Please do NOT rush 1.1!

To me 1.0 has been one of the worst launches of a KSP version in it's history. And then a hotfix changes the aerodynamics less than a week from the game coming out of beta?

Version 1 was not ready. Either the experimental team failed to notice obvious bugs or you rushed 1.0 out the door. Either one shows that there needs to be a big change in how these versions are handled.

Squadcast seemed to hint that 1.1 will feature the long awaited KSP in Unity 5. If this is the case then PLEASE PLEASE do not rush it! If a Unity 5 bug itself is preventing a bugfix. Wait it out! Do multiplayer work or something to pass the time instead of pushing 1.1 out and blaming Unity for everything.

Test. Fix Test more and then Test more when you think you have tested enough.

1.0 is fine, you just aren't used to it and the hotfix was not that big. It's not perfect, there are things I don't like, but it certainly is one of the best launches of a KSP version in it's history.

1.0 is fine, you just aren't used to it and the hotfix was not that big. It's not perfect, there are things I don't like, but it certainly is one of the best launches of a KSP version in it's history.

The very fact that it required a laundry list of changes in a single hotfix says otherwise. Along with bugs discovered only once streamers got their hands on it.

1.0 was not all that bad, some previous updates have been much worse.... But I agree that 1.1 really deserves all the time it needs to get Unity 5 working. For example not having an internal release date may help (pls), to prevent rushing it and such.

1.0 was not all that bad, some previous updates have been much worse.... But I agree that 1.1 really deserves all the time it needs to get Unity 5 working. For example not having an internal release date may help (pls), to prevent rushing it and such.

We don't want to back to the days where modders disable X64 support because it makes support that much harder for them. KSP with Unity 5 needs to be tested, tested, tested, bugfixed, balanced tested, tested, and then more testing before it is public.

The very fact that it required a laundry list of changes in a single hotfix says otherwise. Along with bugs discovered only once streamers got their hands on it.

The very fact that hotfix came days later says it is fine, it means they identified the outlying problems quickly. Most of that laundry list was balancing tweaks. As I recall, Blizzard pushed out balance tweaks for StarCraft for over a decade, and that was one of the most popular games to ever exist.

The very fact that hotfix came days later says it is fine, it means they identified the outlying problems quickly. Most of that laundry list was balancing tweaks. As I recall, Blizzard pushed out balance tweaks for StarCraft for over a decade, and that was one of the most popular games to ever exist.

I would call those "change up the gameplay" tweaks.

They monitor what the players do, then break it so the players have to try something else ;p

And now... I feel like playing starcraft... XD

Squad had to make their mysterious deadline.

According to Max, 1.0 was delayed by a month, and they had to eventually release it. We were getting pretty antsy. With the bugfixes of 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 Squad can afford to wait a while, hopefully.

According to Max, 1.0 was delayed by a month, and they had to eventually release it. We were getting pretty antsy. With the bugfixes of 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 Squad can afford to wait a while, hopefully.

No they need to fix it one more time. They need to bring back 1.0.

sp1989: And I assume you've compared maximum speeds of a given craft in .90 with FAR, with speeds in 1.0.2? :)

(note: jets don't count, since they were totally reworked. Compare rocket-powered planes, say, and falling capsules, and...)

Good grief. 1.0 is barely out of the door and people are talking about not rushing 1.1.

How about letting Squad release at their own pace? Because it doesn't much matter what that pace is - some folks will complain that it's too long since the last release, others will complain of rushing.

Holy cow, some people are so ungrateful and resistant to change. We all knew that the aerodynamics were going to change things completely, and sure, Squad missed a few things in the process but everyone makes mistakes and for such a big change, they've done a cracker job imo. We just need to get used to the new model and re-learn things! I think that it makes it a tad more interesting as well. As for the hotfixes, kudos to Squad for getting onto them so quickly! Just because it means you have to re-adjust your rocket/spaceplane design, doesn't mean it's a terrible thing.

Thank you Squad, I still love you

I can think of quite a few past releases of KSP that had far more upset surrounding them than 1.0. Let's see... There were the open-to-the-public experimentals for 0.15 that swiftly resulted in SQUAD recruiting an actual testing team instead of letting the community as a whole test the game. There was quite a bit of upset about the delay between 0.18 and 0.19, particularly given how much changed between 0.17 and 0.18 versus how comparatively little changed between 0.18 and 0.19. There was quite a bit of derision thrown about when 0.23.5 came out, mostly because of the assumption that 0.24 was delayed to work on it. They survived these upsets just fine, despite quite a lot more fuss being raised at the time (especially for 0.19; I don't think I'll ever forget the rage I saw emerge when that version came out). There are more voices now, but the overall quantity of actual complaining is far lower relatively speaking.

