[1.3] The Plugin Workshop - Small plugins of varied function

Crzyrndm

Which resources and how much to use are specified like any other RCS thruster. The only difference is that thrusterPower is hijacked to be the % to discharge per second instead of a force rating so that resource usage varies nicely with the RW torque (and ofcourse, the lack of any actual thrust ;))

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/RW-Saturatable/blob/master/GameData/RW%20Saturatable/RW.cfg#L23

Edited by Crzyrndm

Which resources and how much to use are specified like any other RCS thruster. The only difference is that thrusterPower is hijacked to be the % to discharge per second instead of a force rating so that resource usage varies nicely with the RW torque (and ofcourse, the lack of any actual thrust ;))

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/RW-Saturatable/blob/master/GameData/RW%20Saturatable/RW.cfg#L23

So you shouldn't gain any momentum back without both propellants then correct? I was gaining torque back with just EC. May have spoke too soon still testing.

Edited by Svm420

So you shouldn't gain any momentum back without both propellants then correct? I was gaining torque back with just EC. May have spoke too soon still testing.

If you can replicate that I would very much like to see the test case.

Was a mistake in my understanding. I thought the normal torque recovery was gone. I now see it is suppimental to that. I also had a probe core that didn't get the new module added so I wasn't seeing the new button to active the new module. Everything is working as intended. Thanks !

Was a mistake in my understanding. I thought the normal torque recovery was gone. I now see it is suppimental to that. I also had a probe core that didn't get the new module added so I wasn't seeing the new button to active the new module. Everything is working as intended. Thanks !

Yup, the option is there to have both together or each one individually (or neither if you really are feeling a bit odd...)

(Semi-)Saturatable Reaction Wheels v1.10.1

• Fix for momentum still being accumulated while using resource discharging (during which torque is zero)
  • Moved resource use MM patch to a separate file. Change the extension to .cfg to enable
  • Some false errors hidden from the log (KSP doesn't always like the disabled RCS thruster...)

Symmetric Flame-out v0.1a

Rewriting the resource intake flow from scratch to ensure all air-breathing engines of identical airflow requirement flame-out together

NOTE: This is an early release for the brave (or foolish :sticktongue:). It has its fair share of issues to be resolved

Features:

• No dependency on part placement order at all. 1 Intake will evenly feed multiple engines (although whether those engines can run is another matter entirely)
  • Engines requesting more of a resource get cut out of the distribution first
  • Engines with near identical (<1% difference) requested levels of intake air at the final throttle setting will all cutout together (note: it's currently based on the requested throttle so spooling doesn't have any impact. Fixed for next version)
  • Intakes have configurable efficiency by velocity and atmospheric density (above the normal linear reduction with density and increase with speed)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Symmetric Flameout v0.1 released

Stable version of the above pre-release plus

• UI window to display vessel supply and demand, opened from any air intake or engine that uses intake air
  • Matched base air intake rates up with stock
  • Altered stock intake performance based on speed, capabilities are listed below

Stock Intake performance

• Radial scoop drops off sharply only functioning at 40% efficiency by mach 1 and dropping all the way to 10% by mach 2
  • Circular intake is slightly better, maintaining 60% efficiency at mach 1 and reaching 10% at mach 3
  • Ram scoop and the engine nacelles only begin decreasing efficiency after mach 1, reaching 10% at mach 6
  • Shock cone and structural intakes are slightly better than the Ram scoop tier, with no decay in subsonic and reaching 10% at mach 8
  • All modded intakes have 100% performance in all regimes

NOTE: I'm very open to making alterations to the above, all the numbers are just picked out of thin air so suggest tweaks at will (just make sure to back it up with a reason)

Edited by Crzyrndm

All plugins appear to be working with KSP 1.0.3, Thermal Monitor will be updated for the new heating functionality

