[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 hours ago, Aniruddh said:

Hi, I'm getting a terrain bug on Laythe in ksp 1.8.1 with latest scatterer for that version (playing on Windows 10):

My aircraft crashes into the gap in the terrain frequently. My player.log below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oLgxGZNb7XrKI-Utnemf8bqDLFf2dcHy/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

I don't know if this is the actual culprit, but you have the same error message as this: https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/issues/90, the guy who reported the issue narrowed it down to a mod called " Real Expansion" causing the issue.

If that doesn't solve it:

-Update scatterer (you're on 1.8.1 but not on the latest version)

-Try to remove all other mods and test with scatterer alone

45 minutes ago, ThRodrigues said:

Interesting, so please tell me what files / folders should I keep to have only the sun? Just the ones in the "sunflares" folder or something else? The dll maybe? Some cfg or shader?

Don't delete any files. Go in "scatterer/config/planetsList.cfg" and delete very item inside "scattererCelestialBodies"

5 hours ago, blackrack said:

I don't know if this is the actual culprit, but you have the same error message as this: https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/issues/90, the guy who reported the issue narrowed it down to a mod called " Real Expansion" causing the issue.

I don't have that mod. The latest version doesn't fix this either. Never mind, I couldn't narrow it down, it seems to be due to a large combination of mods. I'll just ignore it and continue playing, it isn't a massive issue anyways. Thanks for your time anyways. 

Edited by Aniruddh
Tested latest version

7 hours ago, blackrack said:

This can have many causes, make a full report, please refer to the "how to report issues" section in the OP.

Just the sunflares you can, just the ocean you can't for now, it's something I'm considering adding but didn't get around to.

ok, so i checked the requirements for a full report, and my modlist is like 150+, do i have to list every single one of them?

38 minutes ago, Not a Spy said:

ok, so i checked the requirements for a full report, and my modlist is like 150+, do i have to list every single one of them?

Well, you have to narrow it down and test without mods because I can't comb through 150 mods

24 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Well, you have to narrow it down and test without mods because I can't comb through 150 mods

thats what i expected

*Sigh*, this is gonna be a PAIN

its just the no ocean bug, is there a fix that has worked before?

Edited by Not a Spy

1 hour ago, Not a Spy said:

thats what i expected

*Sigh*, this is gonna be a PAIN

its just the no ocean bug, is there a fix that has worked before?

If you look in the player.log file, there should be a report on the installed mods (generally the ones with .dll files).  You can use this to start your list and reduce your burden.  If you use CKAN, use the export function.

Just now, Brigadier said:

If you look in the player.log file, there should be a report on the installed mods (generally the ones with .dll files).  You can use this to start your list and reduce your burden.  If you use CKAN, use the export function.

where is that file

and as i said (no intent to be rude) its just the no ocean bug and i was wondering if there have been fixes that worked before?

17 minutes ago, Not a Spy said:

where is that file

Read the post linked in my sig block for good problem-solving/trouble-shooting info you should be providing whenever you report an issue.  As for the location:

• Windows:
    • - 1.8 or newer:
      •  %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log
    • - 1.7.3 or older:
      • KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or
      • KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or
      • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'Reports'. Scroll down the list and find the one which says "Log Reports", click that.  A list of files will be displayed in the top part of the window, in there will be Player.Log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log ).  Right-click on it and select "Reveal in Finder".
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

5 minutes ago, Kamilo said:

Hi I'm getting back into KSP and wanted to use scatterer again.  

But it seems that Kerbin dosen't have any clouds and I'm getting errors that there couldn't be found a correct main menu object (see Picture).

Is there a way I can fix that?

do you have eve or a similar mod installed?

31 minutes ago, Not a Spy said:

do you have eve or a similar mod installed?

Yes I have EVE installed. Also I have installed the AstronomersVisualPack, Distant Object and PlanetShine. I don't know if they maybe cause the problem

6 hours ago, Not a Spy said:

oh, and can someone tell me how to get the log

I've already provided this info.  Read the post linked in my sig block for helpful info, including locations and names of the log file for your system (OS and KSP version dependent) or reread the reply I gave you up-thread by a few posts.  I might be misinterpreting what you're asking for, though.  What exactly are you not understanding?

The log is created every time you run KSP.  New one overwrites the old one.  Find it, copy it if you need to keep it, upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or similar, get a link to it, and put the link in your post using the icon at the top of your message that looks like a chain link (just to the left of the quote icon).  Do not post the file contents here directly.

Edited by Brigadier
Added prohibition on posting raw file contents.

On 6/21/2020 at 10:00 AM, Brigadier said:

I've already provided this info.  Read the post linked in my sig block for helpful info, including locations and names of the log file for your system (OS and KSP version dependent) or reread the reply I gave you up-thread by a few posts.  I might be misinterpreting what you're asking for, though.  What exactly are you not understanding?

The log is created every time you run KSP.  New one overwrites the old one.  Find it, copy it if you need to keep it, upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or similar, get a link to it, and put the link in your post using the icon at the top of your message that looks like a chain link (just to the left of the quote icon).  Do not post the file contents here directly.

ok, its just that whenever i type the file location into my search by nothing shows up

so im just a bit confused, thats all

wait

i fixed the issue for real this time

no i didnt, this game keeps faking me out!

Edited by Not a Spy

Yo! I've got a quick question for you- How much of an impact does caustics have on game performance? Is there a difference when you are flying near water vs if you are underwater?

Edited by Avera9eJoe