[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

On 2016-07-03 at 5:56 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

His parts are completely rewritten from the stock ones. I tried adding reflections to them before but it ended catastrophically. For now all that the ven's revamp pack does is make it compatible with stock by removing the reflection coding for all of his revamped parts. I can't do much more than that though. Sorry :P

What do you mean re-written?

2 hours ago, subyng said:

What do you mean re-written?

He uses completely new models and model names, as well as an unusual system to set them up.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, Berlin said:

Would you be opposed to me including this in SVE? Some have posted some pics with it and it's stunning! Too good to not play with 

Berlin you can include WindowShine in SVE if you like, but I have to warn that it removes part highlighting and toggle able cabin lights on any parts that have reflections on them. If you haven't played with WindowShine much I suggest you boot it up and build a few crafts and do some orbital tasks with them. It's got something to do with the plugin code that Shaw wrote and I don't know how to fix it myself (Since I can't code :P). Despite all this it is very pretty :).

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Berlin you can include WindowShine in SVE if you like, but I have to warn that it removes part highlighting and toggle able cabin lights on any parts that have reflections on them. If you haven't played with WindowShine much I suggest you boot it up and build a few crafts and do some orbital tasks with them. It's got something to do with the plugin code that Shaw wrote and I don't know how to fix it myself (Since I can't code :P). Despite all this it is very pretty :).

Yeah part highlighting is really in annoying the VAB, that's really the only reason I do not use it anymore.  

Edited by eberkain

4 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

Ow man, gonna try this one on my parts, LOL

:) Great Avera9eJoe

Good luck! Just know that currently it removes part highlighting (shaders) and cabin lights (emissives) when you add reflections to a part. :(

- This will hopefully be fixed in the semi-near future

Edited by Avera9eJoe

4 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Good luck! Just know that currently it removes part highlighting and cabin lights when you add reflections to a part. :(

No problem, i use real lights inside the parts, i just love the windows reflexes.

I believe it use the lights texture to know where is the reflexes, am i correct?

Need to implement that, because my current setup use only RGBA in a single texture (DDS).

But have time.

EDIT: ow, i see some of the DDS files in your mod, they too use the alfa, gonna work directly.

Edited by Climberfx

2 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

No problem, i use real lights inside the parts, i just love the windows reflexes.

I believe it use the lights texture to know where is the reflexes, am i correct?

Need to implement that, because my current setup use RGBA in a single texture (DDS).

But have time.

It doesn't actually use the emissive texture - rather it uses the transparency of the main part texture. I linked a guide that explains everything you should need to know in the mod pack section. This might change though depending on who I can get to fix the plugin code :P. Can't code myself.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

4 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

It doesn't actually use the emissive texture - rather it uses the transparency of the main part texture. I linked a guide that explains everything you should need to know in the mod pack section. This might change though depending on who I can get to help me out in coding.

Perfect, will work as it is already. The windows are in the same channel here.

Would be a great thing if you could be independent of texture replacer. I didn't use it after 1.x KSP, but before, it crashes a lot here in OSX.

I don't code too, yet, but i am watching more and more tutorials about Unity, maybe some day i can solve my necessities...

Edited by Climberfx

12 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

Perfect, will work as it is already. The windows are in the same channel here.

Would be a great thing if you could be independent of texture replacer. I didn't use it after 1.x KSP, but before, it crashes a lot here in OSX.

I've been recently thinking about becoming independent actually. The reason this is tied with TextureReplacer is for (A) the reflection plugin and (B) the repository for replacement part textures. I've been chatting with @Porkjet about reflections and he suggested the possibility of using an additional texture dedicated to reflections - doable now that you don't have to worry about conserving memory on load up. I'd swap to this in a heartbeat if I could code - also would have fixed the reflection shader from overwriting other part shaders/emissives :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

6 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I've been recently thinking about becoming independent actually. The reason this is tied with TextureReplacer is for (A) the reflection plugin and (B) the repository for replacement part textures. I've been chatting with @Porkjet about reflections and he suggested the possibility of using an additional texture dedicated to reflections - doable now that you don't have to worry about conserving memory on load up. I'd swap to this in a heartbeat if I could code. I also would have fixed the reflection shader from overwriting other part shaders/emissives :P

Cool, I'm going to be rooting for that conversation with him bear fruit! Keep talking about.

