[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

Seems to work fine with 0.25 so far (including x64) as long as you do not replace the asset files for the sunflare (in my experience that's a crash on load every damn time), I'm sure there's a quick work-around but I haven't been bothered to find it yet, and you can do worse than making sure you are up to date with Custom Asteroids and the RSS plugin, it's not compulsory but probably best to do so.

Seems to work fine with 0.25 so far (including x64) as long as you do not replace the asset files for the sunflare (in my experience that's a crash on load every damn time), I'm sure there's a quick work-around but I haven't been bothered to find it yet, and you can do worse than making sure you are up to date with Custom Asteroids and the RSS plugin, it's not compulsory but probably best to do so.

im not sure you should be replacing it, although i wasted hours on unity assets breaking down squads and this mods assets and replacing the internal files, but nothing happens, i cant get sun to work, i only installed the simplest of mods and i somehow broke x32 it cant go past loading screen (%100 sure not a memory issue) x64 works but cant get the sunflare to work on that as well, even so module manager keeps claming x64 is more unstable and can be bad for mods.. which is quite irritating considering i ve never had any problems

The problem with the sunflare is actually deeper than that. Unity Assets Explorer 1.2 can no longer correctly open KSP assets and can no longer save compatible asset files since SQUAD changed the version of the resource assets. Opening and replacing has to be done with 1.3 ( http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36 )

(This post is for Thesonicgalaxy )

I tested it myself since I still run my own sunflare whenever I can and opening the new assets10 only worked right with 1.3 of AssetsExplorer, then replace sunflare.tex like usual, save the asset file and it works.

** Only tested in 32bit client**

The problem is I can't update the relevant post I made about this eons ago and linked to in my sig, because some moderator locked the topic it was in. Either way. Editing the new version asset file works, so it's an easy fix.

Edited by eRe4s3r

The problem with the sunflare is actually deeper than that. Unity Assets Explorer 1.2 can no longer correctly open KSP assets and can no longer save compatible asset files since SQUAD changed the version of the resource assets. Opening and replacing has to be done with 1.3 ( http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36 )

(This post is for Thesonicgalaxy )

I tested it myself since I still run my own sunflare whenever I can and opening the new assets10 only worked right with 1.3 of AssetsExplorer, then replace sunflare.tex like usual, save the asset file and it works.

** Only tested in 32bit client**

The problem is I can't update the relevant post I made about this eons ago and linked to in my sig, because some moderator locked the topic it was in. Either way. Editing the new version asset file works, so it's an easy fix.

Thanks. That AssetsExplorer works on Linux too (with Wine), albeit the path names are a bit wonky. Just edited the file and about to see if it actually loads.

As long as you keep assets.file and unpacked tex files in their correct sub-folders it should work but it's fiddly even on windows ;) I use -force-opengl as well, so I can never be sure what I test is what others experience on their end. For me I can't even start KSP without forcing openGL at this point (memory related)

The repacked version I made works just fine and has the correct sun flare.

And yeah, it was a bit fiddly. I had to extract the one it came with, replace that with the one from BA, and import it. In hindsight, I guess I could have just made a folder named sharedassets10 in the same folder with the AE executable, placed the texture in there, and it would have worked.

I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or its a change in features.. On 0.24 I had gaseous clouds on minmus, now I've updated to 0.25 I have none. I've started with a fresh install and installed the same way as before. Not sure if other planets are affected, I'm playing career and haven't gone that far yet. Kerbin looks fine though.

The clouds on kerbin are fuzzy and it looks like it loaded two copies of the cloud texture. How do i fix this?

I am using active texture management.

EDIT: I removed ATM and it is still happening.

Hey bud, make sure cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg is the only config file in \GameData\BoulderCo\Clouds. Try removing any excess configs from that dir and try again. Good luck!

Hey bud, make sure cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg is the only config file in \GameData\BoulderCo\Clouds. Try removing any excess configs from that dir and try again. Good luck!

I have "cloudLayers.cfg", "cloudLayers-BetterAtmospheres.cfg" and "cloudLayers-PlanetFactory.cfg". I will delete the other two.

Does anyone have a working white sun in .25? I've tried putting the sun_flare.tex.dds file in KSP_Data, but it's still stock.

I had to add that dds into sharedassets10 manually. There's a link to a program one page back that'll do this for you.

I have trying fruitlessly for 2 days to install this mod with no luck so far. Every time i try to run it, it crashes and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Dlt my way out only for me to find a "Oops!" error.

And before anyone asks, yes I have deleted the cloudlayers.cfg and did not install the sunflare.dds file,

I also have ActiveTextureReplacer running as well

I have trying fruitlessly for 2 days to install this mod with no luck so far. Every time i try to run it, it crashes and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Dlt my way out only for me to find a "Oops!" error.

And before anyone asks, yes I have deleted the cloudlayers.cfg and did not install the sunflare.dds file,

I also have ActiveTextureReplacer running as well

0.25 or 0.24.2?

And is that Active Texture Management or Texture Replacer?

ATM is reported to have some issues at the moment and is being looked into, Texture Replacer is working just fine with this; at least for me on Linux x64 KSP.

This isn't an out of memory issue is it? 0.25 uses more ram than 0.24.2. If you were just barely getting by before, you might not be now. The only real solutions for OOM issues are disabling various Windows services to lower Windows' used resources, waiting for ATM to be fixed, or using x64 Linux.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.