Christian Songs

andrew123

Let's see here... Toby Mac !!! Britt Nicole!!! Two very extremely awesome artists who I like a lot. Then there's Switchfoot, LeCrae, Skillet, Capital Kings, Newsboys, and DC talk.

Btw, to the people who complain that Christian music sounds like country, you might try some of the artists on this list, I hate country, these artists don't sound like country (imo).

Videos:

Edited by hawkinator

Eh, i live in a Catholic household (Although i am not catholic myself) so the only "christian music" I've listened to fully is stuff like this:

I've heard a few songs on "Christian radio" stations, they all sound like country with the guitar twangs and drawn out words.

Edited by ZedNova

While I'm not religious, Russian Orthodox chants get to me real good. I have no idea what they sing but the harmonies and display of what the human voice can do makes for some stunning music.

If you've never listened to them before, you should check out Gregorian.

They're pretty much a cover band, that does everything in chants. It's far more gorgeous and much less comedic than the concept implies.

Let's see here... Toby Mac !!! Britt Nicole!!! Two very extremely awesome artists who I like a lot. Then there's Switchfoot, LeCrae, Skillet, Capital Kings, Newsboys, and DC talk.

Btw, to the people who complain that Christian music sounds like country, you might try some of the artists on this list, I hate country, these artists don't sound like country (imo).

Videos:

Humf! And what's wrong with Country music?!?!! lol

If you've never listened to them before, you should check out Gregorian.

They're pretty much a cover band, that does everything in chants. It's far more gorgeous and much less comedic than the concept implies.

Having many Georgian friends (Republic of), I celebrate the Orthodox Christmas with them (their calendar). So, the Alilo (áƒÂლილáƒÂ) is heard as well as the 'Lord's Prayer' or 'Our Father' (მáƒÂმáƒÂრჩვáƒâ€Ã¡Æ’œáƒÂ) ... which I think is one of the most beautiful things I've heard, the church sung in being the ancient Dmanisi Monastary.

Alilo - áƒÂლილáƒÂ

'Our Father' - მáƒÂმáƒÂრჩვáƒâ€Ã¡Æ’œáƒÂ

I also like this, it kind of grew on me (though not religious)... Chveneburebi, a kind of funny/humorous Georgian folk song.

Does anyone like Tigran Petrosyan?

Everything. :P

As a guy who lives in an area with 10+ country radio stations, I agree. Especially the "love songs", the lyrics just sound sad & like a creep wrote them; the refrain for one of them is "I hope you get lonely tonight".

By the way, there are 3 rock and roll stations and 1 classical/jazz/folk/polka station. I adore them dearly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.