"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

I like your Kerbal universe thing, because everyone has a different idea on it, you are all "asterisks dont even mean that what do they mean nobody knows where babby kerbs come from kerbals dont get smoochy" whilst other people might have completely opposite ideas, and definately ideas not alike any of the things we have come up with, it's bloomin insane if you take the few seconds to think about it.

Thanks Sharkman, that's exactly what I'm going for in the comic and it's very nice to hear you say that. Yeah, one of the great things about this game is seeing how all the other players approach the same problem, with the same basic tools, differently! And as for character interpretations, why I hear there are even universes out there where *gasp* pilot speech balloons are red!

- - - Updated - - -

TEDUS NUUUUU

liek if u cri everytim

1 rep = 1 prayer

It's a good thing Walt doesn't actually write the comic, isn't it? "Send more rep, or the Kerbal gets it!" :D

Edited by Kuzzter

Thanks Sharkman, that's exactly what I'm going for I the comic and it's very nice to hear you say that. Yeah, one of the great things about this game is seeing how all the other players approach the same problem, with the same basic tools, differently! An as for character interpretations, why I hear there are even universes out there where *gasp* pilot speech balloons are red!

No no no, only Jeb's speech balloons are red! :wink:

I really like the :wink: face :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:.

I really wonder now how much of the plane survived. and if the cockpit survived too ofcourse...

you are all "asterisks dont even mean that what do they mean nobody knows where babby kerbs come from kerbals dont get smoochy"

:(

Getting it down un-burned… Hm, your probe got down safely with the use of an engine, who says a giant lander can't get down un-burned with the help of an engine?

But you simply MUST do a rescue mission. The public outcry will simply rip your ears of if you won't do one :P!

Getting it down un-burned… Hm, your probe got down safely with the use of an engine, who says a giant lander can't get down un-burned with the help of an engine?
Yes it got down--but not in one piece, and on an Eve ascender pretty much every piece counts.

- - - Updated - - -

The radius is still 2.2 km, but "something" happens at 22.5, too.
So what is it, you can switch vessels up to 2.2km, but physics range goes to 22.5km from the active craft, yes?

Not that I'm saying there is going to be a rescue mission, mind you, but the trouble these days seems to be getting a ship that's big enough to ascend down in one un-burnt piece.

If you can't land a fully fueled rocket, land it empty and mine the fuel.

Lighter empty crafts decelerate much easier and don't have that much of heat problem.

And what an event for Val to wake up to...

Even if saving Bob (plus the science) is the... well, appropriate command call, still, losing Tedus... ;.;

I wonder what will be the "A team"'s reaction to what happened to the mission "Eve: Order Zero"

lik if u cri evritiem ;.;

So what is it, you can switch vessels up to 2.2km, but physics range goes to 22.5km from the active craft, yes?

Physics range is 2.5km unless the active craft is in atmosphere and on a sub orbital trajectory - then it is 22.5km.

Also, unloaded craft lower than 39km(iirc) on kerbin (idk what it is for eve) will be deleted.

Hope that helps!

Luke

And what an event for Val to wake up to...

Even if saving Bob (plus the science) is the... well, appropriate command call, still, losing Tedus... ;.;

Better than letting Tedus sacrifice himself on ascent, no? This way they both have a chance to survive (and it makes for a much more epic story).

Yes it got down--but not in one piece, and on an Eve ascender pretty much every piece counts.

Dude, that were solar panels! Their max temp is something like 1200°c. On a lander, the most parts can stand 2000°c. Also, I heard that radiators help absorbing heat. And the Dipperkraft survived without a heat shield!

Where'd you get the one where it looks like he's whispering like that? XD

Or maybe he was trying to throttle him.

How'd Bob manage to send data through the Dipperkraft? Isn't it way farther downrange?

Shhhhhh, don't question it! :D

I knew that line was coming Kuzzter, I just knew it. Well done!

I can't wait until Bob and Tedus (hopefully) reunite.

Where'd you get the one where it looks like he's whispering like that? XD

Or maybe he was trying to throttle him.

