[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have taken over the VesselViewer mod in a maintenance mode.

CKAN has been notified (I updated the netkan file), and the new thread is located here: 

The new version is now available on CKAN

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have taken over the VesselViewer mod in a maintenance mode.

CKAN has been notified (I updated the netkan file), and the new thread is located here: 

@MOARdV I don't know if you removed VV from the list of recommended mods, but I'm maintaining it now, and it is fully compatible with 1.1.3

RasterPropMonitor has been updated to v0.27.1.  This update includes a couple of small fixes, and a couple of new variables, along with an experimental configuration to reduce RPM overhead.  Some early experiments on a low-end laptop showed some promise, so feel free to try it out.  The experimental configuration does have side effects, particularly for props that use refresh rates to reduce update frequency (mainly blinking lights).  Details are reference in the release notes on GitHub.

2 hours ago, Sim1 said:

it still seems to not work properly for me, the IVA has no monitors :(

http://imgur.com/bCKlcFs

If you installed from CKAN, you need to take it up on the CKAN thread, as I state in the first post of this thread.  I have nothing to do with the CKAN installer, and any installation problems using CKAN are their responsibility.  If you did not install using CKAN, you need to provide logs.

11 hours ago, MOARdV said:

If you installed from CKAN, you need to take it up on the CKAN thread, as I state in the first post of this thread.  I have nothing to do with the CKAN installer, and any installation problems using CKAN are their responsibility.  If you did not install using CKAN, you need to provide logs.

yep, you're right, I will try installing it manually.

Uninstalling all the mods using ckan except rpm seems to have solved the issue btw (I post it for future references) so it may be a conflict or indeed a ckan related issue.

I can't thank you enough for the awesome mod you've created, you made our let's play a lot more enjoyable :) 

I'm just now discovering how awesome controlling everything via IVA is!

One thing I've noticed is the Kerbals in the front seat of a Mk3 cockpit sit too high to effectively use most of the monitors. You really have to crane the camera down to see them, and are at such a steep angle they're hard to read or impossible to even reach all the buttons. I can somewhat get around it if I have a non-tourist kerbal sitting in the rear two seats and zoom in. The simplest fix I can think of would be to drop the front seats down a bit so eye level is lower.

Any other workarounds that people use?

5 hours ago, Tybot said:

I'm just now discovering how awesome controlling everything via IVA is!

One thing I've noticed is the Kerbals in the front seat of a Mk3 cockpit sit too high to effectively use most of the monitors. You really have to crane the camera down to see them, and are at such a steep angle they're hard to read or impossible to even reach all the buttons. I can somewhat get around it if I have a non-tourist kerbal sitting in the rear two seats and zoom in. The simplest fix I can think of would be to drop the front seats down a bit so eye level is lower.

Any other workarounds that people use?

Never done this myself but until someone with more experience comes around, try messing with the kerbalEyeOffset property (the second value, the Y-value, controls up/down placement) in the internal_MK3.cfg file in Squad/Spaces/MK3CockpitInternal

disclaimer: may be completely wrong here :P

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Never done this myself but until someone with more experience comes around, try messing with the kerbalEyeOffset property (the second value, the Y-value, controls up/down placement) in the internal_MK3.cfg file in Squad/Spaces/MK3CockpitInternal

disclaimer: may be completely wrong here :P

Good call. I played with it and settled on changing it from 0.02 to -0.1. That puts it at about neck level. It's a tiny bit odd to see their hands come in front of the frame during the idle animations, but that's a small price to pay for the greatly improved angle. And I can still see out the windows just fine. Thanks for the idea!

6 hours ago, Tybot said:

It's a tiny bit odd to see their hands come in front of the frame during the idle animations, but that's a small price to pay for the greatly improved angle.

You can use RPM to hide them.  If the INTERNAL node for the cockpit does not already have it, add this:

MODULE
{
	name = JSISetInternalCameraFOV
}

And then, for each of the InternalSeat modules in that IVA where you moved the camera, add

hideKerbal = all

(other options are 'hideKerbal = head' and 'hideKerbal = none'.

3 hours ago, MOARdV said:

You can use RPM to hide them.  If the INTERNAL node for the cockpit does not already have it, add this:

MODULE
{
	name = JSISetInternalCameraFOV
}

And then, for each of the InternalSeat modules in that IVA where you moved the camera, add

hideKerbal = all

(other options are 'hideKerbal = head' and 'hideKerbal = none'.

Good to know. In the short time I was able to test last night it didn't really happen all that often and didn't find it all that obstructive, but if it starts to get on my nerves I'll give this a try.

Also have to say, love the username. :D

19 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

No, I mean the pod cameras.

The button to the left of the external cam switch.

I need to see a screenshot of the switch / buttons in question.  There are over a dozen pods that support RPM, and I am very familiar with only a handful of them.

2 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Unfortunately my image hosting sites aren't working.

It sounds like you may have ASET (ALCOR) mod installed.   If so, the "Pod" cameras only work on the ALCOR capsule proper.  So even though the button exists in the Mk1-2 capsule, they don't do anything.    When you attach external cameras and set their id's 1-8, you can get them to work with the "External" button

33 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

It sounds like you may have ASET (ALCOR) mod installed.   If so, the "Pod" cameras only work on the ALCOR capsule proper.  So even though the button exists in the Mk1-2 capsule, they don't do anything.    When you attach external cameras and set their id's 1-8, you can get them to work with the "External" button

Thank you very much. 

1 hour ago, Antonio432 said:

Hello, I get an issue during loading where the loading stops at B9 HL cockpit and I get 3 "JSI initialization errors". i'll post my KSP log if anyone wants to help: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8o3_OKhDQ4aQ2pJdTR6RzI3RTg/view?usp=sharing

You most likely have at least one mod that is out of date, and it is breaking everything else.  The log is full of exceptions, including in stock modules.  You need to go through the mods you've installed and figure out which one(s) are not compatible with 1.1.3.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

You most likely have at least one mod that is out of date, and it is breaking everything else.  The log is full of exceptions, including in stock modules.  You need to go through the mods you've installed and figure out which one(s) are not compatible with 1.1.3.

Ok, but I am unsure since everything did work up until today and i haven't made any changes to my Gamedata folder. I uninstalled it from ckan and downloaded a new fresh copy of RPM but got the same result. I eventually got around it somehow but I can't IVA at all.

EDIT: i just remembered, i did add the USI Freight Transport mod today but it seemed irrelevant to the issue. I'll try deleting t and see the results.

Edited by Antonio432

1 minute ago, Antonio432 said:

Ok, but I am unsure since everything did work up until today and i haven't made any changes to my Gamedata folder. I uninstalled it from ckan and downloaded a new fresh copy of RPM but got the same result. I eventually got around it somehow but I can't IVA at all.

Did you do the same thing with B9?

• 2 weeks later...