[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

I'm having an issue with module manager getting stuck on KSP_Interstellar_Extended-1.12.12GameDate/WarpPlurgin/Parts/Microwave/FELA/FELA/FELA when trying to start the game up.

I've updated Module Manager and I've updated Interstellar and still can't get it to get past it.

Any ideas?

I've since completely deleted module manager from my GameData folder and when I try to start up KSP, module manager is still trying to patch...

Edited by semicole

12 minutes ago, semicole said:

I'm having an issue with module manager getting stuck on KSP_Interstellar_Extended-1.12.12GameDate/WarpPlurgin/Parts/Microwave/FELA/FELA/FELA.

I've updated Module Manager and I've updated Interstellar and still can't get it to get past it.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forums!  We will need to see KSP's log to diagnose the problem.  If you don't know how to find or upload that, follow the first link in my signature.

4 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Welcome to the forums!  We will need to see KSP's log to diagnose the problem.  If you don't know how to find or upload that, follow the first link in my signature.

Here is the link to my output_log file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9eJWv8Rb6WIMjBIRGJuZ0duVXc/view?usp=sharing

Edited by semicole

58 minutes ago, semicole said:

Okay, I suspect your problem is this: You have installed a bunch of mods incorrectly.  I see folders like this: GameData/CryoEngines0_4_6/GameData/CryoEngines , so I think you just copied the contents of the archive into GameData whereas you needed to merge the contents of the archive's GameData into your existing GameData.  Generally things in KSP depend on exact paths from GameData.  You seem to have a lot of mods installed this way so it's worth verifying that every one is installed correctly.  Some may have different structures so you might need to read the installation instructions.  Or just start from a clean install and use CKAN, which manages everything for you.

Edited by blowfish

9 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Okay, I suspect your problem is this: You have installed a bunch of mods incorrectly.  I see folders like this: GameData/CryoEngines0_4_6/GameData/CryoEngines , so I think you just copied the contents of the archive into GameData whereas you needed to merge the contents of the archive's GameData into your existing GameData.  Generally things in KSP depend on exact paths from GameData.  You seem to have a lot of mods installed this way so it's worth verifying that every one is installed correctly.  Some may have different structures so you might need to read the installation instructions.  Or just start from a clean install and use CKAN, which manages everything for you.

Yeah after toying around with it for the past couple of hours I realized that I installed a lot of the mods incorrectly, I have since gone back and did a clean install of KSP and re installed the mods the correct way. I had not heard of CKAN before, I'm going to try that as well.

I have a question in regards to using variables.

Can I write a config file where I define a single setting at the top, outside of any module, and then reference that setting inside various patches? Something like the following concept:

myVariable = 1.5

@PART[part1]
{
    @someField *= #$myVariable$
}

@PART[part2]
{
    @someOtherField /= #$myVariable$
}

It would make something I'm trying to do a whole lot easier. :) I can do it without, so it's no real problem, but it would be a big improvement if this was possible.

18 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

I have a question in regards to using variables.

Can I write a config file where I define a single setting at the top, outside of any module, and then reference that setting inside various patches? Something like the following concept:

myVariable = 1.5

@PART[part1]
{
    @someField *= #$myVariable$
}

@PART[part2]
{
    @someOtherField /= #$myVariable$
}

It would make something I'm trying to do a whole lot easier. :) I can do it without, so it's no real problem, but it would be a big improvement if this was possible.

worst case scenario you would need to put your variable into a node

MySettings
{
	myVariable = 1.5
}

@PART[part1]
{
    @someField *= #$@MySettings/myVariable$
}

@PART[part2]
{
    @someOtherField /= #$@MySettings/myVariable$
}

3 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Can I write a config file where I define a single setting at the top, outside of any module, and then reference that setting inside various patches?

SMURFF does something like this with the 'lever' settings.

How does the only loading the latest version if multiple are present work? Is there something in the code or is it just a feature of having the version number in the name?

26 minutes ago, tomf said:

How does the only loading the latest version if multiple are present work? Is there something in the code or is it just a feature of having the version number in the name?

Every instance of ModuleManager looks for other instances of ModuleManager and disables itself if any other instance has a newer version.

On 3/4/2017 at 0:09 PM, Sarxis said:

I get an error with CommunityTechTree.cfg.  I've modded it myself (carefully).  How would I go about hunting down what exactly the error is?  Would that show up in a log? 

