[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Is there anywhere I can find some sample project that adds "hello world" screen or something similar that I could use as a base for creating new screen for RasterPropMonitor?

Right now under 5th bottom button you can flip between Crew rooster and Flight log, I'd like to add 3rd screen to that - anyone can point me a right direction where to start?

Is there anywhere I can find some sample project that adds "hello world" screen or something similar that I could use as a base for creating new screen for RasterPropMonitor?

Right now under 5th bottom button you can flip between Crew rooster and Flight log, I'd like to add 3rd screen to that - anyone can point me a right direction where to start?

Take a look at GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD

MFD40x20.cfg is the config file for the MFD. Search that file for 'buttonR5' and you'll find the config for those two pages. The txt files in the directory are the page layout files for text. Between that and the documentation on the wiki @ GitHub, you should be set.

Take a look at GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD

MFD40x20.cfg is the config file for the MFD. Search that file for 'buttonR5' and you'll find the config for those two pages. The txt files in the directory are the page layout files for text. Between that and the documentation on the wiki @ GitHub, you should be set.

Perfect :) Thank you.

Two quick questions more:

In pages text files I found this:

{1:":"; ; }

Which prints out colon if CREW_0_PRESENT=1 and otherwise nothing. That's fairly clear - curly brackets mean a call to the variable, 1 means the second variable, which is CREW_0_PRESENT, ":" is a string with colon, but... what's further on? I would expect one semicolon in a style of shorthand ifs: condition ? true : false but somehow here I have 3 inputs separated by semicolons? Is that working on -1;0;1 ?

Is it possible to write more elaborate conditions, eg. is stupid and panic greater than 0.5?

Edited by Sky_walker

In pages text files I found this:

{1:":"; ; }

You might take a look at Writing Page Definition Files, and follow the link on C# String formatting.

Is it possible to write more elaborate conditions, eg. is stupid and panic greater than 0.5?

You can write a custom variable that can test if both stupidity and panic are within specified bounds, and logically AND the results together to create a true/false value.

Can RPM use DDS formatted textures for its screens? Im seeing an issues with the ADI and HUD where they just dont work properly (or at all, in the case of the HUD) on the KSO. While that would suggest that DDS texture, at least for those particular interfaces, dont work, I want to know if it would simply be a matter of doing the texture differently or something.

You might take a look at Writing Page Definition Files, and follow the link on C# String formatting.

Got it. For those curious - it's: positive;negative;zero

You can write a custom variable that can test if both stupidity and panic are within specified bounds, and logically AND the results together to create a true/false value.

Sadly I still have a problem with that. I took sample GROUND_PROXIMITY_ALERT (from manual) and put it into test.cfg file in \GameData\SkyMFD\ directory, then edited line in p5_crew40x20.txt to:

{2}{1:":"; ; }    {0}$&$CREW_0_FULL GROUND_PROXIMITY_ALERT CREW_0_PRESENT  CREW_0_TITLE

But instead of seeing semicolon or nothing - I'm getting NaN. I wrote set of my own custom variables, and tried to call them both - in conditional and raw {0} calls and they all show NaN. I also tried moving it in a few different locations (eg. inside of RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD) but still can't make it work.

I looked through ModuleManager.ConfigCache and my variable is there:

UrlConfig
{
name = GROUND_PROXIMITY_ALERT
type = RPM_CUSTOM_VARIABLE
parentUrl = SkyMFD/test
url = SkyMFD/test/GROUND_PROXIMITY_ALERT
RPM_CUSTOM_VARIABLE
{
name = GROUND_PROXIMITY_ALERT
operator = AND
SOURCE_VARIABLE
{
name = RADARALT
range = -10, 100
}
SOURCE_VARIABLE
{
name = VERTSPEED
range = -10000, -4
}
}
}

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Sadly I still have a problem with that. I took sample GROUND_PROXIMITY_ALERT

(snip)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Custom variables are prefixed with CUSTOM_ when accessing them in the page. On your page definition, use CUSTOM_GROUND_PROXIMITY_ALERT (but do not rename it in the RPM_CUSTOM_VARIABLE entry). I do this to introduce a sort-of namespace, so custom variables don't conflict with built-in variables.

Wow, this mod brings so much fun, I wasnt aware of this one. Thank you MOARdV for keeping RPM up to date!

