[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Hi. Is there a way to look through the camera parts other than with the IVA monitors? I'd like to use it with drones.

(Could this be added? Or is there some other mod that does this?)

maby that ? looks cool :P

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-beta8a-IVA-All-the-things%21-new-3D-RPM-17

Raster prop monitor isnt working for me. I've gotten into every cockpit and none of them seem to be showing the mod and the high tech screens. I've tried using different modulemanagers and it still doesnt work. What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like the mod was installed incorrectly, or for the wrong version. Without more info (RPM version, KSP version, other mods, or, even more helpful, KSP.log and KSP_Data/output_log.txt) I can't be more helpful.

Hi. Is there a way to look through the camera parts other than with the IVA monitors? I'd like to use it with drones.

(Could this be added? Or is there some other mod that does this?)

With RasterPropMonitor, no. That's outside the scope of RPM - its purpose is to add functionality to IVA. If you want something that allows you to look through cameras outside of the IVA, you need something like Hullcam VDS.

Now available on GitHub and KerbalStuff.

RasterPropMonitor v0.21.0 introduces even more stuff to keep your Kerbals busy in IVA. v0.21.0 introduces support for two more mods: FAR, which RPM will query for a few built-in variables; and RealChute, whose parachutes RPM can arm and deploy (with the appropriate buttons in the craft). There are some breaking changes in the PFD (navball) and HUD that will require updates to MFD configs (the stock configs are already updated).

Lots of other updates. For more details, please peruse the change log.

JSISASMenu is now available. This is a simple menu that allows toggling SAS as well as setting the SAS mode. It is available on the default MFD as an alternate autopilot page. Press the autopilot button to switch between MechJeb and SAS control.

I don't know if that's in response to my suggestion or previous ones, but thank you very much. MOARrep!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and question:

MechJeb-reported DELTAV and DELTAVSTAGE are more accurate

Does that mean we now know the dV from monoprop + RCS thrusters when the ship has no LOX engines like MJ shows? Awesome!

Vexc0m™ HUD add-on for RPM

(v0.20 / 2015-07-21) - Added AoA value to ADI mode, fixed time format for 'Tap', 'Tpe', 'To' in PFD mode.

(v0.19 / 2015-07-19) - Adjusted HUD ladder to better follow environment.

(v0.18 / 2015-07-18) - Added new HUD prop to MK3 cockpit and did some adjustments to textures and font colors.

(v0.17 / 2015-07-06) - Updated to use the new methods from RPM 0.21.0

An aftermarket set of HUD and an extra HUD for the stock cupola pod.

It's more precise and clear than the default one that comes with RPM, and have an extra NavBall mode page.

To switch pages you have to click on the HUD screen.

Download from DropBox

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

88x31.png

"Vexc0m™ HUD" by LuizoPiloto is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Edited by luizopiloto

Vexc0mâ„¢ HUD add-on for RPM

(v0.17 / 2015-07-06) - Updated to use the new methods from RPM 0.21.0

An aftermarket set of HUD and an extra HUD for the stock cupola pod.

It's more precise and clear than the default one that comes with RPM, and have a extra NavBall mode page.

To select between pages you have to click on the HUD screen.

That NavBall mode on the HUD looks awesome!

May I ask if this mod adds a working Primary Flight Display for the MK3 cockpit (a small artificial horizon with the heading indicator seperated unlike the Navball)? I've would love to see a working one if there isn't any yet :P

3404353787_aee078b489_b.jpg

Edited by Jetenginestar

hi all fantastic plugin you have here

may I be so bold as to request with no time line the ability to zoom in on the height map ie so that I may acquire a more precise readings of sea level vrs radar altitude as currently im flying at a max of 5000m and the map is locked to 70,000 m and the two lines are very close together making it difficult to get good telemetry

I was thinking to use one of the side buttons to reduce and expand the max height of the map

yours in hope

the hawk from za

May I ask if this mod adds a working Primary Flight Display for the MK3 cockpit (a small artificial horizon with the heading indicator seperated unlike the Navball)? I've would love to see a working one if there isn't any yet :P

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3616/3404353787_aee078b489_b.jpg

No. I do not believe that this mod (by itself) adds the PFD you're looking for. However, there is a mod on the way that uses RPM to do it. Take a look at Alexustas'

. No release date yet, but it looks very promising.

