Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've found myself strapping a LOT of Fertilizer Mini-Packs on the side of some ships. For the sake of better ship designs and lower part counts, I put together some stack tanks. I think someone else posted a few pages back asking for some, so I figured I'd put them up and make them available to everyone else. They're a copy of RoverDude's Supply tanks that come with USI-LS. I just changed his texture file to make them look distinct. So before I say anything else, is it okay for me to post them given these parts are 99% his work? Not familiar with how all of that works...

I made one for each of the three stack Supply tanks that come with the mod. They hold the same amount of Fertilizer as they held Supplies, but I removed the extra Mulch storage space. Otherwise the only difference is how they look.

Link: https://github.com/jofwu/USIFertilizerTanks/files/159179/USIFertilizerTanks_1.1.zip

Picture beside the USI-LS tanks:

screenshot.png

Edited by jofwu
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jofwu said:

I've found myself strapping a LOT of Fertilizer Mini-Packs on the side of some ships. For the sake of better ship designs and lower part counts, I put together some stack tanks. I think someone else posted a few pages back asking for some, so I figured I'd put them up and make them available to everyone else. They're a copy of RoverDude's Supply tanks that come with USI-LS. I just changed his texture file to make them look distinct. So before I say anything else, is it okay for me to post them given these parts are 99% his work? Not familiar with how all of that works...

I made one for each of the three stack Supply tanks that come with the mod. They hold the same amount of Fertilizer as they held Supplies, but I removed the extra Mulch storage space. Otherwise the only difference is how they look.

Link: https://github.com/jofwu/USIFertilizerTanks/files/157805/USIFertilizerTanks_1.1.zip

Picture beside the USI-LS tanks:

uzd2kK.pngscreenshot.png

OooooKay, but fertilizer is not consumed very fast. Hard to imagine needing that much of it. I used one of those Mk V supply packs and it seemed like plenty of fertilizer for a base, at least until I could make my own on site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

OooooKay, but fertilizer is not consumed very fast. Hard to imagine needing that much of it. I used one of those Mk V supply packs and it seemed like plenty of fertilizer for a base, at least until I could make my own on site.

Maybe I should have clarified... I don't use MKS or anything else from USI. When you can't set up a permanent base like that, bringing loads of Fertilizer is the only option for a long mission.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jofwu said:

Maybe I should have clarified... I don't use MKS or anything else from USI. When you can't set up a permanent base like that, bringing loads of Fertilizer is the only option for a long mission.

Yeah, I suppose. I tried for a very short time to use the life support mod without the MKS mod and decided that it wasn't really balanced right for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jofwu said:

I've found myself strapping a LOT of Fertilizer Mini-Packs on the side of some ships. For the sake of better ship designs and lower part counts, I put together some stack tanks. I think someone else posted a few pages back asking for some, so I figured I'd put them up and make them available to everyone else. They're a copy of RoverDude's Supply tanks that come with USI-LS. I just changed his texture file to make them look distinct.

Wow, thanks a lot for your work!! I will definitely use them.

 

11 hours ago, jofwu said:

So before I say anything else, is it okay for me to post them given these parts are 99% his work? Not familiar with how all of that works...

Since RoverDudes mods are licensed as CC-Share-Alike, it should be ok. However, you should redistribute the license (in this case it has to be the same) along with the part pack.

What would be best is if your pars became part of USI-LS itself! You could create a pull request (against DEVELOP) on the repo. If you don't know how to do that, at the least you should create an issue here: https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/issues and provide a link to your download.

 

11 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

OooooKay, but fertilizer is not consumed very fast. Hard to imagine needing that much of it. I used one of those Mk V supply packs and it seemed like plenty of fertilizer for a base, at least until I could make my own on site.

"Not very fast" is relative. Try building an interplanetary ship that goes out to Jool or Eloo and back, with a crew of a few kerbals, let's say 5. That does take quite a bit of fertilizer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

Yeah, I suppose. I tried for a very short time to use the life support mod without the MKS mod and decided that it wasn't really balanced right for that.

Help me understand why, please

13 hours ago, jofwu said:

I've found myself strapping a LOT of Fertilizer Mini-Packs on the side of some ships. For the sake of better ship designs and lower part counts, I put together some stack tanks. I think someone else posted a few pages back asking for some, so I figured I'd put them up and make them available to everyone else. They're a copy of RoverDude's Supply tanks that come with USI-LS. I just changed his texture file to make them look distinct. So before I say anything else, is it okay for me to post them given these parts are 99% his work? Not familiar with how all of that works...

I made one for each of the three stack Supply tanks that come with the mod. They hold the same amount of Fertilizer as they held Supplies, but I removed the extra Mulch storage space. Otherwise the only difference is how they look.

