[WIP] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.0 - Head Over to Add-On Release

cxg2827

I used jiggle a bit too loosely. Sometimes you need to have it rotate back and forth about 10° in both directions. It should then hard dock when the ports align at the specified increments.

Still doesn't work, then just spin the craft continuously in a single direction when the soft docking magnetism kicks in.

Also, if it is giving you grief, you can always go into the docking port CFGs and remove the following lines in Bold:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDockingNode
        referenceAttachNode = top
        nodeType = IACBM_125
        gendered = true
        genderFemale = false
        acquireTorque = 0.5
        acquireForce = 0.5
        captureMinRollDot = 0.99999
        snapRotation = true
        snapOffset = 90

}

Thanks! I'll try that, I'm loving the parts, great detail on the models and textures, great work! do you plan to add a larger node like Harmony/Tranquility? It would look great on an ISS replica.

Cheers!

Edited by _Krieger_

Glad you are enjoying the pack :)

Regarding Harmony/Tranquility, yes, those are kind of called out in the first post. But a more detailed road map is currently in the works and I'll be adding it to the first post sometime this week.

Ok, I got a roadmap started, with the short-term shown in better detail currently (Google Docs Link)

So I've been thinking about the solar panels, And I think there are 2 ways to go about them:

1. Single-Axis Tracking
Dual axis will have issues of clipping the radiators bases on the spacing of the components.

Station modules really dont use much power in the current state of the game. The solar arrays will definitely be overkill for stock, so there might not be much loss in only having tracking in one axis. electrical usage isnt persistent when the vessel isnt active either, so there is no issues with power loss when crafts are on-rails.

Alpha rotary joints can be docking ports, and if you feel like giving the panels a different angle, just un-dock the truss sections and re-dock (the rotary joints/docking ports will have locking offsets of 30 degrees). With the possibility of IR, you wouldn't need to un-dock, and just rotate with a button click.

2. All-In-One Truss Segments
P6 truss, solar array, and radiator are a single part and rotate together. same goes with P4/5 and its associated solar array and radiator. not sure of something like that is possible, having both a 2-axis solar panel as well as a single axis radiator. only parts that wouldn't rotate are the docking ports joining them together and the one attachment to the P1 truss.

Back to recent progress, looks like I might have something for you all this weekend. Kibo interior will be a bit spartan for the time being, as IVAs/Props are pretty time-consuming (all work and no play, etc...) and the trusses will be my "break" from them for a while. Though I might squeeze in a prop or 2 here or there during the next phase of this mod just to liven up some of the IVAs.

gylNmmc.png?1

Edited by cxg2827
typo

5 minutes ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Any chance you might squeeze in an active APAS part

I sure am. Take a peek at the road map document linked 2 posts up (and in the first post). It's coming up pretty soon :).

ive just noticed the part descriptions dont match the capacities. for example, the [2M Sleep Hab V6-1] modules describe "Living space contains (6) bunks..." but have actual crew capacity of 3.

The reason I dont have them set to max capacity is assuming that the crew are following some watch schedule, so they are split up into shifts.

Though it was requested by one or 2 people to changing that so the bunks can be maxed out, or possibly provide alternate files so people can decide if thy want that feature or not.

1 hour ago, cxg2827 said:

I have allocated space on the laptop texture to have 3 variations for what is displayed on the screens.

Anything specific anyone would like to see?

hMtsmL2.png

maxresdefault.jpg

This is what it should be.

Edited by sp1989

New version out on Spacedock.

Texture for the laptop came out a bit funky after converting to DDS (noticeable when you zoom into it), but I'll deal with that for the next release.

Change Log:

v0.16
-Minor Station Hatch Prop texture update.
-Station handle props changed to slightly darker blue.
Updated various Module names and descriptions (not craft breaking).
-Updated majority of prop names and texture names (not craft breaking).
-Added search tags for all parts.
-Added Joint Experiments Module (JEM) IVA.
-Station Laptop Prop (3 variants with different screens).
-Delete CxAerospace folder prior to dropping in this version.

What are people's expectations with the active docking port? Trying to figure out the best way to model this.

My thought is that it should have a similar profile as the clamp-o-tron. Right now I have the base of the active APAS having the same diameter as the clamp-o-tron. By itself, it looks a bit squatty, but when attached to parts it looks OK.

And the other question: what color? Black, Off-White (mk1-2), or Gray?

Edited by cxg2827
Typo

2 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

What are people's expectations with the active docking port? Trying to figure out the bast way to model this.

My thought is that it should have a similar profile as the clamp-o-tron. Right now I have the base of the active APAS having the same diameter as the clamp-o-tron. By itself, it looks a bit squatty, but when attached to parts it looks OK.

And the other question: what color? Black, Off-White (mk1-2), or Gray?

You should make a version with an integrated parachute, and leave it the 0.9375m profile! Maybe take the little... four side bolt... things... off that ruins the profile.

9 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

You should make a version with an integrated parachute, and leave it the 0.9375m profile! Maybe take the little... four side bolt... things... off that ruins the profile.

Yup, I got the parachute version covered already in the roadmap. I'll add a note to remove those greebles.

I like this mod, but i AM having problems with docking stock ports. In a mission i have to take back an astronault with her scrap ( a part of cx) i normaly attach docking ports whith KAS for this type of mission to can use warptime whithout loose the scrap ship. After attach port in cx vessel i begin docking moviment and on momento of plug the game loose ships and the game become freeze. You know any incompatibility between kis/kas, stock ports and cx?Thanks.s

1 minute ago, Leandro Basi said:

I like this mod, but i AM having problems with docking stock ports. In a mission i have to take back an astronault with her scrap ( a part of cx) i normaly attach docking ports whith KAS for this type of mission to can use warptime whithout loose the scrap ship. After attach port in cx vessel i begin docking moviment and on momento of plug the game loose ships and the game become freeze. You know any incompatibility between kis/kas, stock ports and cx?Thanks.s

I believe that is the same bug that @hraban was talking about in his thread.