May I have a quicklist of other mods that RPM is tracking or working with?

Wow, this mod brings so much fun, I wasnt aware of this one. Thank you MOARdV for keeping RPM up to date!

May I have a quicklist of other mods that RPM is tracking or working with?

I haven't added them to the front page yet, but look at the first post of Mihara's original thread to get an idea of who's using RPM.

I can't help but notice the new IVA's of version 1.0 don't have any monitors in them. Is this something you plan on remedying?

That's question #1 on the FAQ. Short answer: if people are waiting on me to make the IVA, people are going to be waiting a LONG time. If someone makes an RPM IVA for the new pods, I'll be happy to distribute it.

That's question #1 on the FAQ. Short answer: if people are waiting on me to make the IVA, people are going to be waiting a LONG time. If someone makes an RPM IVA for the new pods, I'll be happy to distribute it.

In that case do you know of any mods that add the monitors to the IVAs, because I can't for the life of me find any.

And finally I unlocked the MK3 Shuttle Cockpit in my career mode. I noticed it doesn't have RPMs so I made a quickie for myself. I only placed 5 monitors for each kerbal. Didn't populate the ceiling (many monitors cause lag) and didn't go as far as placing action group, brakes, sas, gears, rcs buttons. Will do that if there's a strong need.

Just place this file in your GameData\JSI\RPMPodPatches\PatchesStock

In my opinion Porkjet has made very small monitor placeholders, for RPM usability this cockpit needs a complete rearrangement.

UonvcGw.png

Btw, did you know that shuttle cockpit was originally designed for 6 people?

MsTwSvJ.png

Are there any other pods which need RPM monitors? Just tell me, they're not so hard to place.

Edited by Enceos

Are there any other pods which need RPM monitors? Just tell me, they're not so hard to place.

All of the new pods could use monitors. I still haven't had a chance to look at any of them very closely. If it is okay with you, I would be happy to include your patches in the RPM distribution.

All of the new pods could use monitors. I still haven't had a chance to look at any of them very closely. If it is okay with you, I would be happy to include your patches in the RPM distribution.

I'd be honored, hehe. When I have more time I'll update this config with all JSI props and rearrange stuff to make monitors bigger.

I'd be honored, hehe. When I have more time I'll update this config with all JSI props and rearrange stuff to make monitors bigger.

Finding time is always the biggest factor with the IVAs.

Finding time is always the biggest factor with the IVAs.

If it's just placing props here and there it's not so hard. It's get harder when there's no place for the props and you have to create it yourself.

has anyone done an IVA for the MK2 inline?

I think I'll make one today.

i'd love an abort button and action group buttons in every cockpit, aset hasn't done a revamp for every cockpit, and i have no idea how i would place the props. any idea what program i would need in order to do so?

New “Mapped Variable†is awesome!! I finally can make that I always wanted to.

For example such MFD page:

http://i.imgur.com/esPUcBN.png

Gorgeous! Alex, are you making those for ALCOR?

@MOARdV I finished placing the props for the new inline MK1 cockpit. Config is here. It's a modified Squad file, needs renaming and a patch.

QbGXq2Q.png

I also made some DDS textures for you with nice mipmaps for the props, they zoom out softly without pixelation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/olf4ghrkn8mse2w/JSI_DDS_Textures.rar?dl=0

Edited by Enceos

Excited to see how it turns out - thinking about monitor placement, I wonder if it'd be best basically avoiding putting them round the upper ring, and instead using that area for lights/gear/SAS/brakes/RCS toggles and action group buttons.

Also, MOARdv, not sure if I've ever mentioned this, but the indicator panels in the Mk2 cockpit need switching to the RPM version.

Lines 295 and 288 of mk2-spp-cockpits.cfg should read "name = IndicatorPanelRPM".

Excited to see how it turns out - thinking about monitor placement, I wonder if it'd be best basically avoiding putting them round the upper ring, and instead using that area for lights/gear/SAS/brakes/RCS toggles and action group buttons.

I can replace buttons and switches, but the screens are embedded into the internal model of the MK3 cockpit.

Plus we need a new prop in default RPM for the Action Groups. Currently its using the speed screen prop for AG buttons, which is quite ugly for this purpose. I wonder if I can borrow the B9 switches or Alexustas' Alcor buttons.