The Asteroid Sentinels: A KSP Graphic Novel (Series 8 Episode 10: Finale!)

After my long busy vacation (In which I wrote up this episode) in which I never really got felt like/got around to playing KSP, I've gotten Series 7 Episode 6 out! While school starts in a not so distant week, I hope to get another episode out after this too! So I present Episode 6.jCP75IU.pngQ7MAktY.pngemDDxWL.pngiAz4afD.pngUFxiQsC.png

So that concludes this episode. If you have any helpful tips to improve writing/what you thought about this episode, please tell me. (Things might include how engaging the conversations were, or if how relatable the characters seem or don't, etc).

This is the Seventh Episode of The Asteroid Sentinels. I did make a mistake last episode saying it was episode five, I will note.

So without further ado, let's get started!SCV6tYN.pngT93fzSV.pngOIdZ8zx.pngj4Mg8s5.pngOh my, what has happens now?

If you have any feedback about these episodes, let me know!

The title refers to a quote from a certain Doctor Who episode, can anyone name it?

12 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

This is the Seventh Episode of The Asteroid Sentinels. I did make a mistake last episode saying it was episode five, I will note.

So without further ado, let's get started!Oh my, what has happens now?

If you have any feedback about these episodes, let me know!

The title refers to a quote from a certain Doctor Who episode, can anyone name it?

Easy as temporal mechanics:

Spoiler

Last season: Before the Flood

Oh, and awesome chapter!  I'm really curious how this will play out now

Edited by Just Jim

Our Kerbals are back on Kerbin! Of course, for those of you who haven't read the posts above, I have provided a explanation of our good friend the Bootstrap paradox. Now one of those kerbals is Jedediah Kerman, and he must cope with what happened...WuU1n8X.pngmwGimxq.pngmIX4JF3.pngwsfsYia.png

So what will Jeb choose as his destiny? Also, what is that thing in the distance?

DISCLAIMER: We do not know if the Kerba-Lisa has any relation, or is in fact the member of Kuzzter's Kerbfleet. After all, we do not know if trans-universal time travel is a thing...

Also: For the landing of the space shuttle, I wouldn't have found it successful, after even very shallow angles caused overheating and burning up. (Should have had radiators). I had to make a ~1000 M/s D/V burn to land, and this was at a very steep angle. The landing itself happened only because this ship has jet engines.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

• 2 weeks later...

Series Seven's Ninth episode is out! Jeb has to make a decision, one that will change everything... He stands at a crossroads. Also, a report from our kameraden Wernher von Kerman!SyPHyMP.pngkFMDFh1.pngn9GBf2Z.pngphoMccG.png

Please give any ideas, criticisms, comments, and other sorts of things in the thread! It helps me learn and improve for a better next episode!

• 1 month later...

Other KSP projects have somewhat prevented me from updating frequently, but here is the tenth episode of The Asteroid Sentinels Series 7! This one explores the bizarre opinions of some kerbals, some who think it is a total lie and a coverup, others believing that the nuclear payload is too dangerous? Will this delay the launch?!RDyTGNk.png7NIP0A6.pngrnmzuIl.pnghQtcK8U.pngnJOnYZP.pngm2pmZAT.png

Give me your reaction and feedback, it would be extremely helpful to have some! Ask me any questions you have about the comic, and give some constructive criticism! 

Edited by SaturnianBlue

Blue, those last couple are really, really good. Much cleaner both in story and layout than some earlier work--and oh my, those talking heads--Wolf Kerblitzer was brilliant, as were the others. Great stuff! Keep it light, keep it clean (as in, tidy) and keep it up :) 

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Awesome! Welcome back!  

I love "The Real Deal"  Sign me up for a subscription... lmao.... :)

Thanks! I definitely plan to crank out a few more at the very least! 

I had a lot of fun with The Real Deal, thinking up all the most ridiculous titles and the obvious "klickbait" was just as fun to write as the conspiracy theory with Al Skones!

This episode promises to finally explain some events that occur in the earlier episode of this Series!

G5NCELz.pngYQ6I1ZP.pngoGfdcpg.pnglHGoM4g.pngv4NFiDi.pngydgCgr6.png

What do you think about a title crawl for Series 6/7? What I mean is that the earlier series are quite... different from the current series, and maybe for new readers it might be easier to read a short description of what has happened so far and jump to the newer parts than reading through the older series.

The next feature isn't going to exactly be a main episode but it will shed info on a kerbal who might be the leader of the RDF, and possibly a reason for why the KSP got its budget cut way, way, way earlier in this comic! 

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, should I make the title crawl or would it be better if everything was left alone?

1 hour ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Without any feedback I'm considering working on the title crawl thing for those reading Series 6/7 only, but what do you think?

Thanks for reading!

Sorry... I was getting screenshots all day.... by the title crawl... do you mean the KNN news things? if so, please don't stop, that's one of my favorite parts!

11 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Sorry... I was getting screenshots all day.... by the title crawl... do you mean the KNN news things? if so, please don't stop, that's one of my favorite parts!

Not the KNN news things, those will be here to stay! By title crawl I was thinking like Star Wars kind of title crawl, in case there were new readers who wanted to jump to Series 5/6/7 instead of reading the older ones (which aren't quite like the current ones).

1 minute ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Not the KNN news things, those will be here to stay! By title crawl I was thinking like Star Wars kind of title crawl, in case there were new readers who wanted to jump to Series 5/6/7 instead of reading the older ones (which aren't quite like the current ones).

Oh, those things..... sure, go for it! That would be a great way for new readers to catch up. And with your sense of humor, I imagine you could make it quite fun for returning readers as well! :D

Here's the "title crawl" for any new readers wanting to read the newer series quicker. I originally planned on having the crawl summarize Series 5 as well, but I decided that it would be too long; I ended up with Series 1-4 instead. I've also reformatted the first post to be more relevant.

Edited by SaturnianBlue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.