"KSP Widow"

Poynting

"KSP Widow" is the new nickname my girlfriend has settled on for herself. I feel bad for her but I can't... resist... the... HYPE!! Thankfully she is a bit of a geek too so she understands. But still shes going to deserve a big treat.

How is everyone else managing to sooth their other half? Or just with the other things in life?

I'm sure this doesn't apply to you as long as your girlfriend is taking it in good humor, but game compulsion is a thing. People have lost their jobs and family over the likes of World of Warcraft so it's important to stay balanced.

As for me? My wife is a gamer too. We have a standing agreement to give each other a day or two of space when a new release hits if the other isn't into that particular game. :D The day will go something like this:

Her: "Honey, Arkham City released today!"

Me: "Oh. Do I have no wife today?"

Her: "Yup! Pretty much!"

Ummm...sorry guys but I don't love Kerbals that much. The girlfriend takes top priority, but luckily she is a gamer too and understands the time spent :) But I'll never turn her down for little green men (and now women!) :D

My wife does note how much time I spend playing, but generally gives me a little slack when I point out it's pretty much my entire personal entertainment committment--the equivalent of her novels and crossword puzzles all rolled together.

The kids are not helping matters today though, as they are bouncing around the house yelling "Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype!" and asking when the V1 download is going to start. I never should have shown them that video...

What DOES help is that my daughter is much more interested in playing the game now that Valentina is on board :)

My wife does note how much time I spend playing, but generally gives me a little slack when I point out it's pretty much my entire personal entertainment committment--the equivalent of her novels and crossword puzzles all rolled together.

The kids are not helping matters today though, as they are bouncing around the house yelling "Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype!" and asking when the V1 download is going to start. I never should have shown them that video...

What DOES help is that my daughter is much more interested in playing the game now that Valentina is on board :)

Try editing the save and naming a kerbal after her. Mine flipped when I did it and used texture replacer to put in female kerbals.

Try editing the save and naming a kerbal after her. Mine flipped when I did it and used texture replacer to put in female kerbals.

Or you can edit your mother-in-law and send her to Eeloo! \o/

As long as I grab groceries for dinner and run the laundry, I get free roam to geek out on KSP today. She's listened to me talk about it for the past week or so even more than I normally do.

I'll manage to get her to build a rocket or a plane one day though, she's a science major and her dad is an engineer and I really know she'd love this.

Long story short, she's more than okay with my KSP time :)

I'm sure this doesn't apply to you as long as your girlfriend is taking it in good humor, but game compulsion is a thing. People have lost their jobs and family over the likes of World of Warcraft so it's important to stay balanced.

As for me? My wife is a gamer too. We have a standing agreement to give each other a day or two of space when a new release hits if the other isn't into that particular game. :D The day will go something like this:

Her: "Honey, Arkham City released today!"

Me: "Oh. Do I have no wife today?"

Her: "Yup! Pretty much!"

Thankfully she does mean it in good humour but yes balance is extremely important and game compulsion is very scary. Setting out when you are going to play and having a finish time stop me going over the top.

I work in the space industry, so I guess i'm lucky the two don't conflict as much as they could!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.