Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

893 Excellent

About VR_Dev

  • Rank
    Unity Developer

Recent Profile Visitors

3,410 profile views
  1. Still love my f-22, haven't flown it in awhile. It was suffering from a bad aerodynamic graphics glitch last time I tried it. Has that been fixed? I moved on to programing real life quadcopters, but have some ideas to revisit my drone race. https://youtu.be/CmPSX6I0s6U
  2. Hexapod, I can upload the other 2 later. https://kerbalx.com/clown_baby/Hexapod-V8 Trying to get this plugin to work in 1.8.1. The update to Unity 2019 should mean I can implement the job system and remove any remaining lag in this plugin.
  3. MRK VII Armed just passed 1k downloads and the MRK VIII isn't far behind. Thanks to everyone who's tried it.
  4. This is a problem I have been experiencing for a while, however I'm moving them via code. I was just trying to get my plugin working again in 1.81 but if this problem still exists there's no point. Speaking of getting my plugin working in 1.81 with 3.0.2, Im here to ask about what I'm always here to ask about. Still using the IR Wrapper from sequencer. Now the initialization fails with ""[IR Wrapper] Failed to grab ControlGroup Type". When I change "InfernalRobotics_v3.Command.ControlGroup" to "InfernalRobotics_v3.Interfaces.IServoGroup", initialization works, but I get the error "IRWrapp
  5. Been back at this for a while, but progress has been pretty quick so I haven't posted many updates. Before I was setting the position of the target transitioning across the ground to the percentage that the arc target was at, this was the exact opposite of what i should have been doing. Now the arc position is set to the percentage or average percentage of the other feet on that sides percent completion to the back target. This allows me to actually set the speed I want. Now if you set walk speed to 3 m/s, the hexapod will actually travel 3 m/s. Once all 3 of the arcing feet a
  6. Any chance to shamelessly show my hexipod... I've been back at it for a while but havent posted any updates. Have it working with Next in 1.6 Side note, @Rudolf Meier, I know a lot of the situations are different, but most of these fps issues sound identical to mine.
  7. So you can no longer call MoveTo(pos,speed) every frame, no idea why but that's the problem. Now I do need a solution to continuously set the servo position. Gonna go back to the last working KSP/IR next combo.
  8. Oh sure that makes sense. I usually have it set to 20 where I assume it's clamped? By the way MoveTo(float float) works, it just kills the frame rate
  9. I have to think about all of this and type out my thoughts this weekend. In short my ideal situation would be to have full control of the raw speed. I use a PID to slow it down so I don't need internal controls to avoid overshooting.
  10. moveToMethod = IRMotorType.GetMethod("MoveTo", new[] { typeof(float), typeof(float) }); This is the call and it matches the InfernalRobotics_v3.Interfaces.IMotor.MoveTo(float position, float speed);
  11. Sure, this is something I have been considering for a long time. I have attempted to use only 3 points in the gait, a front ground position, back ground position, and arc height position, but for reasons I cant remember I decided this way was working better (it also looks cooler in my unity window with one leg following the other, so maybe that was it), but I totally understand the downside of setting the position to intermediate positions between the final position. I will take all of these things into consideration once I get up and running, which MoveTo is preventing me from.
  12. thanks Rudolf that is really helpful information that should benefit my project greatly. However I don't set the servo to 34.5 to try and force it from 32.85 to 33, i set the servo to 34.5 because the limb is meant to move constantly. I use the speed and acceleration to try and force it to what it is set to. (I should probably start using the force though, I was just never quite sure what what force did) Which is why I agree that a solution to set the servos every fixed update would be useful though. I understand this may be a lot of extra work though.
  13. Sure, my understanding is "Position" is where the servo actually is, and "CommandPosition" it is set to be at. When there is ground contact with an IR limb the servo is very rarely at the position it is set to, which is why Position is useful to me. I need to know where the limb actually is. I'm also setting the speed of the servo based on where the servo actually is. If my code thinks the servo is actually in the right position, the speed will be set incorrectly. Either way I might just switch to using raw rotation of the joint anyway. I dont think this solves my new problem anyway. You
  14. So I got my mod to work by changing this line, but the framerate tanks even with just a couple servos in the scene. Been doing some testing and im 95% sure its not on my end. Nothing of mine has changed and there are no errors being thrown. Seems like a silent reflection error in the wrapper. positionProperty = IRServoType.GetProperty("Position"); to positionProperty = IRMotorType.GetProperty("Position"); My confusion continues. Edit : Yeah its failing silently on IServo.MoveTo(float pos, float speed). FindMethods() seems to be correct though moveToMethod =
  15. ok, so I actually misread the error, I thought it was failing on IMotor but it was failing on IMotorGroup. Once I change that and IServoGroup to the Interfaces namespace, (as well as some other naming convention changes "Speed") the wrapper successfully initiates. Now I get a null reference on IServo.Position. I assume this has something to do with the differences between IServo and IMotor in the plugin, and IServo not even having a Position value. Edit : hmm but IServo inherits from IMotor, now I'm really confused
  • Create New...