Devnote Tuesdays: Efficiency Edition

SQUAD

Thanks to HarvesteR for being so detailed in the devnotes the last few weeks, I know they take some time to write but I think we all appreciate your insight.

Did you not pay attention? He has all the time in the world during work breaks due to compiling! :D

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I feel honoured to be part of such a community. :)

I do look forward to working on KSP as Technical Producer though!

Congrats on your promotion @ SQUAD and condolences to you and yours for the loss of your grandpa. I've lost both of mine as well and while the void will always be there, so will the life lessons he taught you and those lessons will live on in your own child/children some day.

@Rest of the Team: Thanks for the hard work and the push toward U5. Hopefully it will all come together in the end with a stable x64 build for Win.

Condolences to Ted, sorry for your loss. Great news about your promotion though. I hope the new processes Harvester is working on plus your new role will improve the polish of the game.

So, you want them to stop adding new stuff - then start a list of new things you want them to add?

Yes, the desire is for things currently in-game to be refined, rather than adding all-new stuff.

Edited by GusTurbo

Please accept my condolences, and my congratulations Ted.

-----

Will the .dll breakdown/compartmentalisation also make it easier to incorporate additional functionality in the future (once all the dependencies are ironed out anyway)? So if KSP was adding something like Arsonide's contract extension in the future, this transition to .dll's would make that easier?

Presuming the breakdown will give you stuff like aerodynamics.dll, would mods gain the ability to supplant those functions in the transition, like how FAR got the flag for 'taking over' the aero subsystem previously?

Condolences to Ted, sorry for your loss. Great news about your promotion though. I hope the new processes Harvester is working on plus your new role will improve the polish of the game.

Yes, the desire is for things currently in-game to be refined, rather than adding all-new stuff.

Correct, thanks Gus.

My condolences to you, Ted. I understand how you must be feeling, having recently lost 2 grandparents myself. And also congratulations on your promotion. Now there're two words you don't often see together: condolences and congratulations.

And good luck, Kasper.

It sounds like the Unity 5 port is going well. I wonder what new features are being added...

Deepest condolences Ted.

Was that a hint or am I just overreading this!!?

You're over-reading. Nertea's not doing the same thing as Porkjet working on actual stock features. There's a bunch of us in a sort of unnofficial inner circle of testers/balance advisors who would know if he was.

My condolences Ted, and conflicted congratulations on your promotion.

It seems almost insincere to wish you condolences (because practically every post has done this), but I mean it.

Also, I've noticed that you've missed a number of Daily Kerbals of late, and I just hope you all aren't overworking yourselves. All work and no forum-surfing makes SQUAD a boring primate!:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.