I'm putting Texture Replacer, and reading your tutor...

:wink:

41 minutes ago, SmashBrown said:

Hey Joe, is it possible to get a small pack that just adds reflection to the solar panels? (I am using ven's) As currently the window shine replaces the lights on/off features.

Is Ven's pack working properly for you? :confused: WindowShine and Ven's revamp have been said to not work in the past. - If you only want the solar panel reflections, open up the WindowShine.cfg file that comes in the compatability pack download, delete everything in it, and than paste in this:

@PART[solarPanels1]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = basepanel panel1 panel2 panel3 panel4 panel5
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels2]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = panel3 panel04 panel05 panel06 panel07 panel08
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels3]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels4]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = solarPanel4panels panel2 panel3 panel4 pane5 panel6
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels5]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = panel
    }
}
@PART[largeSolarPanel]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = panel
    }
}

It's the TRReflection Modules for just the solar panels (You could do the same by deleting everything after "largeSolarPanel").

5 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

The only sad thing is that still won't work on Open GL OS X.

;.; - I wish I knew why. Or how to fix that :P - There are new shaders though releasing in TextureReplacer sometime that should fix just about every current issue with WindowShine with part highlighting and cabin lights soon(tm).

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

;.; - I wish I knew how to fix that. Or why :P - There are new shaders though releasing in TextureReplacer sometime that should fix just about every current issue with WindowShine with part highlighting and cabin lights soon(tm).

That's good news, can't wait for it, and enable my parts to be release with all this in the package!

Just now, Climberfx said:

That's good news, can't wait for it, and enable my parts to be release with all this in the package!

It should fix everything with the Win 64-bit release but I can't say anything for Open GL OS X (Filthy mac! :D jk).

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Is Ven's pack working properly for you? :confused: WindowShine and Ven's revamp have been said to not work in the past. - If you only want the solar panel reflections, open up the WindowShine.cfg file that comes in the compatability pack download, delete everything in it, and than paste in this:

@PART[solarPanels1]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels2]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = panel3 panel04 panel05 panel06 panel07 panel08
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels3]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels4]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = solarPanel4panels panel2 panel3 panel4 pane5 panel6
    }
}
@PART[solarPanels5]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = panel
    }
}
@PART[largeSolarPanel]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = panel
    }
}

It's the TRReflection Modules for just the solar panels (You could do the same by deleting everything after "largeSolarPanel").

Thanks man! Will give it a try, i did try deleting everything after solar panels but nothing worked, probably because it's vens pack.

1 minute ago, SmashBrown said:

Thanks man! Will give it a try, i did try deleting everything after solar panels but nothing worked, probably because it's vens pack.

Yeah... I don't know how Ven's pack handles anything sadly... you'd have to take it up with him to get reflections if they don't work here. :P

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Yeah... I don't know how Ven's pack handles anything sadly... you'd have to take it up with him to get reflections if they don't work here. :P

I would, but i don't think he's around anymore.

Manage to have the reflexes of TR working here! :)

The only problem is that one you already told me. the limitation of Reflective/Bumped Diffuse map.

I am using Bumped Specular(Transparent), in the windows, so, i can't loose the transparency on then.

For the other parts i could use it, but i prefer to have the emissives than the reflexes on the body.

Will wait to have a more evolved version of TR in the future, where i can have the transparent and emissive together the Reflexes.

p.s.: Would love to know how the transparency/reflexes work with helmet and not with the parts?!?!

Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 10.33.00 PM

Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 10.54.47 PM

Edited by Climberfx

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2016 at 0:43 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

;.; - I wish I knew why. Or how to fix that :P - There are new shaders though releasing in TextureReplacer sometime that should fix just about every current issue with WindowShine with part highlighting and cabin lights soon(tm).

Is this something that's confirmed in active development? I can't find any discussion or development on it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.