[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

On 6/13/2016 at 0:17 PM, AndrewHere said:

Do you know if the supported mods ones work? I could test it out btw :D

They should - all except for KSPRC which won't work simply because the file paths for his textures have changed. You can get it to work by finding the correct file locations and pasting my textures there.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

They should - all except for KSPRC which won't work simply because the file paths for his textures are different. You can get it to work by finding the correct file locations and pasting my textures there.

alright ill be posting pictures here if they work :D

1. Some stock parts (they all work): x7xsbrE.jpg

ruNwuJ0.jpg

2.  Kerbal Planetary Base System (only one of the module works)FjZzYzq.jpg

2jOFOIc.jpg

3. Stockalike Station Parts and Near Future Spacecraft (the structural tubes need to be looked at, some of them lack reflections)YpSM6PT.jpgJWAtvxB.jpg

E2waPOt.jpg

Stock Solar Panels and Near Future (also some panels from other mods i can't tell): 

iIWmOvF.jpg

d1500vm.jpg

yyxRg0Z.jpg

5YAJaLc.jpg

f1tdYcr.jpg

ZcL3l1G.jpg

zaZccXF.jpg

Some of the panels and modules don't work as you can see or they are buggy.

Modular Kolonization System doesn't work.

(Edit) how do i make this post shorter? 

Edited by AndrewHere

6 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Does the stock Mk2 inline cockpit look good? It's model was redesigned and I haven't changed the textures for it since then.

Here it is: http://imgur.com/a/JqApO

Also i edited the post above and specified what doesn't work :)

Btw why don't you use this on your first page? TbNFbAq.gif

Edited by AndrewHere

5 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Does the stock Mk2 inline cockpit look good? It's model was redesigned and I haven't changed the textures for it since then.

2nd picture down in the image list seems to show it-- working! :D

I will be making a big space station soon and post a gif here, i love this reflections :D

Also do i really need texture replacer to run this? I've seen your post about memory saver and i'm willing to try.

Edited by AndrewHere

8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

For me the Mk2 is entirely shiney. Not just the windows. It's a neat look, but probably not intended

34 minutes ago, Cultist_O said:

For me the Mk2 is entirely shiney. Not just the windows. It's a neat look, but probably not intended

I'll have to look into fixing it sometime - I expected it to have problems. Thanks for the report!

On 6/14/2016 at 3:25 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

They should - all except for KSPRC which won't work simply because the file paths for his textures are different. You can get it to work by finding the correct file locations and pasting my textures there.

I have both KSPRC and Ven's Stock Revamp. No reflection loaded for me. I also added NearFuture and had the cfg file for Window Shine. It seems WindowShine doesn't work at all for me. I'm using 2.4.14 with the MM Reflection.
I tested a stock KSP with KSPRC and WindowShine, it works. Later with Ven's, it works on most of the stock cockpits (except the cupola).
I provide a log if you're interested to know the problem.

1 minute ago, Supergamervictor said:

I have both KSPRC and Ven's Stock Revamp. No reflection loaded for me. I also added NearFuture and had the cfg file for Window Shine. It seems WindowShine doesn't work at all for me. I'm using 2.4.14 with the MM Reflection.
I tested a stock KSP with KSPRC and WindowShine, it works. Later with Ven's, it works on most of the stock cockpits (except the cupola).
I provide a log if you're interested to know the problem.

KSPRC has new file paths since it's last version and so the reflections no longer register to the same places. They should work if you put the KSPRC textures back inside GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/Squad/[texture filepaths] rather than where they are inside of GameData/KSPRC. Just a maybe though.

Regardless though Ven's Revamp doesn't work well with any other reflection packs as it has custom files and all sorts of priority MM modules :P I don't use it personally.

5 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

KSPRC has new file paths since it's last version and so the reflections no longer register to the same places. They should work if you put the KSPRC textures back inside GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/Squad/[texture filepaths] rather than where they are inside of GameData/KSPRC. Just a maybe though.

Regardless though Ven's Revamp doesn't work well with any other reflection packs as it has custom files and all sorts of priority MM modules :P I don't use it personally.

Actually, I tested KSPRC with the mod support cfg and it worked without problem in the Stock Test. It's just the heavily modded install 1.1.2 that doesn't work. I'll try testing that install without visual mods to see if it works without them.

Edit: It's still not working. I'm sure it's another mod making my install to not run WindowShine.

Edited by Supergamervictor

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:31 PM, DanialADH said:

can anyone please give me detailed tutorial how to install this.. i tried but still not working

1st install TextureReplacer and ModuleManager, than grab this updated TR reflections plugin and put it in the TR plugins folder. After that just copy and merge copy GameData from the .zip to your KSP directory (including the .cfg file). That's all.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Hello, can somebody give me help on how to install Ven's Stock Revamp in an order like

folder > gamedata > mod > something?

It would really help if somebody could help me, I've fallen in love with ven's stock revamp and to have window shine work with it would just be amazing.

On 6/13/2016 at 0:05 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

To install it you literally copy and merge GameData from the .zip to your KSP directory. That's all

There's a drop down menu for how to install each compatibility pack. I think Ven's revamp might have it's own ReadMe in the download too? Don't quote me on that though :P

18 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

1st install TextureReplacer and ModuleManager, than grab this updated TR reflections plugin and put it in the TR plugins folder. After that you literally copy and merge GameData from the .zip to your KSP directory. That's all

thanks it works

Just dropping by to say thanks, it adds a nice touch to the aesthetics. I see someone has already mentioned vens revamp is not working with this, I'm also seeing a few near future pieces missing shine. Still a lovely little touch to the game. Thanks!

Edited by SmashBrown

22 minutes ago, SmashBrown said:

Any chance you could put together a reflective visors cfg? Texture replacers no longer works?

Sadly the problem is with the plugin .dll and not any .cfg file :P. Sorry to say I can't help out w/ this particular problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.