EDIT

Thermal Monitor updated to support skin heating

Edited by Crzyrndm

All plugins appear to be working with KSP 1.0.3, Thermal Monitor will be updated for the new heating functionality

EDIT

Thermal Monitor updated to support skin heating

Do you mind if I update CKAN to reflect this? This way all these (excedpt the thermal one) show up and are install-able by CKAN. CKAN now can check a range of ksp version so the author doesnt have to update every time. All I would be doing is adding a ksp_version_min and _max to the metadata. Min would be 1.0.0 right now, and max would be at least 1.0.4, whcih would cause CKAN to see it aws valid for 1.0 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and 1.0.4. They also accept future versions, so _max= 1.0.99 can be set if you want to roll the dice on future patches prior to 1.1.0 from Squad.

edit: looks like you got Thermal done too - I can update all of these for CKAN if you like.

Edited by Murdabenne

Urgh, I forgot about CKAN. Don't go editing the version info, its using the .version file that's part of each release at the moment which I can update remotely for everything EXCEPT CKAN >.<. Will be fixed shortly

EDIT

And apparently I forgot to update the remote files for 1.0.4 as well. 2 birds with one stone...

Edited by Crzyrndm

I dont modify the version - the guys at CKAN came up with a specific metadata item (x_netkan_override) that says, basically "if this is version X.Y.Z then ignore the ksp_version from the version file, and mark it as compatible with KSP versions from A.B.C thru A.B.G, inclusive"

It basically is a workaround for the bugfix releases so that authors dont have to do a rebuild or change their ksp_version info - it can be done in metadata instead, which in theory should save you from having extra work to keep CKAN updated. Thats the purpose behind the new metadata ksp_version_min and ksp_version_max.

Edited by Murdabenne

Well, that's somewhat better I guess. Still, I've already done what should be the necessary steps to get things showing up so no need to bother this time. If things are still not showing up in a few hours then feel free (just don't do SAS Reset)

OK, got it. I'll go into wait and see mode. I just wish the versioning issues weren't so tangled. I think the CKAN guys are becoming more aware of the work they can potentially create for authors, and are trying to change that.

Crazy Random, do you still support Analog Control mod? I like it very much, feeling unnatural flying without it. Have a request: could you make control pause configurable off the LMB click? It often messes up with GUI interaction. I'd like to have it bound to a configurable key.

Edited by Ser

Crazy Random, do you still support Analog Control mod?

It's still in the OP isn't it :P

I have some other ideas for improving the AC user interaction/interface so it'll probably see some deelopment time soon and I'll add configurable buttons to the list ;)

Is there a way to configure/setup the RWs to not gain any momentum back except when activating the resource consumption method? This would be closest to reality for me. Love this mod so much.

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/RW-Saturatable/blob/master/GameData/RW%20Saturatable/RW.cfg#L9-L10

Set the 0.025 in those lines to zero

bleedRate
{
key = 0 0 0 0 // with 0% saturation, 0% of torque per second (0% total with the default scale of 10)
key = 1 0 0 0 // with 100% saturation, 0% of torque per second (0% total with the default scale of 10)
}

Be careful not to enter timewarp with any momentum unless using persistent rotation

Edited by Crzyrndm

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/RW-Saturatable/blob/master/GameData/RW%20Saturatable/RW.cfg#L9-L10

Set the 0.025 in those lines to zero

bleedRate
{
key = 0 0 0 0 // with 0% saturation, 0% of torque per second (0% total with the default scale of 10)
key = 1 0 0 0 // with 100% saturation, 0% of torque per second (0% total with the default scale of 10)
}

Be careful not to enter timewarp with any momentum unless using persistent rotation

Appreciated as always :)

Analog Control v1.6.0

• All settings now accessible in the flight scene settings window (default key to open: Modifier(LAlt) + O)
  • All keybindings are configurable from the settings window along with the normal settings
  • Mouse control zone corresponds to the settings window (which you can drag to reposition and resize with the button in the bottom right corner)
  • Added input lock keybinding to prevent all other mouse/key actions from taking effect (default key to lock: Modifier(LAlt) + L)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Crzyrndm, I have tried the Analog Control 1.6.0 and got the following issues:

1. The graphics aren't displayed sometimes (the chance is about 30%).

2. By default <bool name="pitchInvert">1</bool> but in fact the pitch is not inverted: moving mouse up makes the nose go up. Changing it to 0 inverted pitch.

