Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

Hey guys! I'm gonna attacH a BFE-5000 engine to the back of the hypetrain, if ya don't mind...

(Also, i'm thinking about giving full control over the hypetrain to a STEADLER SAS unit....)

tumblr_lp9cw6hWhy1qk4vtf.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I look like Harry right now.

Don't Go, 1.0!

EDIT:Mabye we should go and add wings! Then it will fly.

EDIT2: I remember when I got 0.90, I cried tears of joy. Also, we're in space now!

Edited by RAINCRAFTER

assuming we reach 15 pages by 5pm(Incredibly likely), and then assume a steady 15 pages/day post rate for this thread(also incredibly likely), and also assume a 3 week experimentals process, this will be a ~315 page thread by the time 1.0 drops. I am also guessing there will be higher values for pages per day as the day nears, leading to an even more inflated number of useless posts. These threads are nothing but people saying they are excited, while knowing everyone else is excited, but still telling everyone else anyway.

A big useless echo chamber.

.90 thread was 111 pages

.25 thread was 187 pages

.24 thread was 298 pages

.23.5 thread was 105 pages

This is the forum equivalent to holding the world record for eating the most sticks of butter. Please don't set a new personal best.

E: maybe move thread to forum games?

Edited by r4pt0r

I'm not going to be on this HypeTrain, I'm afraid.

I have two reasons for this. One is that the only thing happening within these HypeTrains is people expressing their excitement, mostly with either very large images or with spam-like posts. Most of the reason the KSP forums are so great is precisely because so few people normally leave spam-like posts, gratuitous large images, or other wastes of bandwidth. Thus, the HypeTrain is both worrisome and a bit unwholesome for the Forum as a whole. (Not even to mention the many, many times that the Forums have crashed as a result of this behavior.)

The second reason is that I'm not very happy about this next release being called '1.0.' I personally am of the opinion that another beta version would have been extremely nice, and that 1.0 will be unpleasantly buggy. This will not only be negative for long-time KSP players, but it will also be downright painful for new players who are unaccustomed to the bugs and who want a better game. I kinda wanted this update to be a sort of 0.99 update that allowed the community to iron out bugs, but alas, it was not to be. So that takes a lot of the excitement (and adds a lot of worry) to the coming update. I really can't get hyped about 1.0.

So this HypeTrain isn't for me. Sorry, guys.

(Because this post will probably be buried after a couple of minutes, and because spam is already rampant in these parts, requoting this when you get the chance would be much appreciated. I'm not going to post on this thread anymore. I've had my say.)

-Upsilon

I have two reasons for this. One is that the only thing happening within these HypeTrains is people expressing their excitement, mostly with either very large images or with spam-like posts. Most of the reason the KSP forums are so great is precisely because so few people normally leave spam-like posts, gratuitous large images, or other wastes of bandwidth. Thus, the HypeTrain is both worrisome and a bit unwholesome for the Forum as a whole. (Not even to mention the many, many times that the Forums have crashed as a result of this behavior.)

The second reason is that I'm not very happy about this next release being called '1.0.' I personally am of the opinion that another beta version would have been extremely nice, and that 1.0 will be unpleasantly buggy. This will not only be negative for long-time KSP players, but it will also be downright painful for new players who are unaccustomed to the bugs and who want a better game. I kinda wanted this update to be a sort of 0.99 update that allowed the community to iron out bugs, but alas, it was not to be. So that takes a lot of the excitement (and adds a lot of worry) to the coming update. I really can't get hyped about 1.0.

(Because this post will probably be buried after a couple of minutes, and because spam is already rampant in these parts, requoting this when you get the chance would be much appreciated. I'm not going to post on this thread anymore. I've had my say.)

-Upsilon

I agree in all points. I think the great 1.0 discussion thread is enough, and writing "hypehypehype..." all the time doesn´t make any sense for me, and nor does a 1.0 version.

It's a long walk to the station, I might say. You might respond with something like "KSP 0.90 is perfectly fine for my purposes." And then we'd laugh.
Why wouldn't I look forward to the update? I'm just not going to join in this orgiastic exercise in spam posting. These threads are basically just useless meme posts for the sake of useless meme posts.

-Upsilon

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to UpsilonAerospace again."

Since I can't rep you again yet, I will quote you. Agreed 100%. I think I am going to wait until the real hype starts a couple of days before release, and stick to the general 1.0 thread.