Hey Squad, are you ever going to address g-forces on pilots?

Unimpacted? Two of them are clearly terrified. The other one seems to have just dropped spores in his EVA suit.

Otherwise, yeah. I'd love to see kerbal G-faces when trying to make orbit. And have the Gs actually mean something for the kerbals, not just the structural integrity of the rocket.

It would be nice if pilots would black out in stock though.

That'd actually be a pretty nice game mechanic. If you're not careful with the G's on your crew, pilots would become unable to provide SAS and maneuvering assist, and if you have no probe core you would lose all control over your craft. If a mechanic fiants, obviously they couldn't fix the ship, and if a scientist blacks out they couldn't provide science bonuses and whatnot.

If a mechanic fiants, obviously they couldn't fix the ship, and if a scientist blacks out they couldn't provide science bonuses and whatnot.

The mechanic can't fix the ship while it's under acceleration anyway, and the scientist bonus can be retained just by waiting until you finish the burn before you transmit.

That'd actually be a pretty nice game mechanic. If you're not careful with the G's on your crew, pilots would become unable to provide SAS and maneuvering assist, and if you have no probe core you would lose all control over your craft. If a mechanic fiants, obviously they couldn't fix the ship, and if a scientist blacks out they couldn't provide science bonuses and whatnot.

There is a mod for that. Blackouts and (for negative G) redouts. (For kerbals maybe redout should be greenout? Do kerbals have red blood or green blood?)

Do kerbals have red blood or green blood?

Since they are plants, neither. Unless you can bend the definition of "blood" to encompass chlorophyll, which is green.

Kerbals may in fact be a herb, like bananas, which are a kind of fish, which is why bananas live up trees.

Although I cannot explain the fact that they have teeth. Kerbals, not bananas, that is.

Hmm, do bananas have teeth? Coconuts have eyes and sound like horses.

WHY IS BIOLOGY SO HARD?!?!?!

I think both gauges either side of the nav ball could have some work done to them. The red area at the top of the throttle gauge needs to either be usable, or be removed. Every time I build a rocket that's underpowered I look at that little red area and wish I could actually use it.

Then you just end up with a probe core on every single craft. Why not? Not that much weight, cheap cost.

It would be totally enough to see the g-force effects on the kerbals faces... no need for a health game mechanic, when you can have hilarious kerbal faces...

I support this with ever fiber of my being.

And to the rest of the thread: they are a sentient fungi(that poof and release spores on death). They have an underground civilization where they take their commands from the hive queen. The current queen loves space so they all head off to do her bidding.

I support this with ever fiber of my being.

And to the rest of the thread: they are a sentient fungi(that poof and release spores on death). They have an underground civilization where they take their commands from the hive queen. The current queen loves space so they all head off to do her bidding.

[derail]My headcanon is mostly like this, but instead the Hive Queen is a tyrannical leader who is horrible, and all the Kerbals we see are trying to escape their homeworld to move elsewhere, probaly Laythe. That is why they are so helpful and nice, and a bit incompetent, due to being in a rush. [/derail]

Anyway, I would love G-effects on Kerbals (and their faces in the Cockpit Portrait :D), but I would like it as a setting, or prefferably, a slider, like the reentry heat. I would also like it like the G-effects mod, where pilots can withstand more than engineers/scientists, with tolerance going up with pilot expirience.

Kerbals aren't plants, stop that.

Maybe they're animals whose skin is coated with a thin layer of a symbiotic lichen. The kerbal's body provides a safe place for the lichen to grow (and carbon dioxide and moisture); the lichen provides oxygen, food, and some protection against heat and bright light. Hm, this could actually explain why they don't need life support...

- - - Updated - - -

Then you just end up with a probe core on every single craft. Why not? Not that much weight, cheap cost.

I always do that anyway--ever since the first time I tried a Mun landing with just a scientist in the lander.

It's also a good bit of insurance in case the occupant becomes incapacitated but the lander still needs to return to orbit (or pick up the poor guy).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.