3. The red spot indicator is now always visible, not only when control is locked. (was that made on purpose?)

4. Have the lock key set to L by default but it still locks/unlocks by the mouse. What's the point of lock hot key then?

5. Changed the Lock key. Control surfaces not responding. Crosshairs are tiny. Alt-O window is empty. Alt-F12 doesn't show anything suspicious.

(Tested in windowed KSP mode)

Edited by Ser

Crzyrndm, I have tried the Analog Control 1.6.0 and got the following issues:

1) Can you elaborate a bit more?

2) Will be fixed...

3) Intended change. Just a small indication that it is live

4) If the lock input combo (Windows: LAlt (Modifier) + L) is pressed, no other inputs are meant to be received until it is pressed again.

5) That sounds like it was activated (the window goes blank when it's active)

This should fix most of your issues. Once I get some more info on the graphics not being displayed it'll be pushed as v1.6.1

Analog Control v1.6.1

• Fixed: Pause not actually pausing
  • Fixed: missing key check with lock key bind
  • Fixed: Pitch invert setting was inverted
  • Fixed: Centre indicator not being resized correctly until the window was opened
  • Improvement: Click to pause is now rebindable

Crzyrndm, guess I'm a little late... But the "no graphics" bug persists for Analog Control 1.6.1. The way to reproduce: load a vessel on the runway. Quicksave, than quickload and activate the Analog Control. May be it is required to press Enter early on loading or quickload several times. After that no graphics, output_log.txt is flooded with:

DrawGUITexture: texture is null

(Filename: Line: 487)

And aren't the crosshairs enough to see that the mod is active? For my personal taste the spot annoys a bit when is on all the time.

Edited by Ser

Referring to my post in B9-ProcWings I've done some tests with and without Dynamic Controls with existing crafts. My suspicion was right, there is a misbehaviour in stockAero of the allmoving control surfaces as shown below:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Craftfiles can be downloaded here:

Pauli-40 - I've removed all non-stock parts except B9 wings, using MFT but not necessary it think.

Paui-Combo - same as above, but Proc. Parts needed.

FYI here my log files:

without Dynamic Controls

with Dynamic Controls - removed IR Sequenzer, cause... reasons! Didn't effect the issue.

Installed mods see logs...

There are some exceptions, the ones with engineer report I cannot address whats going on, but there are also some for proc. wings.

When this bug occured last week, I uninstalled also Symmetric Flameout, because I couldn't set action groups for toggling the intakes. I'm not sure if it makes a difference regarding drag in stockAero now... perhaps it's intended by SymFlameOut?!?

....and offtopic, because I'm just digging into 1.0.x: Does anybody know why the lauching state of cargo bays is always "open", but in fact they're closed, so that you've to toggle twice to open it?

Hope I could help, if you have further questions, I won't go away ;-)

Referring to my post in B9-ProcWings I've done some tests with and without Dynamic Controls with existing crafts. My suspicion was right, there is a misbehaviour in stockAero of the allmoving control surfaces as shown below:

When this bug occured last week, I uninstalled also Symmetric Flameout, because I couldn't set action groups for toggling the intakes. I'm not sure if it makes a difference regarding drag in stockAero now... perhaps it's intended by SymFlameOut?!?

Thanks for the information. I'll get onto squashing this right away.

RE: SymFlameout

Probably doesn't make a difference in stock anymore, but I should fix that anyway. My development schedule for the weekend is filling up fast...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.