can take 2 months or more of supplies and dock that is under 2.7t, I will launch it on my Arthur-1 rocket and you will get some of the profit from government/tourist contracts if your resources are used. Or if you like I can pay you directly for the resources you provide. I am now working out the projected costs of StarGate-1

I would prefer to launch it myself on Copper 1, and be paid for the supplies. I don't know why @TheEpicSquared hasn't listed it, but I have a lower price for when the second stage is landed(:funds:15,000) that would be used for a launch like this. 

Edited by 53miner53

@TheEpicSquared, schedule another two Helium+Xsat Launches under the name "Helium+Xsat2" & "Helium+Xsat3", assuming the first launch works.

Put it them in Geosync 120 degrees from Xsat1 each other; schedule the launches accordingly.

https://kerbalx.com/Blacksilver/Helium-Xsat1

Also, how much does the gov pay per Kerbal month for the satellites?

-----

Someone post something because I have more equations.

Heck, do two. Why not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.