These types of posts are completely and utterly useless in the greater scope of things and bring nothing of substance what so ever. This is entirely subjective complaining and no real assistance given to the team in identifying REAL problems. So, try that yeah? Instead of being resistant to change, instead of REFUSING to accept that the problems are with YOU and YOUR Designs and blaming squad for these things, how about you post bug reports. Ya know, like one I brought up today, and that being that ore does not have an HSP (heat value) set in the resources definition config and every other resource does. Is this in intended? Is it a miss? Give REAL data for real issues. "Resources suck!" is subjective and your opinion. "This system is missing this, does this when I use it, crashes here, etc..." that's real feedback. So start giving them that.

Let the Devs take what time they feel they need based on the content planning that they mentioned is just about to get underway. Telling a team to go faster or slower without any knowledge of their planned workload is a formula for destroying trust.

That said, I would highly recommend the Dev team consider showing a small bit of love for their dedicated OS X users in the next update. I don't even know what it is anymore - memory leak, poltergeist, Ghost of Steve Jobs, who cares. KSP is nearly unplayable for more than 10 minutes before graphics meltdown or crash to desktop. This is not a bug report - that's been done many times by many players. This a call for prioritising OS X reliability on the 1.1 agenda - take what time you need boys... I've got a old POS linux laptop I can sputter on with in the meantime - but I love KSP so much more on my 27" retina display (TL;DR eye-gasm).

There are more voices now, but the overall quantity of actual complaining is far lower relatively speaking.

Good point, let's not lose perspective here. As someone who's been around since 0.17, a 1.0-type release with loads of awesome features with some bugs is much better than a 0.19-type release, with few new features at all.

1.0 has expanded the game more than any other release. It was silly call a release with such big changes, which were bound to need tuning, the "complete" 1.0 version instead of another beta build (0.91) that would be released as 1.0 with the bugs worked out. But ultimately, the number doesn't matter to me. 1.0 is 0.91 to me, and it is undoubtedly the best release since 0.18 when you think of it that way.

sp1989: And I assume you've compared maximum speeds of a given craft in .90 with FAR, with speeds in 1.0.2? :)

(note: jets don't count, since they were totally reworked. Compare rocket-powered planes, say, and falling capsules, and...)

I just want which ever is more realistic and to make such a drastic change a few days after release... It just doesn't sit well with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Good grief. 1.0 is barely out of the door and people are talking about not rushing 1.1.

How about letting Squad release at their own pace? Because it doesn't much matter what that pace is - some folks will complain that it's too long since the last release, others will complain of rushing.

I want them to release at their own pace as well, but that's not what happened with 1.0. Something forced them to have a hard deadline. It's understandable that some are worried the same thing could happen again.

please rush unity5 port, even if it would be just an optional download so those dont want it, just dont care of it. thanks

I'd have to say that's a bad idea. Win64 was "optional", and caused huge problems for modders. Porting to a new engine version is not something that should be rushed.

I really regret updating to 1.02. The return to essentially the old aerodynamics is upsetting. Besides some bugs I really enjoyed 1.0. Please bring it back!!

HUH tis makes no sense and I am now confused.

KSP 1.0.2 is Up!

by

HarvesteR

Published on 1st May 2015 20:38

39 Comments Comments

Hi again,

Just a very quick update this time, version 1.0.2 is now up:

Changelog:

Code:

=================================== v1.0.2 ============================================================

Bug Fixes and Tweaks:

Thermal:

* Fixed ships potentially overheating when splashed down.

Parts

* Small tweak to Mk16 parachute drag.As always, you can get the latest version from our KSPStore, GOG, or get auto-updated on Steam. Happy Launchings!

Cheers

that's from the change log harvester posted .................???????....................did I miss something

as for 1.0 it was a great launch ya there were a few problems but they did get caught and fixed before it left the door and the remainder got fixed VERRY soon afterward I think the dev team did well compaired to other soft wear dev teams

but that is just my opinion

The aero change was in 1.0.1.

Resources:

* Replaced overheat mechanic of the ISRU and drills with a skill-based mechanic.

* Removed Overheat Throttle mechanic.

* Increased mass of Ore tanks to match wet/dry ratio of stock tanks.

* Aerodynamics

* New values for physics global drag and lift multipliers.

* Added a CoP offset calculation to procedural fairings

* Fix for the aero debug drag arrows switching directions. Added body lift arrows (cyan)

* Fixed occlusion on mk2 docking port.

* Fix for Laythe's atmosphere.

okay someone please explain to me what a center of pressure or CoP is

Edited by hawk_za

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.