Join us on KSPTalk!

smallscoops

KSP Talk is a Slack-based community for everyone from KSP newbies to experienced pros. One of my coworkers and I originally set it up to discuss things while playing on our lunch times, but we've decided to open it up to the public. As of this posting, we are the only two members, so you're being invited to be some of the first members! Simply follow this link: ksptalk.com and submit your email address; it will automatically send you an invitation email.

We have channels including #assembly, #mods, #orbiting, and #screenshots

Stop by today!

What is Slack? (https://slack.com/)

"Slack is a messaging app for teams: everything in one place, instantly searchable."

From companies to video games, there are many slack communities popping up.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, mbx said:

Is ksptalk.slack still active?

Given that this was posted two years ago, by a person who made only one post, and whose last log-on time was only a few days after he posted it, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the answer to your question is "no", especially given that, as you point out,

2 hours ago, mbx said:

ksptalk.com has currently no dns entry.

So I'd guess that it never took off and is probably not a thing anymore (if it ever was, in the first place).

2 hours ago, mbx said:

So how do I register?

And therefore I'd guess that the answer to this question is "you don't, because it hasn't existed for years."

I'd love to be wrong, of course :) ... so if anyone out there knows something about this, please enlighten us!

But to @mbx, I'd guess that posting here is unlikely to get a response, since @smallscoops hasn't been logged on since forever and is highly unlikely to be checking this thread.  If you're really interested, you might try sending that user a PM, since a lot of people have their forum notifications set up so that they get an email notification when someone PMs them.  No guarantee that that's the case here, of course, but at least there's a chance you might reach them even if they're not checking the forum.

9 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

@Snark gettin' snarky. I like it.

Not at all, but this is getting off-topic so I'll put my response in a spoiler section.

Spoiler

The person I was responding to is fairly new here, and it's quite common for new folks not to notice things that have become second nature to us old codgers, like checking how many posts a person has made, or how long since they logged in, or how old the thread its.  It's an easy mistake to make, and we were all new once.  Nothing at all wrong with that.

So basically I was just trying to provide, 1. an answer to the question, and 2. helpful tips on how to answer such questions oneself in the future, and 3. a small leavening of humor to lighten the mood (and also indicate that hey, I actually could be wrong and it might still be a thing somewhere).

So actually my intention was the exact opposite of "snarky", though in hindsight I can see how it would be easy to read my post that way.  So, just to be clear, in case there's any doubt:  No mockery intended, even slightly.  :)  Just trying to be helpful.

(And for the Nth time, that particular usage of the word "snark" is not the etymology of my username, which I've been using since before that usage was a thing (yes, I'm old), though I suppose it's unreasonable of me to expect that to be anything but a losing battle.  Oh well.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.