[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

10 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Both valid points.  Pretty much the only things running off nuclear reactors these days are too big to launch into space.

Would you be adding any parts for this?  It has been forever but IIRC the really old original interstellar mod had some shielding parts that you could use specifically to put in between radioactive parts and crew parts to help with shielding.  I seem to even remember you could get higher dosages of radiation when on eva and moving past the "shield".  It was a very old Scott Manley series however and maybe it was just him roleplaying that aspect.

If needed, sure.  As I recall KSPI measured it but never did anything with it.  And it's relatively easy to calculate this stuff.

Been bumming around USI threads and release pages and haven't had any luck with this one.

Has one of the other many USI fans made a MKS/OKS flow chart for the LS add on... and the EPL while I am thinking of it, but mainly LS.

Thanx ahead of time

Alacrity

1 hour ago, alacrity said:

Been bumming around USI threads and release pages and haven't had any luck with this one.

Has one of the other many USI fans made a MKS/OKS flow chart for the LS add on... and the EPL while I am thinking of it, but mainly LS.

Thanx ahead of time

Alacrity

If you look at the UKS wiki on github a LOT have been updated recently. Your flowchart for USI LS is in there.EPL info is not up to date though (unless it did change since I last looked)

I'm having an issue with this mod. It appears that even if I have zero supplies, Kerbonouts do not feel any effects at all. My settings are as follows:

LIFE_SUPPORT_SETTINGS
{
    SupplyTime = 324000            //How many seconds before Kerbals are affected by no supplies
    EVATime = 21600                //How many seconds before ill effects on EVA
    ECAmount = 0.01                //EC per Kerbal per second                        
    SupplyAmount = 0.00075        //Supplies consumed per Kerbal per second
    WasteAmount = 0.00075        //Mulch produced per Kerbal per second
    NoSupplyEffect = 1            //Effect if a Kerbal has no supplies or EC
    NoSupplyEffectVets = 1        //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and has no supplies or EC
    EVAEffect = 1                //Effect if a Kerbal exceeds EVA time        
    EVAEffectVets = 1            //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and exceeds EVA time
    NoHomeEffect = 0            //Effect if a Kerbal becomes homesick
    NoHomeEffectVets = 0        //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and becomes homesick
    HabMultiplier = 5            //Bonus to hab values (1 = default = 100% of the part's rated value)
    HomeWorldAltitude = 25000    //Altitude on Kerbin that negative effects are removed
    BaseHabTime = 1                //How long can 1 crew capacity support 1 Kerbal, expressed in Kerbal Months
    ReplacementPartAmount = 0    //How fast life support equipment and habs 'wears out'
    HabRange = 150                //How close we need to be to use other vessel's habitation modules and recyclers.
    EnableRecyclers = true        //Use resource recyclers?  Not the same as resource converteres like greenhouses!
    VetNames = //Jebediah,Valentina,Bill,Bob    
}

//  SIDE EFFECTS:
// 
//  0 = No Effect (The feature is effectively turned off
//  1 = Grouchy (they become a Tourist until rescued)
//  2 = Mutinous (A tourist, but destroys a part of a nearby vessel...)
//  3 = Instantly 'wander' back to the KSC - don't ask us how!
//  4 = M.I.A. (will eventually respawn)
//  5 = K.I.A. 

Life Support Status windows shows "indefinite" in most fields. I'm flying with vets, but as you can see from my settings, I enabled it so that vets should get ill effects too.

Am I doing something wrong?

16 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

I'm having an issue with this mod. It appears that even if I have zero supplies, Kerbonouts do not feel any effects at all. My settings are as follows:

Life Support Status windows shows "indefinite" in most fields. I'm flying with vets, but as you can see from my settings, I enabled it so that vets should get ill effects too.

Am I doing something wrong?

It is very important, especially now with the 1.1 pre release out that you include as much relevant information as possible. Especially mod and ksp versions currently running etc. the latest 1.1 patch broke many mods. Possibly this one as well. 

39 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

It is very important, especially now with the 1.1 pre release out that you include as much relevant information as possible. Especially mod and ksp versions currently running etc. the latest 1.1 patch broke many mods. Possibly this one as well. 

My mistake. I simply didn't wait for 15 days. After that, the effects kicked in.