Link: https://github.com/jofwu/USIFertilizerTanks/files/157805/USIFertilizerTanks_1.1.zip

Picture beside the USI-LS tanks:

screenshot.png

Pretty!  Actually, I'll one-up ya and just add analogues to these into the mod with some tweaked iconography :)

 

13 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

OooooKay, but fertilizer is not consumed very fast. Hard to imagine needing that much of it. I used one of those Mk V supply packs and it seemed like plenty of fertilizer for a base, at least until I could make my own on site.

Not all folks use MKS or MKS-Lite tho :)  And tbh forgot that I should have added big tanks like this with the more recent changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for inline fertilizer tanks, I just launched a big Duna voyage where I needed ~3000 fertilizer and ended up using the big square 1250 unit packs from (I think) USI-Freight plus a couple extra 100-unit packs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Pretty!  Actually, I'll one-up ya and just add analogues to these into the mod with some tweaked iconography :)

That sounds ideal! Thanks for all your work.

In other news, I'm a bit confused how Homesickness and Habitation work together. I'm pretty sure I see how Habitation is calculated. Sounds like Habitation is attached to a particular ship and decreases by the amount of time Kerbals spend on it. When it hits zero the ship is permanently uninhabitable. Meanwhile, Homesickness is attached to each Kerbal. Is this what "MaxOffKerbinTime" is in the safe file? How is it calculated? Sounds like it can go up or down depending on what ship they're in?

Edit: Oh, and why does Settings.cfg say HabMultiplier is 1 by default? Pretty sure it's supposed to be 5 by default.

Edited by jofwu
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another Question about the homesick time. The Kerbs in my station have 105y. They were there before v0.3.13. 

Roverdude said it depends on the best hab these ever had. So I just a new guy up there in a simple rocket and got him in the station. He has just 285d home. 

Did something change in the new patch ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Kill_off said:

I have another Question about the homesick time. The Kerbs in my station have 105y. They were there before v0.3.13. 

Roverdude said it depends on the best hab these ever had. So I just a new guy up there in a simple rocket and got him in the station. He has just 285d home. 

Did something change in the new patch ?

make sure you have the latest update. if not you need to delete the LifeSupportScenario bit in your save file.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, merlinux said:

make sure you have the latest update. if not you need to delete the LifeSupportScenario bit in your save file.

Yes I have the latest update, that's why I have this question. Same Craft, but different amounts of homesick time. The guys before the update got 105y and the guy I sent there after update 0.3.15 only has 285d.

Is the home time calculated different now or is it just an issue because before 0.3.13 home time wasn't displayed ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kill_off said:

Yes I have the latest update, that's why I have this question. Same Craft, but different amounts of homesick time. The guys before the update got 105y and the guy I sent there after update 0.3.15 only has 285d.

Is the home time calculated different now or is it just an issue because before 0.3.13 home time wasn't displayed ? 

@Kill_off

check the previous page and a post that Kowgan replied to me. It is a glitch. You need to delete LifeSupportScenario section in your persistent file. For sure after backing it up

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

I am pleased folks are getting the reference :D

Also - how is the stability/etc. working out for everyone?

So far really great. All kinds of vessel switching, docking, EVA, ... and no overly hungry Kerbals so far. Recyclers work too.

Minor hiccup is that crafts launched under old versions now have a home time of 105y, but that's not a big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

I am pleased folks are getting the reference :D

Also - how is the stability/etc. working out for everyone?

Yep, love the new fertilizer tagline :P

The newest update has fixed all of my previous issues with weird consumption rates.  I've transferred Kerbals to different parts of my bases, added new parts to those bases, added more Kerbals to bases, and even did some docking over Duna... everything looks to be operating correctly so far!  And I also have the similar issue as Kobymaru, where my base that was created during the previous version of USI-LS now has a home time of 94y.  More of a perk than a problem for me right now though... makes it a lot easier to test stuff out on Duna when my resident Mark Watney has no real interest in ever going home :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I am pleased folks are getting the reference :D

Also - how is the stability/etc. working out for everyone?

I'm still seeing a supply timer reset when 2 unsupplied vessels undock.  Its always the crew of the unfocused vessel.  

While I was testing that, I thought of a minor exploit.  It's probably not worth added complexity to deal with, but I'll throw it out there.  Since docking recalculates and resets the short term habitation timers for the entire crew of both vessels, one could do something to get a large long term timer and then use docking to reset the short term timer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I am pleased folks are getting the reference :D

Also - how is the stability/etc. working out for everyone?

Funny you should ask!

I've been encountering a couple of problems with some lag in the VAB when using Life Support enabled parts, it turns out it's the logfile being spammed with the following error. 

ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object IN ModuleLifeSupport

I have a copy of the output log if you need it (although it's pretty much the same repeated many thousand times), I'll log it as an issue on github as well. To reproduce, just start a new craft and add a Mk1-2 command pod and watch the debug screen while you do. 

Edited by Kielm
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...