[1.8.1 - 1.12.5] Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS) 3.29.5

FreeThinker

On 25-6-2016 at 11:21 AM, drtedastro said:

Thanks Free Thinker, good stuff.

Cheers.

H'mmm,

Curse must be real slow.  still showing 2.0.8 update.

I will check again in the morning.

Cheers.

It appears they are a little slow at Curse today.

Fortunate, there is always an mirror available at Spacedock

Edit: Curse has finally updated

Edited by FreeThinker

Another (hopefully helpful) comment regarding curse: could you post the kerbal.curseforge link (http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/interstellar-fuel-switch?gameCategorySlug=ksp-mods&projectID=237233) instead of the other one? I do not want to try which of the ten tracking scripts I have to allow to get to the download and I am sure that I am not the only one.

@raxo2222

The 6 IFS tanks actualy already exisit but they are located in KSPI-E. Perhaps would be an idea to transfer them (and all resourc  gathering related stuff) to IFS package. Technically it should be possible and would allow IFS to specialize more in universal resource storage and gathering

Note that I explicitly mention Universal Resource gathering as we need some way to make the resource harvester switchable, similary you can do now for a tank, you switch resource gathing mode. This should allow you to create Surface/Ocear/Atmosphere resource gatherrers that can switch to a multitude of minable resources. It would also be able to switch storage resources at the sam time, similar to how texture switches which resource content. This will also reduce resource cluting and make it a bit more intuitive

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

I have IFS 2.0.9 and I was curios, as I am not 100% sure if this is a 1.1.3 or a IFS bug.  When I 'lock' a fuel tank, it doesn't stay locked when going from VAB to Launch.

Perhaps it is IFS, could you create some screen dumps?

Edited by FreeThinker

On 27-6-2016 at 11:23 PM, gamerscircle said:

Sure, I hope this help.  One image of the tanks, "locked" in the VAB.  I then clicked "save" and then "launch" , no longer locked.

http://imgur.com/a/nOQ69

So, what is going wrong? The Resource type, amount and drymass is the same in both VAB as on the Launch pad. Everything seems right to me...

Edit: oh wait, it's the locked state that is the problem? I haven't changed anything about this, perhaps it a stock change ...

If not, it must have been part of IFS for a long time ...

Edited by FreeThinker

42 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

So, what is going wrong? The Resource type, amount and drymass is the same in both VAB as on the Launch pad. Everything seems right to me...

Edit: oh wait, it's the locked state that is the problem? I haven't changed anything about this, perhaps it a stock change ...

Sorry I wasn't clear, yes - if I lock a fuel tank i the editor and then go to the launch pad, that tank is no longer locked.

On 6/29/2016 at 6:16 AM, FreeThinker said:

I just installed the latest [Based on KSP  AVC which directed me to the curse page, the problem of the fuel tanks/resources not staying locked is still taking place.

1 minute ago, gamerscircle said:

I just installed the latest [Based on KSP  AVC which directed me to the curse page, the problem of the fuel tanks/resources not staying locked is still taking place.

Well I know what is happening. Simply put it replaced the resource and simply ignores/forgets about the lock state. I will try to look soon if I can fix it.

Version 2.1.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3

Released on 2016-07-01

• Flow mode is now preserved
  • Initial tank selection now depends on initial resources on tank
  • Added IFS to Xenon tank which preserves stock balance
  • Re-balanced IFS demo tanks to preserve stock balance

On 26-6-2016 at 5:58 PM, cfds said:

Another (hopefully helpful) comment regarding curse: could you post the kerbal.curseforge link (http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/interstellar-fuel-switch?gameCategorySlug=ksp-mods&projectID=237233) instead of the other one? I do not want to try which of the ten tracking scripts I have to allow to get to the download and I am sure that I am not the only one.

Alright, good suggestion, I will take it over

On 06/05/2016 at 9:36 AM, FreeThinker said:

I'm planning to add the following MM script to IFS

[Script IntegrateInterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg and other text removed to save space]

Any suggestions would be welcome

@FreeThinker - I just noticed a strange message in my log and tracked it down to this MM script.

[LOG 00:40:34.878] InsterstellarFuelSwitch SetupTankInPart adding resources: Stuctural;
[WRN 00:40:34.879] Could not create PartResource of type 'Stuctural

Bug Report: The script mis-spells the word 'Structural' in the module section near the top (3 times)

I'm running IFS 2.1.0 straight outta CKAN. I hope this helps. I've fixed it in mine.

In case it was missed above, the script in question is IntegrateInterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg

Edited by geekasylum

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3

Released on 2016-07-24

• Added new property orderBySwitchName which if set true will order the tanks in alphabetical order
  • Fixed misspelling of Structural in script
Edited by FreeThinker

On 24-7-2016 at 7:17 PM, Bamki said:

Hi,

I was just wondering while trying to build a SSTO, why IFS doesn't allow Oxidizer-only tanks? Would be a great addition imo, instead of leaving half empty tanks every time.

Thanks.

Well, a combination of Liquid/Oxygen + Liquid Fuel should be enough in most cases

Version 2.1.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3

Released on 2016-07-28

• Fixed issues where sorted tank list would receive wrong custom mass and custom cost
  • When HasGui is true, it will stabilize the switch control when switching between tanks , making switching less cumbersome
  • For all parts affected by IFS Stock Script, replaced Structural by Oxidizer
  • For all parts affected by IFS Stock Script, sort tank in Alphabetical order
  • For all parts affected by IFS Stock Script, enabled HasGui, stabilizing switching in VAB

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.