Is it intentional that the external camera is available so late in the tech tree?

I m asking since KSP shifted the scienceTech node to the back (300 science) and replaced it with the new basicScience node (45 science like the old scienceTech node).

Is it intentional that the external camera is available so late in the tech tree?

I m asking since KSP shifted the scienceTech node to the back (300 science) and replaced it with the new basicScience node (45 science like the old scienceTech node).

It's like that because no one updated it. :) I don't play career mode, so if someone doesn't provide feedback or a pull request, I don't know that it's out of place. If basicScience makes more sense with the current science nodes, I'll move it to that node.

It's like that because no one updated it. :) I don't play career mode, so if someone doesn't provide feedback or a pull request, I don't know that it's out of place. If basicScience makes more sense with the current science nodes, I'll move it to that node.

Ah, great, then I do not have to make a config for SETIctt.

Yep, basicScience makes much more sense, so it will be in it's old tech tree place from pre 1.0.

Ah, great, then I do not have to make a config for SETIctt.

Yep, basicScience makes much more sense, so it will be in it's old tech tree place from pre 1.0.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know. It'll be fixed in v0.21.1 (which is coming ... soon? Maybe this weekend?).

Is there any text, tutorial or other info about how to create props for RPM? like the Basic MFD?

The info on GitHub is not very clear... :/

I really don't know of anything. I can probably answer some questions (although I'm not a modeler), although the answers might be more hand-waving. Most of the props I use are ones that alexustas made for ASET (for that matter, I think most of the props in RPM that didn't come from Squad came from alexustas).

I want to know how to configure things, like buttons, screen, colliders for the buttons.

I'm creating a HUD for the MK3 pod that looks a bit more like the Shuttle one, and it will have some buttons in it to change pages.

The modeling part I know, what I don't know is how to setup an animated knob, buttons and screen in unity... :/

WIP: (of the model... I still need to know how to make this things work as a prop) :P

V1NLiXX.png

Edited by luizopiloto

hi all I was just wondering if there was a way to assign a key depression from lets say a thrust master cougar to control rpm

I was reading the manual and could find no mention of key bindings in there

I want to know how to configure things, like buttons, screen, colliders for the buttons.

I'm creating a HUD for the MK3 pod that looks a bit more like the Shuttle one, and it will have some buttons in it to change pages.

The modeling part I know, what I don't know is how to setup an animated knob, buttons and screen in unity... :/

The Unity setup I'm not sure about. I know you need a collider defined on the location where you want the user to click, and you make an animation on the prop that makes it do whatever it does (toggle a switch, rotate a knob, etc). The screen of a MFD has to be its own texture with a full range UV map (0,0) - (1,1), and it should be emissive if you want it to glow. I can help with setting things up in the config file, as well, although I think that's pretty straightforward if you look at existing props (here, again, I'll plug alexustas's ASET props - there are some really fancy things done there to provide backlit buttons, multiple buttons using a single texture sheet, and so forth). Sorry I'm not much help on this front.

hi all I was just wondering if there was a way to assign a key depression from lets say a thrust master cougar to control rpm

I was reading the manual and could find no mention of key bindings in there

RPM is designed for "click on the screen" use. The main issue I have for supporting external input devices is that I don't have one to develop / test with, so it's not something I will be able to support.

RPM is designed for "click on the screen" use. The main issue I have for supporting external input devices is that I don't have one to develop / test with, so it's not something I will be able to support.

I understand :>....pity but do understand

Hello, you asked if you missed plug-in you did.

NavUtilities 0.5.1_RC1 works on the latest version of KSP with RPM v0.21.1, i have run many tests with no problems but i will keep testing anyway.

Nav Utilities make it easier to align your vessel to the runway or pad.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85353-1-0-2-NavUtilities-ft-HSI-Instrument-Landing-System-v0-5-1-RC-1-*June-2015*