[WIP] Vessel View: v0.4

PeteTimesSix

Been testing it out, love it!

I would have one suggestion though, perhaps the ability to resize the window? Flying around in IVA and it does appear to take up a rather large portion of screen real-estate. Unless there is a way of resizing the window and I'm just blind to it?

But let me say it again, love what you've done with it, and makes flying space shuttles in IVA so much fun!

I would have one suggestion though, perhaps the ability to resize the window? Flying around in IVA and it does appear to take up a rather large portion of screen real-estate. Unless there is a way of resizing the window and I'm just blind to it?

There is now ^^

Been playing with this a bit more, just a heads up, procedural fairings appear normally, however procedural wings do not appear on the screen.

Not a major biggy, just thought you might want to know.

Thought of something else, maybe in the future, if it's possible to get the G's that parts are experiencing, perhaps we could see the stresses that are being exerted on the craft?

OMG this looks so awesome!!

I hear you need a license for this sort of mod? I dont really know how you go about those, so I hope you can just take one off the web, drop in your name, put it in a file that comes with your source and that does it.

Handy guide for licensing here :)

Excellent work! Looking good so far!

Thought of something else, maybe in the future, if it's possible to get the G's that parts are experiencing, perhaps we could see the stresses that are being exerted on the craft?

I've seen that requested before, so people would use it. Bonus points if it can predict stresses while still in the editor!

Some other potential functions:

• Fuel tank dead-weight (current mass divided by full mass, useful for asparagus designs)
  • Per-stage thrust-to-weight ratio colouring
  • Post-mission summary issue highlighting (which of the connections broke and in what order?)
  • Resource production/consumption (e.g. solar panels green, lights orange, ion engines red)
  • A hard mode for probes: Force Vessel View, map view and any externally mounted cameras as the only views available when launching probes for a mission control-style system.

Now that you have a framework, there are loads of possibilities. Have fun with them!

Loving the plugin so far. One thing to concider for future versions perhaps would be an option to not render changes(bending etc.) And locking the view to 2d rendering. Perhaps a seperate view that updates more often and is completly 2d(just for viewing staging and heat etc.) But its no biggie. The view works really well as it is now. And the framerate load is barely noticable.

Excellent work! Looking good so far!

I've seen that requested before, so people would use it. Bonus points if it can predict stresses while still in the editor!

Some other potential functions:

• Fuel tank dead-weight (current mass divided by full mass, useful for asparagus designs)
  • Per-stage thrust-to-weight ratio colouring
  • Post-mission summary issue highlighting (which of the connections broke and in what order?)
  • Resource production/consumption (e.g. solar panels green, lights orange, ion engines red)
  • A hard mode for probes: Force Vessel View, map view and any externally mounted cameras as the only views available when launching probes for a mission control-style system.

Now that you have a framework, there are loads of possibilities. Have fun with them!

These are really excellent ideas.

Really great mod. Thanks for this.

How about ability to save settings for that vessel / flight?? Nice when going back to that vessel if parms / views were remembered.

And, is there ANY possible way to have this available in VAB / SPH?? This would HELP a lot with complicated craft in making sure all stuff was correctly placed in correct stages......

agian, great as is.... many thanks...

Edited by drtedastro

I like to see how the mods are developing towards IVA.

Maybe it encourages the devs to start adding more IVA features.

A first person view along with those will also be cool.

When official multiplayer is released we will be abble to make servers where you are only one kerbonault, and can only play from his POV.

So a 3 crew ship can have 3 players, paying attention to different things at once.

One checks integrity and status as fuel and staging, one pilots and the other plans maneuver nodes and warps.

All my friends will buy KSP when that becomes possible.

Your mod looks awesome, can't wait to have it on my cockpit!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.