Welp, I've looked at the ksp.log to see if I could make any sense of what the error could be, and I have no idea.  Found a few entries near the suspect CTT.cfg error output, but I don't know what it means.  Anyone want to take a look?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwS8HpVnXfpJTGZIWG1Fa1VKU0U/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, Sarxis said:

Welp, I've looked at the ksp.log to see if I could make any sense of what the error could be, and I have no idea.  Found a few entries near the suspect CTT.cfg error output, but I don't know what it means.  Anyone want to take a look?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwS8HpVnXfpJTGZIWG1Fa1VKU0U/view?usp=sharing

Could you show us the patch as well?  MM isn't liking something on the left side of some equal sign.

16 minutes ago, Sarxis said:

I don't have any MM patches 'that I'm aware of'.   But this is the CTT.cfg that is giving the error:    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwS8HpVnXfpJZWxKbks2YUJnRWs/view?usp=sharing

That entire file is a MM patch.  But I suspect it's complaining about line 15.  I think it's supposed to be commented out.

On 19/03/2017 at 0:14 PM, rkarmark said:

Hi just want to say norton antivierus thinks MM is a virus (no problems when installing with ckan

My best advice would be to install an actual antivirus to replace that money grabbing mess.

I have a question which I have not been successful in answering through google/wiki etc.....

I have a module I want to add to harvesters. Easy. However, this module I need to give a specific value only when a specific other module is present in the part. How do I achieve this?

Example based on a drill in the karbonite parts pack.

//Specific for one part is for testing purposes
@PART[KA_Drill_Radial_01]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester_USI],!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[GTI_MultiModeHarvester]]:FOR[GTI]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GTI_MultiModeHarvester

availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true

useModuleAnimationGroup:HAS[ModuleAnimationGroup] = true	//???
	}
}

It is the "useModuleAnimationGroup" field I want to set to true when and only when the corresponding module is present.

From the wiki I know I can check for a specific other mod like

Spoiler

PART:NEEDS[RealFuels|ModularFuelSystem]
{
    name = myPartName

description:NEEDS[RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem] = This part is used in real fuels
    description:NEEDS[ModularFuelSystem&!RealFuels] = This part is used in modular fuel system
}

As I understand the :HAS[] expression, it searches inside the node it is declared on, right? That would mean what I am trying can only fail, right? But if that is right, then what is my best alternative?

12 hours ago, blowfish said:

That entire file is a MM patch.  But I suspect it's complaining about line 15.  I think it's supposed to be commented out.

Thanks!  That was it.  I think I'm using a fairly old version of CommunityTechTree so that might have either been a relic or I might have accidentally uncommented that bit of digital fluff.  If you ever find yourself stranded on Hoth, I'll owe you one! :)

25 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

I have a question which I have not been successful in answering through google/wiki etc.....

I have a module I want to add to harvesters. Easy. However, this module I need to give a specific value only when a specific other module is present in the part. How do I achieve this?

Example based on a drill in the karbonite parts pack.

//Specific for one part is for testing purposes
@PART[KA_Drill_Radial_01]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester_USI],!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[GTI_MultiModeHarvester]]:FOR[GTI]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GTI_MultiModeHarvester

availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true

useModuleAnimationGroup:HAS[ModuleAnimationGroup] = true	//???
	}
}

It is the "useModuleAnimationGroup" field I want to set to true when and only when the corresponding module is present.

From the wiki I know I can check for a specific other mod like

Reveal hidden contents

PART:NEEDS[RealFuels|ModularFuelSystem]
{
    name = myPartName

description:NEEDS[RealFuels&!ModularFuelSystem] = This part is used in real fuels
    description:NEEDS[ModularFuelSystem&!RealFuels] = This part is used in modular fuel system
}

As I understand the :HAS[] expression, it searches inside the node it is declared on, right? That would mean what I am trying can only fail, right? But if that is right, then what is my best alternative?

Make 2 patches

The first to add your module

The second to fix the variable on those parts that have the need for that variable

18 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Make 2 patches

The first to add your module

The second to fix the variable on those parts that have the need for that variable

Thanks. That was what I was trying to avoid, but there is probably not a way around that.

potential stupid question here: is there a way to disable during the loading of KSP the text that pops up showing module manager doing its thing? I dont mean in the yellow bar where you see stuff like: Loading Asset Bundles, but I mean in the space above it <formerly below it>

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDecouple
		ejectionForce = 500
		explosiveNodeID = bottom
	}

Is there a way to modify ModuleDecuple's force vector or something similar? I'm trying to make a config for a fairing and i want to push it sideways with some torque but with the code above it shoots the poor thing straight up. and it looks cool

Edited by Alpha_Mike_741