[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Hello,

i've been playing KSP since 0.12 but always on bad notebooks, so mosty unmodded games.

Got myself a new computer some weeks ago and wanted to go back to KSP now it was hitting 1.0.

This time with some nice mods.

Got everything to work but USI LS.

Even on clean installs with just LS or LS and OKS/MKS LS don't seem to work.

The LS Status Panel is just empty and in the resources panel theres (0) for used supplies.

I tried it in sandbox and carrer. Tried it to instal via CKAN and manuel.

What i'm doing wrong?

Also I don't find OKS/MKS via CKAN.

Thx for help in advance

Hello,

i've been playing KSP since 0.12 but always on bad notebooks, so mosty unmodded games.

Got myself a new computer some weeks ago and wanted to go back to KSP now it was hitting 1.0.

This time with some nice mods.

Got everything to work but USI LS.

Even on clean installs with just LS or LS and OKS/MKS LS don't seem to work.

The LS Status Panel is just empty and in the resources panel theres (0) for used supplies.

I tried it in sandbox and carrer. Tried it to instal via CKAN and manuel.

What i'm doing wrong?

Also I don't find OKS/MKS via CKAN.

Thx for help in advance

do you have module manager mod installed as well? This is the first thing I would check

on.

another poster (maybe in other thread) said ckan has mks on it. But ckan stuff is handled by ckan people. Roverdude adds version info to his mods so avc works. But ckan listing and implementation is handled by them.

Edited by Hevak

@badner: CKAN has the USI-LS mod and it works from there. But your going to have to install MKS manually when I checked last night. Firesplitter is still not updated (though it works for what USI Mods use it for) so CKAN has all the mods that rely on it temporarily disabled because everyone was complaining to them about it.

As to your issue. What other mods do you have installed and are any of them other life support mods (ECLSS, TAC LS, etc)? You might want to try just installing a few of the mods starting with USI and seeing which one is causing the break.

Posted this earlier in the thread, but here it is again. :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100018891/UmbraSpaceIndustryAdjustments/AddSuppliesToCrewedParts.cfg

Adds 15 days worth of supplies per crew slot to command modules and 30 days per crew slot to non-command crewed parts. Adjust to taste by opening with notepad or your equivalent text editor of choice.

Awesome. Does this also grant the pods a small mulch tank and if not how do you accomplish that?

@badner: CKAN has the USI-LS mod and it works from there. But your going to have to install MKS manually when I checked last night. Firesplitter is still not updated (though it works for what USI Mods use it for) so CKAN has all the mods that rely on it temporarily disabled because everyone was complaining to them about it.

As to your issue. What other mods do you have installed and are any of them other life support mods (ECLSS, TAC LS, etc)? You might want to try just installing a few of the mods starting with USI and seeing which one is causing the break.

Thx for the quick reply.

I was trying it first with some part mods ( I think just stockalike Station Parts), OKS/MKS, VOID and in flight waypoints and wanted to add KAS later on.

When I saw in my career on my first orbital flight over kerbin, that USI LS is not working, I used a new clean instal with just LS.

Didn't work neither. Than I tried it with LS and OKS/MKS which also didn't work. I never play KSP from my steamapps/common but always copy the game somewhere else.

So my last try was redownloading KSP over Steam and starting it from there with LS, which didn't had any effect :(

---

okay found something.

If I send a Kerbal on EVA I can see on the LS Status Panel what he's using.

I can also see what the Kerbals on EVA use when I switch back to the ship.

But I don't see what the ship and the Kerbals inside of the ship use.

Just what the ones on EVA use, even if im controlling the ship

Roverdude, were you planning on eventually having a USILS tab in the KSC view (or tracking?) Might be useful for loads of missions in flight.

There should be an icon on the stock toolbar already (little green squareish thing i think) click it and it will show the Life support status of all currently in progress missions.

Right now that's just in the flight scene - I'll pretty it up as I have time ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thx for the quick reply.

I was trying it first with some part mods ( I think just stockalike Station Parts), OKS/MKS, VOID and in flight waypoints and wanted to add KAS later on.

When I saw in my career on my first orbital flight over kerbin, that USI LS is not working, I used a new clean instal with just LS.

Didn't work neither. Than I tried it with LS and OKS/MKS which also didn't work. I never play KSP from my steamapps/common but always copy the game somewhere else.

So my last try was redownloading KSP over Steam and starting it from there with LS, which didn't had any effect :(

---

okay found something.

If I send a Kerbal on EVA I can see on the LS Status Panel what he's using.

I can also see what the Kerbals on EVA use when I switch back to the ship.

But I don't see what the ship and the Kerbals inside of the ship use.

Just what the ones on EVA use, even if im controlling the ship

Did you install module manager?

Right now that's just in the flight scene - I'll pretty it up as I have time ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Did you install module manager?

We got a bingo :)

thank you very much dude. I was putting the modulemanager.ddl in the gamedata folder and it worked just fine.

