• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

19 Good

About Mike`

  • Rank
    Rocketry Enthusiast

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Does it work with RSS/RO/principia? :) Also, the name somewhat confuses me. Is it a trajectory optimizer or launch vehicle optimizer? Because launch vehicle designer hints at the latter, imo.
  2. You need to install the latest RealFuels version for 1.3.1 (https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/releases/tag/rf-v12.6.0), it includes MLI.
  3. What do you mean by "not cut part count"? You can add as many parts to your rockets as you like, even with this mod. And if you want more parts, you can combine this with other mods.
  4. I somehow have trouble with the n-body coast not detecting SOI transitions. I do an escape burn and an n-body coast and i keep "orbiting earth". Replace n-body coast with normal coast and everything works, eg orbiting sun or orbiting venus after i optimize the plan to find a venus encounter. Also, the selective SoI search dialog behaves weirdly, when i select something, close the dialog, open it again, everything is reset to everything selected, in the case of n-body coast it is reset to everything but the gravitational bodies selected.
  5. Really no worries, take the time you need, i didn't want to sound impatient. I'm glad you found the wrong transform and now curious how the fixed/moved transform part behaves, but i'll happily wait until you get around to provide it. After all, modding as a hobby shouldn't become stressful.
  6. If FAR calculates/estimates the higher drag correctly, then there is nothing wrong/nothing to fix, i guess. The unfixed LR-101 was clearly broken drag-wise, i haven't seen the fixed part yet and how much more drag it has compared to the old LR-101. I cannot try flying a new atlas because the unfixed new LR101 has so much drag the rocket immediately crashes.
  7. If you could provide me with the updated lr101 i'll load it up in far and try to see if the debug view will work now and might give a clue where the problem is. Well, the fuel consumption of your rocket increases to reach a certain orbit, but the fuel consumption per second didn't increase - so talking about fuel consumption when in fact it looks to be a drag issue can be misleading. But i guess we all got it now so it's fine.
  8. Thanks, glad you found it! That sounds weird. If you want, i can take a look and test it aswell (in a Realism Overhaul install though). FAR allows you to analyze the drag of your rocket directly in the VAB including debug voxels etc, so i could try to check if drag is still higher than it should be.
  9. I asked ferram about it, here's what he had to say: "There's probably a random transform floating somewhere far from the rest of the mesh that's screwing it up". If you haven't done so already, would you be so kind to recheck the model for that?
  10. Hey @CobaltWolf, really liking the new Atlas parts. Sadly, the new LR101 vernier seems to have some trouble when used with FAR - it has a gigantic drag. Do you have any idea why that might be? If not, i guess i'll ask ferram about it.
  11. Well, one small thing that comes to mind is support by Testflight. Supporting testflight/manipulating the thrust of single engines of a cluster would probably require some extra work/an API, if it is easily possible at all.
  12. Can anybody say 1-2 sentences about what extended-body gravitation means for principia? Are the bodies modeled as oblated spheroids, or is the simulation even more precise with measured gravitation maps, taking continents etc into account?
  13. Does anybody know if there is a permanent/persistent way to increase the game's warp speeds, eg. setting better timewarp's hyperwarp as the default warp levels? Sadly, the game keeps resetting to it's default warp speeds on some screen/building changes.
  14. You can fix it by modifying GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\SSTU\SSTU_Engines_GLOBAL.cfg and make sure it contains a part looking similar to: @MODULE[SSTUModularEngineCluster] { @diameterIncrement = 0.1 // Allow increments of 1 cm %adjustMass = false } The %adjustMass part is the important bit which needs to be added.
  15. Can confirm i had this problem as well. Having thought about it later, maybe i should have reduced the thrust of the booster a bit to have a longer runtime/decouple in less dense atmosphere. What i ended up doing was increase the thrust of the radial decoupler separator-boosters somewhat with a patch, so it was able to push the boosters away and the nose of the booster outwards. To do that you also might need to turn down the thrust-level of the lower separator-booster and spread them out so they are at the end of the booster.