Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

To find a proof that it isn't a joke you might prefer looking on a calendar, with clock set to UTC. :)

It's already the 3rd April there and it means April fools is over for quite a while. :)

So you can confirm it's not a joke then? April fools was further away when Kasper made his forum April fools joke, so you'll have to excuse my skepticism. Poe's Law strikes again :)

Also, here's the longer experimentals announcement for version 1.0:

Edited by Yakuzi
links

Ted has confirmed that experimentals will be starting very soon. I don't think the exact day has been specified, but the announcement is not a joke. No April Fools involved in this one.

Thanks for the clarification Claw, I can start working on my hype now! I also found Ted's confirmation on twitter in the meantime (see below), but like I said, after Kasper's joke April fools doesn't seem to be unique to the first of April anymore :)

Sleeping in the hype train coal box. Less likely to get trampled by the impending hordes, cuz when we start seeing builds rotate out in a hurry there's going to be a stamped to the hype train and giddy squees that make a Justin Bieber concert sound tame.

Also, dubbing girl Kerbals Girbals.

One "side-effect" to version 1.0, is that the game mechanics will be more mature, so shouldn't change so much on following versions allowing mods (and savegames) to be used across versions, to those like me who don't play that much (nor that fast) it means not having to restart again...

Technically, it runs on "HypePressure".

(Yes, I know I'm digging myself deeper in to this hole)

P.S.

Do you know how the HypeValvegear works? I assume that it's a HypeWalschaerts type.

HypeCoal is combusted in the firebox, which heats water into HypeSteam which builds HypePressure which powers the pistons that drive the wheels. And the Valve Gear isn't anything special, just part of the structural components really. Anyway, the Valve Gear is a Gresley Conjugated Valve Gear, just like the other A3 class locomotives.

You're not the fireman. A good fireman would know this. I'm sorry.

Edited by GregroxMun

~2 weeks(or more) of "hype", reaction images, posts that contribute nothing to the actual forum, and more "hype".

2.5 million years of human evolution to get us to...this. shameful.

Could we possibly use HypeOil as an alternative to HypeCoal when HypeCoal is in low numbers, a la 844 with Bunker C?

I'm all for HypeElectricty. Be green! Like kerbals!

~2 weeks(or more) of "hype", reaction images, posts that contribute nothing to the actual forum, and more "hype".

2.5 million years of human evolution to get us to...this. shameful.

You might be forgetting the point of the hype, a rocket building game?

Edited by Robotengineer