King of the Hill

Gojira

You didn't zap the planet quite hard enough. The rock parts don't have enough momentum to clear the gravity field of all the other rock parts, and the whole system eventually slams back into itself to form a rough, jagged 'planet' again. None of your mining stations survive the collision- even the ones that were on the outside of the contracting cloud and never were hit directly by another rock are still destroyed by the g-force of impact.

I increase the local gravitational constant, overcoming the electron degeneracy pressure of the rock ball and causing it to form a tiny neutron star. Once it becomes perfectly spherical, I slowly lower the gravitational constant back to normal while compensating for shifts through adjustments of the strong nuclear force constant. At normal conditions, the neutron star is way too light to be a normal neutron star, but resides in a metastable state that prevents it from exploding.

Touch my neutron star, I dare you.

Although the initial explosion might have been strong enough to create a momentary black hole, the mass of the metastable neutron star was about equal to an average terrestrial planet, and thus far, far below the Chandrasehkar limit needed for it to become a regular neutron star, let alone a black hole. The collapsing system emits a gravitational wave which causes interferometer telescopes to flicker for parsecs around.

I would lay claim to the cloud of dispersed neutrons, but seriously, who cares about dispersed neutrons?