Never heard of it before, what does this module manager do exactly?

cheers,

badner (which is looking forward for his first colonie in career but can't decide where :) )

Feedback/Suggestion:

I think it's a lot more intuitive for the players to have 15 days of supplies per seat built into the crew cabins and command pods, and set their starve time to zero. No real gameplay difference that I can detect but it will provide a much smoother transition to interplanetary flight, and it will simplify the states of the Kerbals. Right now they can be supplied, hungry, or on strike. Changing it as suggested, they would either be supplied or on strike. But the times would be the same.

Edit: Well, I guess this makes sense for food but not electricity. That's unfortunate.

Edited by MacroNova

We got a bingo :)

thank you very much dude. I was putting the modulemanager.ddl in the gamedata folder and it worked just fine.

Never heard of it before, what does this module manager do exactly?

cheers,

badner (which is looking forward for his first colonie in career but can't decide where :) )

Good gracious man :P:confused:

Its a very useful tool that allows for patch style using logic, to set configurations in pretty much anything in the game, we don't have to overwrite original files this way, and are able with mod conflicts.

Feedback/Suggestion:

I think it's a lot more intuitive for the players to have 15 days of supplies per seat built into the crew cabins and command pods, and set their starve time to zero. No real gameplay difference that I can detect but it will provide a much smoother transition to interplanetary flight, and it will simplify the states of the Kerbals. Right now they can be supplied, hungry, or on strike. Changing it as suggested, they would either be supplied or on strike. But the times would be the same.

Edit: Well, I guess this makes sense for food but not electricity. That's unfortunate.

Agreed on this. I would aslo like to see them consuming eletricity, just cus....

I actually like TACLS, my only tussle with it is having several resources filling up the resource panel when actually I'm going to use them all in the same proportions, so only one life support resource to keep thing simple. But also a little power consumption per kerbal to account for light usage, refrigeration and what nots.

By the way, I don't if it already exists but nice icon for the alternate resource panel would be nice.

To do the immediate on strike and adding resources to crewed modules is relatively easy. A smaller life support bag is on my to-do list.

One thing I'm curious about, what is the unit of resource consumption rate? 1 unit of life support to for 1 kerbal for 1 day, would be ideal.

Feedback/Suggestion:

The reason I am not adding stuff directly to the pod is because it is, IMO, unnecessary clutter. This is a design choice.

Oh.. and 0.1.1 is up!

* Added a new 100-liter radial NOMS tank

* Vets (Jeb/Val/Bill/Bob) should now be immune to supply deprivation

* Rescue Kerbals should not die nearly as instantly...

* Added a mini greenhouse

NOTE: YOU NEED TO CLEAR OUT YOUR OLD LifeSupport folder first!

And argh... I forgot to change the DLL name... will do that next go :P

- - - Updated - - -

And they do in fact consume electricity btw ;)

I have very evil idea about interaction with mod Connected Living Space if it's installed. Should be fully optional and maybe even disabled by default.

Thing is: to make kerbals use only supplies they can access directly or through connected living space or from parts attached to living space but not further.

This could and will impact crewed ship designs dramatically - no more "slap supply container anywhere and be set" as parts accessibility should be considered or whole expedition may die from starvation while having full yearly supply next door inaccessible due to poor engineering.

I like this. At the very least, the larger NOMS containers should be marked as CLS-traversable. If all else fails, kerbals should be able to eat their way through. Or, well, clear a path through by bungee-cording bags of Supplies to every unused surface elsewhere in the craft; if you've watched any of the videos shot on board the ISS, you'll understand.

Is it possible to be able to resize the mini greenhouse to be more mini? As it stands it doesn't fit in even the 2.5m service module without poking out the top and I personally would like to able to squeeze 2-4 greenhouses inside a service module. Much as i like silent running and adore the look of the greenhouses they're a tad too cumbersome for what is essentially a small recycler.

They need to be (for me) able to be tucked away within a service module alongside the electronics and other bits of kit, having them stuck on the side or atop the CM makes for very difficult and ugly builds.

Excellent work thus far though dude, you manage being pulled in a dozen different directions well!

Edit, getting by at the moment using this in the config for the part.

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = free

Now time for sleep, tomorrow we build a station :D

Edited by Galactic Hitchiker

If that greenhouse needs sunlight (like solar panels do) I will be so happy.

If not, I'll still be pretty happy and may even try to figure out how to do it myself.

While cool, that would most definitely overcomplicate what is, at it's core, a very simple mod :)

Is it possible to be able to resize the mini greenhouse to be more mini? As it stands it doesn't fit in even the 2.5m service module without poking out the top and I personally would like to able to squeeze 2-4 greenhouses inside a service module. Much as i like silent running and adore the look of the greenhouses they're a tad too cumbersome for what is essentially a small recycler.

They need to be (for me) able to be tucked away within a service module alongside the electronics and other bits of kit, having them stuck on the side or atop the CM makes for very difficult and ugly builds.

Excellent work thus far though dude, you manage being pulled in a dozen different directions well!

You are free to edit configs how you like, but tbh they are already a bit on the small side, and are meant to be a bit cumbersome ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.