New Imgur album embeds

KasperVld

Yes. I believe we have been quite patient at this point. If Imgur is unwilling to provide a means to restore previous functionality, I guess I'll have to look for some alternative.

Happy landings!

Actually the old album api still works Kerbalstuff is an example of a site that still uses it. the switch to the new albums was voluntary and possibly premature considering how much of a step back the new albums are, but we can switch back to the full featured albums at anytime if the admins who control the forums code would only listen.

Thanks for all the tips posted here. Finally my slideshows don't have to use a glare-white background, because space is dark.

Protip: I've just experimentally determined

+ If the first image in an album does not have a title, because you figured the album name over it was sufficient

+ Other images in the album do have titles

= No titles will be displayed for any image in the album.

Workaround: Put a title on the first image if you want any of them to display a title.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the necro but I'm having problems with imgur embeds and just wanted to check whether this was a known problem or whether I'm just doing something wrong.

Basically, my embedded albums don't display properly. Rather than displaying the image, I get a partial screenshot from my imgur page, complete with ad banner at the top and (apparently working) controls to upload images.

Anyone got any ideas?

Anyone got any ideas?

That's probably because you are logged in to imgur and it's recognizing your album. You can try logging out of imgur and see if that fixes it for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it's worth making a whole new thread, but does anybody know why the image descriptions aren't showing up for some of my imgur embeds in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/133084-The-rebooted-Elcano-Challenge-Laythe-Part-4-CHALLENGE-COMPLETED ?

Not all of the images actually have description comments, but many of those that do have description comments don't have the comments showing up.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='smjjames']I know it's not a forum issue per se, but anybody having issues setting the album type in imagur while uploading?[/QUOTE]

You can't, anymore. The load-everything-at-once style is the only one. There's a post somewhere on Imgur help by whoever made that decision.

8 hours ago, Wanderfound said:

The "Insert Imgur album" button does not appear to be available when editing a post.

Most likely because of the specific resolution setting you're at: the smaller windows will generate a more limited post editor, but I do think that adding the imgur button to the medium size (there's three in total: large, medium, mobile) would be a good idea, so I'll go ahead and do that :D

1 hour ago, KasperVld said:

Most likely because of the specific resolution setting you're at: the smaller windows will generate a more limited post editor, but I do think that adding the imgur button to the medium size (there's three in total: large, medium, mobile) would be a good idea, so I'll go ahead and do that :D

That was on an iPad. It's similarly missing on an iPhone, so mobile may need a tweak as well.

Edit: the answer about mobile is implied in your post, I now realise. Is there any way to add an Imgur link without the button?

Edited by Wanderfound

19 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Ummm... WHAT imgur link button?.... I see nothing of the kind... ???

On this new forum, it's the black square with a white 'i' on the very top right of the post editor.

For some reason, it's currently not showing a tooltip saying 'imgur' when you hover your cursor over it, but it does still work.

Edited by swjr-swis

The button (as described above) is the last on in the list. So depending on your device, the button may be on a second row (like it is on my phone). Click that button and insert the five letter album identifier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.