• 0.11-0.13
    • 0.14-0.16
    • 0.17-0.19
    • 0.20-0.22
    • 0.23-0.25
    • I didn't join KSP, I'm only a forum user
    • Will join at release. (1.0)

0.22. Career FTW!

I would have gotten in sooner, but I'd gotten the impression that it was more about managing a space program (like training astronauts and managing funds) than flying rockets. Flying rockets = massive fun. Managing the program = interesting diversion. Not paying for interesting diversion unless it comes with the massive fun part.

Bought it for 40% off during a steam sale.

0.20 version of the game. Loved it, played it every day for some time, and then it pgraded to 0.21, and I loved it even more.

And 0.22 and 0.23 and 0.23.5 and 0.24 and 0.25 and 0.90. With each release I fall more and more in love with the game. I hope 1.0 delivers :)

0.17 or 0.18, I dont remember...

I remember moving map camera to measure angles on the screen and doing the math to reach Mun, so it has to be before maneuver nodes. Also learned the easy solution: burn when Mun rises!!

2013 forum kraken ate my account too.

Found it on youtube while looking for Orbiter cinematics a week after .19 came out, but I didn't actually get the game until .20

EDIT: woo! 200 posts!

EDIT2: among the first videos I remember watching were: Scott Manley's Project Icarus, Scott Manley making rockets with his dad, and Insane Rockets Division episode 1 (because you have to start at the beginning)

Edited by billbobjebkirk

I joined in 0.18.2, purchasing the game in January of 2013. KSP was a lot different then, but still really awesome. :) I waited until October of 2013 to make an account, largely because I was away from home from May-August of 2013 for personal reasons.

.8 or so. No Mun, no persistence, no orbital map...

Went to Mun and Minmus when they were added, but there I stopped for the longest time - other games wanted my attention, and I was waiting for certain things (like docking) to become stock. Finally ventured beyond Kerbin's SOI and started building space stations, etc, somewhere around .19 or so. Been keeping this save going since then. I'll finally start over with 1.0.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.