[1.0.4][Kopernicus]Alternis Kerbol Reloaded - a revival of the owersome Alternis Kerbol mod.

amarius1

Alternis Kerbol Reloaded

v.1.5 Beta

download.png

Screenshots:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Alternis, God of Change and Difference decided to smite the hell out of the Kerbals' home solar system, and this is what happened.

Alternis Kerbol Reloaded is a mod that grabs and re-arranges the existing solar system bodies to create something new. Most bodies have been changed in some way, large or small. Also, comets. Current list of changes:

• Jool: Moved to Kerbin's original orbital position, blu-ified, ships overheat before they can reach the "surface"
  • Kerbin: Now orbits Jool at the same point Tylo used to
  • Minmus: Orbits Jool beneath Laythe, now 29km in radius (from 60), and deep reddish orange
  • Tylo: orbits the sun a bit past Duna's original orbit, radius increased to 1103 km and surface gravity is 4g, plus an atmosphere 50% the density of Kerbin's.
  • Duna: Orbits Tylo, completely new terrain
  • Eve: Atmospheric density reduced a little, but scale height increased
  • Moho: Orbit moved inward and made more eccentric
  • Gilly: Small comet, shrunk to 8.5km radius
  • Ike: Fat comet, shrunk to 17.5km radius
  • Mun: Relocated to Jool orbit, replacing Vall, enlaged to 253km radius
  • Vall: Now orbits Eeloo, shrunk to 99.8 km radius
  • Eeloo: Moved outward, increased to ~500 km radius, less eccentric and inclined orbit
  • Dres: First moon of Tylo
  • General: Most orbits have at least some inclination and eccentricity now, as opposed to being perfect circles like the Kerbin system.

Edited by amarius1

Ah! Good to see you started the thread for this, now we don't need to clutter the Kopernicus thread. I assume we'll get a dev build within the next few months? :D

Few months?! Maybe just a few weaks until I replicate the comet effects and add a new sun flare!

will there be a way to replicate the lighting system Alternetis used?
Of course! Kopernicus can do EVERYTHING except those comet trails. That doesn't men we won't have comet trails... Just look at the comet from Kerbol Plus...

- - - Updated - - -

Added a download link!

It's great that you've resurrected this!

Hi,

Can you explain exactly what this mod is?

Thanks

Alternis is a rearrangement and reimagining of the stock Kerbal system originally by NovaSilisko. Most notably, it places Kerbol as a moon of Jool making for a much more interesting early game with many more targets available.

Beside, this Duna is pure p0rn.

Laughed so hard at this!!! XD!

- - - Updated - - -

And Tylo is even harder to land on!

Beside, this Duna is pure p0rn.

How's Tylo's atno? It was my first try at making an atmosphere in 1.0.

I'm glad to see a revival of Alternis! However, I have noticed that the description for Duna applies to Bop, Dres, Eve, Gilly, Ike, Jool, Minmus, the Mun, Pol, and Tylo.

That could just be me though, KSP has been acting up lately.

- Mau

Edited by Mau

missing a few things aren't you? like a license, links to the original alternis thread, credits to nova? also you might want to tidy up those configs, there's empty values, lines all over the place and a couple of little errors :wink:

missing a few things aren't you? like a license, links to the original alternis thread, credits to nova? also you might want to tidy up those configs, there's empty values, lines all over the place and a couple of little errors :wink:

Yes, I know, but I created this thread just to keep discutions away from the main Kopernicus thread. And that's why it is still called beta. Also, I've created the thread using my tablet, very finicky.

How well does Minmus behave? I still am a bit skeptic about how you did it.

Well, I honestly didn't test the surfaces and that's why the download is in Beta. Also, in my dev version Minmus and laythe are already properly modified using the VertexPlanet mod. Unforcenately I am not allowed to tell anyone how I did it by the Kopernicus creators...

I have made a mission to Minmus.

I think that you should expend Minmus's SOI, because i find it unrealistic to be 20 km above a 60km asteroid with 0,5 m/s² gravity and still not in it's SOI

Finally! I managed to orbit and land on it, but it was more like a docking (i had to kill my relative velocity and slowly burn toward it while in Jool Orbit, but at only 15 km above minmus! It was strange but fun!

Edited by TheKutKu

I have made a mission to Minmus.

http://imgur.com/a/QQOO3#0

I think that you should expend Minmus's SOI, because i find it unrealistic to be 20 km above a 60km asteroid with 0,5 m/s² gravity and still not in it's SOI

Finally! I managed to orbit and land on it, but it was more like a docking (i had to kill my relative velocity and slowly burn toward it while in Jool Orbit, but at only 15 km above minmus! It was strange but fun!

Try taking the #0 out of your imgur code so it doesn't look all wonky, like so:

Just the QQOO3 bit.

Also, this mod looks awesome! I think I'll try it on a separate install. Then try a Minmus mission, just to prove to myself that I can do this sort of thing.

Edited by RyanRising

Try taking the #0 out of your imgur code so it doesn't look all wonky, like so:

http://imgur.com/a/QQOO3

Just the QQOO3 bit.

Also, this mod looks awesome! I think I'll try it on a separate install. Then try a Minmus mission, just to prove to myself that Ican do this sort of thing.

remember that this mod was originaly created by NovaSilisko a long time ago but abbandoned and now revived bt me using a new API, Kopernicus. Unforcenately I have VERY LITTLE time to work at this since I have many other projects.

Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.