[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Plugin Rework (Updated: 05/04/2015)

erendrake

Great news ! I had some more time to play around with KSP and have tried new IR with in-editor part animation (simply marvelous).

I've tried to make a vehicle that uses IR to enable stowage, but have also hit a snag with loading forces from vehicle mass on high-G planetary surface (such as Kerbin). I have used twekscaled I-beams as wheel pylons for KF wheels and attached them to "Hinge Pivotron - Basic" to provide stowed and deployed vehicle frame form. I know IR parts reworked by ZI are not intended to loaded with such high forces, but i hope that new parts will be made for this purpose.

An other strange issue - for testing purposes i have launched my vehicle in stowed position. After deploying into driving shape, KF wheels did not properly respond to commands. It is as if wheels had their orientation initialized the wrong way upon scene loading. Annoying issue.

Here are some images.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Update : I have replaced KF Wheels Alpha with stock stock wheels TR-2L to test if this orientation initialization problem is specific to KF addon. It seems to affect only KF wheels. I'll go over KF thread to report a bug (if not already posted).

Do I understand correctly that this new rework along with the reworked parts will become the standard release once 1.0 is released? I really like what the IR rework team has done!

Current release (0.20) of Infernal Robotics - IS the result of a rework. This thread is here for discussing further development.

Current release (0.20) of Infernal Robotics - IS the result of a rework. This thread is here for discussing further development.

The model rework are not yet include in 0.20? What should I do with the legacy parts? Will Replacing them with the rework model parts cause any problem?

The model rework are not yet include in 0.20? What should I do with the legacy parts? Will Replacing them with the rework model parts cause any problem?

The Model Rework is a side project of IR, so isn't included in 0.20 by default. They don't replace the legacy parts either so you can have both rework and legacy installed without issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Try pressing Green Arrow - it is a toggle.

Uuuh, thought that was a "to next preset"... Honestly, I kinda like being to stupid to figure that one out. Means I don't have to wait to have it implemented XD

Uuuh, thought that was a "to next preset"... Honestly, I kinda like being to stupid to figure that one out. Means I don't have to wait to have it implemented XD

I think you put the reply in the wrong thread ;) . Ziw's message is from releases.

Pre-release of version 0.21.3

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/0.21.3-rc

New Features:

• Apply Symmetry button to apply servo limits to symmetry counterparts
  • nuFAR compatibility - Infernal Robotic parts will now inform nuFar of the position changes, so it can rebuild the voxel model

Fixes:

• TweakScale interaction fixes for translating parts
  • Very minor API implementation fix for IRServo.UID
  • Preset editing is a bit more user-friendly now (values are parsed on focus change instead of every frame).

If you have any issues don't forget to post your logs.

Edited by Ziw

KSPAPI extension shiped with IR, (sorry can't recall if it is IR rework plugin mod or other IR mod) is older than release available at official thread.

Not a big deal, it just cause warning on starting KSP that incompatible mod is detected. I didn't encountered any issues with it though.

I didn't checked this latest release, i have installed other some older release trough CKAN, still have to re-check what new CKAN have indexed.

If you already updated dependencies then disregard this post.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.