[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

12 hours ago, RealGecko said:

I've installed scatterer and found an interesting issue: Kerbin atmosphere lit by Sun was visible through Mun surface.

Did you try rebuilding oceans? That usually fixes things like this for me.

As an aside, is there a keyboard shortcut to rebuild oceans instead of having to go through the alt-f10 menu every time?

1 hour ago, oniontrain said:

As an aside, is there a keyboard shortcut to rebuild oceans instead of having to go through the alt-f10 menu every time?

I'm fixing the issue right now so you won't have to rebuild the ocean every 5 minutes.

Edited: I'm uploading a new version. Directx 11 is fixed, the ocean issues requiring a rebuild are fixed and the lends flare in OpenGL is fixed.

@Proot I added a ghost image and doubled the number of ghost instances per image, I've also made the sun flare fade when zooming on the sun and added the "PQS main - extras" shader to the shaders with fixed render tags. Let me know if something doesn't work.

Edited by blackrack

5 hours ago, blackrack said:

Someone else reported this but I couldn't reproduce it, unless you have some errors in the log or you can come up with reliable reproduction steps, I can't do anything at the moment.

Crap, I overwrote my quicksave I made before starting this landing. If I encounter the issue once more I'll make a quicksave and post it here :)

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

I'm fixing the issue right now so you won't have to rebuild the ocean every 5 minutes.

Edited: I'm uploading a new version. Directx 11 is fixed, the ocean issues requiring a rebuild are fixed and the lends flare in OpenGL is fixed.

@Proot I added a ghost image and doubled the number of ghost instances per image, I've also made the sun flare fade when zooming on the sun and added the "PQS main - extras" shader to the shaders with fixed render tags. Let me know if something doesn't work.

Thanks! Dx11 is loading, but i have strange issues with atmosphere and pink squares on Sky. When disable alternative dx11 shaders the game crashs and dont load anymore until remove -force-d3d11. I go make any others tests, if dont solved i post logs and pics.

1 hour ago, XxhafizzaxX said:

@blackrack See video below.

[noparse]

[/noparse]

I honestly have no idea what this is but it doesn't seem like a big issue.

42 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

Thanks! Dx11 is loading, but i have strange issues with atmosphere and pink squares on Sky. When disable alternative dx11 shaders the game crashs and dont load anymore until remove -force-d3d11. I go make any others tests, if dont solved i post logs and pics.

Yeah, it's more of a work-around really, any shaders I compile with unity 5 for dx11 cause the game to crash, I included the unity 4 dx11 shaders, which seem to work well in my case, but I expect lots of people will have problems, until I find a better way.

@blackrack , great update! All seems to works fine for me under Dx9, even the terrain shadows. But something seems wrong with the new 3º ghost: I've created a new texture for it, but it's using the 2º ghost texture always, and does dissapear the first four instances of the 2º ghost texture. :wink:

7 minutes ago, Proot said:

@blackrack , great update! All seems to works fine for me under Dx9, even the terrain shadows. But something seems wrong with the new 3º ghost: I've created a new texture for it, but it's using the 2º ghost texture always, and does dissapear the first four instances of the 2º ghost texture. :wink:

For the 3rd ghost using the 2nd ghost's image, I just realized I made a typo. I'll fix that right up. what's disappearing though? The first 4 instances of ghost 2?

Quick Test:

D:\Games\KSP112\KSP_x64.exe -force-d3d11 -popupwindow
Scatterer-0.0245
Last Eve release stock one no other visual add) that was release 4 day agow

Noo crash yet, all look fine, there are minor glich but it work, special when it is tabing between window
Watch out GPU memory it will be use ~70/80% > in my case 2G ram = 1.6 G on runway & 1.7-1.8 G on VAB, SPH, but for get a better result it will require to be done more controlled test :)

Edited by Blacks

8 hours ago, blackrack said:

Awesome, im looking forward to that. Is each sunset and sunrise going to be the same? Or will they be slightly procedural, sometimes more red, sometimes more yellow. I dont know what causes it but in real life you rarely see two identical sunsets/sunrises.

37 minutes ago, blackrack said:

For the 3rd ghost using the 2nd ghost's image, I just realized I made a typo. I'll fix that right up. what's disappearing though? The first 4 instances of ghost 2?

Yup, the 3rd ghost appears with the 2nd ghost texture, and the first 4 instances of 2nd ghost dissapears (despite that the secound 4 instances of 2nd ghost seems to be working fine and with the correct texture).

4 minutes ago, Proot said:

Yup, the 3rd ghost appears with the 2nd ghost texture, and the first 4 instances of 2nd ghost dissapears (despite that the secound 4 instances of 2nd ghost seems to be working fine and with the correct texture).

For the first issue, this should do it: https://mega.nz/#!OYhSyZRR!S5PN_oN1iZ7ea4bcMDrbQfEYABHoqpFTXMqP5J6zoVY

For the second issue, can you confirm it also happens in dx11 and OpenGL?

17 minutes ago, kerbalresearch said:

Awesome, im looking forward to that. Is each sunset and sunrise going to be the same? Or will they be slightly procedural, sometimes more red, sometimes more yellow. I dont know what causes it but in real life you rarely see two identical sunsets/sunrises.

I don't intend to implement anything like this at the moment.

Anybody has problems with CKAN updating Scatterer? I have this error message, whether I choose scatterer-sunflare or astroniki:

Too many mods provide Scatterer-sunflare:
Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0245
* AstronikiSunflareforScatterer 1.0

59 minutes ago, garwel said:

Anybody has problems with CKAN updating Scatterer? I have this error message, whether I choose scatterer-sunflare or astroniki:

Yeah I'm getting that one too. Wanted to try out Astroniki's because I thought the sunflare was a bit to strong anyway. But now it seems I can't install either.

Edited by Tricky14

1 hour ago, garwel said:

Same problem here. Astroniki Sun flare does not work either.

I had same issue with those mods and a few others today, just remove the mod and then reinstall the new one. Mine worked fine after doing that using CKAN also. Hope this helps

8 hours ago, Steveo said:

I had same issue with those mods and a few others today, just remove the mod and then reinstall the new one. Mine worked fine after doing that using CKAN also. Hope this helps

Confirmed. Removing and reinstalling Scatterer fixes the issue.