Is there a way to disable that 15 day timer, so that Kerbals consume supplies right after launch? Also, make them die if they run out of supplies? I'm trying to make it a little more hardcore :D

NoSupplyEffect = 1            //Effect if a Kerbal has no supplies or EC
    NoSupplyEffectVets = 1        //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and has no supplies or EC

Change that from 1 to 5. I believe that is what you're after aluc24.

Hi there. I downloaded USI LS and USI KS yesterday. I have not messed around with the config files at all.

I've built a lunar space station with KS parts, and brought along plenty supplies. There are currently 4 Kerbals aboard (3 vets and 1 regular) and yet none of them will eat. They have been out there for 17 days now.

I was thinking that I might have installed it wrong, considering I don't even get up any LS button to watch their status on. Is there anything I have to do, other than drop it in gamedata?

I am running the latest steam version of KSP and I am on a 64 bit system.

5 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

Alright so this may be a silly question but what does the habitation thing mean? Right now when I pull up the Life Support Status tab in the VAB it just says indefinite.

Now Jewel, I know you have been around long enough to know better...look up about 8 posts above yours.:D

1 hour ago, Keezdoodles said:

1.0.5 64 bit

And mod version?  Hint, the lastest mod version is for 1.1 which is not backwards compatible with 1.0.5.  

PSA -  Reminder for everyone, when asking for support please try to be as complete as possible when giving information about your environment.  It really does help to save time.

Edited by goldenpsp

2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Now Jewel, I know you have been around long enough to know better...look up about 8 posts above yours.:D

One, cut out the condescending tone. Two, he only said that it was turned off by default NOT how to turn it on.

Edited by JewelShisen

29 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

One, cut out the condescending tone. Two, he only said that it was turned off by default NOT how to turn it on.

Oh Jewel,  The :D was supposed to indicate an attempt to be light hearted.  Maybe I should have added more?  Plus you made no mention of asking how to turn it on in your post, only what it meant, which was answered above.:D:D:D

21 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

And mod version?  Hint, the lastest mod version is for 1.1 which is not backwards compatible with 1.0.5.  

PSA -  Reminder for everyone, when asking for support please try to be as complete as possible when giving information about your environment.  It really does help to save time.

Oh now I feel stupid. Yeah sorry for the incomplete report on versions etc. My first time posting here :sealed:

Anyway I thought steam version was always latest version, seems I was wrong in that. I downloaded USI-LS 0.3.15.0 and now it works! Thanks a lot you guys. I'll try to do better work when posting a question here next time!

Edited by Keezdoodles
Please delete this double post - mod

39 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

How do you turn on the habitation?

These lines:

NoHomeEffect = 0            //Effect if a Kerbal becomes homesick
    NoHomeEffectVets = 0        //Effect if a Kerbal is a vet and becomes homesick

using these options:

//  SIDE EFFECTS:
// 
//  0 = No Effect (The feature is effectively turned off
//  1 = Grouchy (they become a Tourist until rescued)
//  2 = Mutinous (A tourist, but destroys a part of a nearby vessel...)
//  3 = Instantly 'wander' back to the KSC - don't ask us how!
//  4 = M.I.A. (will eventually respawn)
//  5 = K.I.A. 

I know this was posted at the end of March for version 1.1 of USI Life Support, but I've recreated the issue (#105) because I noticed there was log spam in the debug console, weather a ship or root part has a life support module or not. First noticed this when I kept crashing with a heavy modded save.. whether it was the cause or not, I am not sure but I created a brand new fresh install (deleting the entire KSP directory) and used CKAN to download only USI and Roverdude mods like Community Resources with their dependencies.

ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object IN ModuleLifeSupport

Edited by CraveMode

20 minutes ago, CraveMode said:

I know this was posted at the end of March for version 1.1 of USI Life Support, but I've recreated the issue (#105) because I noticed there was log spam in the debug console, weather a ship or root part has a life support module or not. First noticed this when I kept crashing with a heavy modded save.. whether it was the cause or not, I am not sure but I created a brand new fresh install (deleting the entire KSP directory) and used CKAN to download only USI and Roverdude mods like Community Resources with their dependencies.

ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object IN ModuleLifeSupport

Well for one thing I have been seeing more and more mod authors warning people to not use CKAN due to failure to properly install the mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.