The "throttling Gene" shot is a still from one of the SQUAD promo videos, found it in an image search. And sorry for any confusion, Bob did not send that crew report, of course it was Tedus. This happened in-game and was unplanned: I did not expect the Dipperkraft to have comms either but somehow the antenna stayed attached to the fuselage, and that piece of the fuselage stayed attached to the cockpit! In my excitement I had Tedus start sending the science--and promptly ran down the batteries and killed the comms in the middle of his EVA report. No solar panels survived the landing. Dammit Tedus!

- - - Updated - - -

I knew that line was coming Kuzzter, I just knew it. Well done!

Thanks! Actually I forgot about that line until Gamer posted the picture of the Gliido crash, so he gets a cookie!

- - - Updated - - -

TEDUS IS ALIVE! :blush:

It was a near-run thing. I planned Bob's ejection and landing way back when I originally designed the Dipperkraft, and decided that I would make ONE fair attempt to land Tedus alive--no reverts, let the chips fall where they may. I am as happy as you are that Gene doesn't have to get the zeroes out for the safety sign. :)

So, here's where we are: This comic goes on standby and we'll turn back to the Hummlebee to close out that book. Might have an Interlude panel or two in here, and I've been meaning to post a Poll for some time now. And then...well, we'll see :wink: No, KSC is not going to tell Hummlebee anything about the Eve mission--but yes, Bill has those two k-mails from Bob... :rolleyes:

Now I know you all want a rescue. So do I. But it's not up to me, it's up to Kerblfleet High Command, and all that is going to play out over the next few chapters. So--stay tuned, and THANK YOU not just for reading but for everything you do to collaborate and participate on the thread. I would bet that no one has ever had as much fun making Powerpoint slides as I am having, thanks to you wonderful munatics :D

Edited by Kuzzter

It was a near-run thing. I planned Bob's ejection and landing way back when I originally designed the Dipperkraft, and decided that I would make ONE fair attempt to land Tedus alive--no reverts, let the chips fall where they may. I am as happy as you are that Gene doesn't have to get the zeroes out for the safety sign. :)

The expression on Tedus' face as he walks away is classic. That shot really needs to be in "pics that make you laugh".

BTW, that safety sign... My main hobby is flintknapping and I often do demos, give lessons, etc., in public places. When knapping, getting little cuts from sharp flakes is part of the game (usually not bad, just bloody---so far I've only needed stitches twice). So I have a little printed sign that says "This has been an accident-free workplace for _____________". Then I write "8 minutes" in the blank with a grease pencil :).

BTW, that safety sign... My main hobby is flintknapping and I often do demos, give lessons, etc., in public places.
You might just be...the most interesting man on the Forum.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, what astronomer pack you use?

I'm not even sure, it was so long ago I installed it. I have a folder from BoulderCo if that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

*cue the image of Tedus walking from his mangled craft...LIKE A BOSS!!!* :D

Ohhh, yeah. A friend of mine not on the Forum saw the panels and suggested

for those last three panels. I concur :D

You might just be...the most interesting man on the Forum.

Thank you. I've worked hard to become so :). (yes, I had to throw in a movie referrence....)

Ohhh, yeah. A friend of mine not on the Forum saw the panels and suggested
for those last three panels. I concur :D

Yup, nailed it.

Thank you. I've worked hard to become so :). (yes, I had to throw in a movie referrence....)

Oh, I can't believe I haven't gone THERE yet. When that movie came out, I happened to be on a college fencing team (see, I'm not entirely uninteresting myself :) ) and we watched that VHS until it near wore out. All right, adding it to the Big Ol' Kerbfleet Bag of Source Material!

Edited by Kuzzter

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one." - Air Service

I expect that Bob still hates it when they say that.

You can save them, can't you? You must save them. If any of my ships or planes can help, I'll gladly donate them.

Happy landings!

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one." - Air Service

I expect that Bob still hates it when they say that./QUOTE]

Yeah, Tedus has inspired the great poet Rudyard Kerman to pick up his pen...

IF

If you can keep your head when all about you,

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all kerbs doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting, too;

If you can wait and not be tired of waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give in to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;

If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two imposters just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with Kings--nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all kerbs count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of toilsome chore

Yours is Space and all that's in it,

And--which is more--you'll be a Kerb, my spore!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.