Would you like to have a second functional KSC with a large landingstrip?

Would you like to have another KSC with a large landingstrip?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have another KSC with a large landingstrip?

• Yes, somewhere on the opposite side of Kerbin on the equator.
    • Yes, and it could be somewhere else, aside the equator.
    • No, not at all.

yeah, having penalties or bonuses for the different sites is a nice idea. not just for launch but for recovery too. Although I think KSC should still be the baseline at 100% for launch/recovery values.

The problem is, KSC is almost the ideal place. The only thing you could get better would be to have it on a mountain to cut dV. If you make KSC 100%, then most other sites would just be higher percentage. Which isn't a bad thing per se, and would possibly keep you from having to rebalance part costs.

Anything else, like more places, few will do the job, one for the start :-),

no seriously, lets have that in some-like following order:

• 0. On the begining there was a tech-tree node [Then after unlock..]
  • 1. Discovery site by observation (crew report above) = Enlist site
  • 2. Land there and land home from there after = Enable site for launch
  • 3. Upgrade site same as regular KSC (to extend capability and quality of site)
  • 4. Maybe optional after - Start from there with the extra price for that
  • 5. 100% recovery when landing there
  • 6. Maybe something exclusive there - little bumpy road to test rovers?

Conclusion - You can use that, or totaly ignore that way, nobody gets hurt, and interested ones have something else to work around..

This ^

It would be even more fun if the player could somehow select the site for the second launch site. So we could have secret mountain lairs, or maybe within a volcano in the middle of the ocean :D

Once the site is chosen, players should be given cargo and personnel haulage tasks, since workmen (engineers) will be needed to build the site, and materiel needs to be transported there in classic overdone fashion like point to point sub-orbital :D

Once the site is chosen, players should be given cargo and personnel haulage tasks, since workmen (engineers) will be needed to build the site, and materiel needs to be transported there in classic overdone fashion like point to point sub-orbital :D

This almost sounds like something to actually do in-game. It'll never fly.

(+1 love the idea)

I put this in my "nice to have, but not really necessary" category. Honestly, I'd rather the devs spent time making new and interesting locations to find in space, whether Easter Eggs or interesting terrain features. Kerbal Space Program shouldn't be so Kerbin-focused, IMO.

I'd like multiple launch sites that give construction cost penalties or bonuses. Launching from KSC costs 120% ship cost.Launching from KSC2 (not on equator) costs 100%. Launching from the poles costs 80%.

Just throwing numbers around, didn't try to balance, etc. Just spitballing here.

100% would probably have to be the lowest cost to avoid creating exploits.

Well my curios Poll is nearing its end and again thanks to all who gave a comment to this.

To show the reason for my question i made a picture of a recent emergency landing with a Stock SSTO at the larger Island in the far Northeast of KSC...

I would really appreciate a alternative Landingstrip somewhere around...:wink:

B5AJsOX.png

Uuuuh, bumpy...:(

naSx6en.png

hmmm... happy landings for all :D!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.