Interstellar 2 Plot

HoloYolo

If Interstellar 2 is ever made, this is how it should go down. After Cooper leaves the station, he makes his way towards the wormhole, he enters it, and loses a landing leg. He shrugs it off and continues towards Gargantua. He has flashbacks of the many events in the system, which distracts him, and makes him freak out. It's been 4-8 months at this point, and his life support decreases. TARS suggests that he cuts down on his rations, but Cooper insists. After a close pass of Gargantua to get ramped up to Pantagruel. He doesn't know that due to the lack of shielding on the Ranger, he was exposed to cancerous amounts of radiation. At about Mann's orbit, TARS finds out that Cooper has cancer, but he doesn't tell Cooper for unknown reasons. As he nears Pantagruel, the cancer starts to affect him drastically. The radiation from the star makes the cancer even worse, and due to low life support, Cooper nears death. 5 years after leaving the station, and closing in on Edmund's (now Brand's), Cooper dies due to cancer. TARS lands at Brand's habitat, and wakes her up. After an emotional reunion, and TARS telling her about Cooper, Brand becomes depressed and kills herself. TARS and CASE now manage the colony, and 20 years later, a colony of 300 people start setting up humanity's new home.

So, what do you think? I made this up on the spot, so it's not the BEST, but I think it would make a great sequel should anyone do one.

You expect a movie that shoehorned a possible romantic relationship between two people who showed zero romantic interest in each other to kill them before them even getting together?

No. It's more likely that Coop and Brand would fight genetically engineered dinosaurs while riding transforming robots.

i dont think following up sci-fi epic with a teen movie cash grab is a good idea.

id rather they grasp with the realities of their new found multi-galactic civilization, find new ways to exploit their anti-gravity tech and push humanity into a new age of space exploration. so another movie about facing the unknown and putting humanity ahead of personal gain. in this spirit brand and cooper would put their personal feelings aside and hook up for the sake of procreating the species. though i think the actual movie would deal with their descendants rather than them directly.

Edited by Nuke

Maybe it could go 10 years after the end of the first movie, and then a mysteriously small, Mercury-like capsule is found on a collision course with the space station. A ship is sent out and collects the pod and brings it back to the space station. The people open it up to find a weird creature with a large cylindrical head, green skin, and wearing an orange space suit staring at them. They try to speak to it, but it turns out it speaks reverse Spanish.

Maybe it could go 10 years after the end of the first movie, and then a mysteriously small, Mercury-like capsule is found on a collision course with the space station. A ship is sent out and collects the pod and brings it back to the space station. The people open it up to find a weird creature with a large cylindrical head, green skin, and wearing an orange space suit staring at them. They try to speak to it, but it turns out it speaks reverse Spanish.

YES

SO MUCH YES

Im awaiting this.

Some movies work best on their own, without a sequel/prequel.

Like Matrix which worked without any.

I was happy to just watch the Marix (in the theater) right up to the explanation of people being a power source, at which point I wanted to just leave, lol. A small dialog change would have made the movie less stupid. Change the idea of people as batteries to people as neural networks used for their computing power. Throw in a line about the (wrong) notion that we only use 10% of our brains being true, because the computers are stealing the other 90% for their own use. Done. Suspension of disbelief maintained.

I sort of went with Interstellar past some issues until they went to the water planet (Millers?). At that point they screwed up the GR stuff and the fact the planet should be bathed in lethal radiation so badly I had trouble watching the rest.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.