"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

If Kerbulus was directly opposite Kerbin on the other side of Kerbol, then the Kerbins would never see it, until they went to other planets in the Kerbol system.

Duna and Eve are not always directly opposite of Kerbol, so a planet the size of Kerbin would likely have been noticed.

And if you look at this panel...
[url]http://i.imgur.com/2JxM9Ye.png[/url]
You'll see that it WAS noticed, but not understood. Edited by Torgo
I suck at spolier tags

[quote name='PanzerAce']I just figured it out I think. All the clues you need are on pages 178 and 179.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got it!

Happy landings!

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Torgo']If Kerbulus was directly opposite Kerbin on the other side of Kerbol, then the Kerbins would never see it, until they went to other planets in the Kerbol system.

Duna and Eve are not always directly opposite of Kerbol, so a planet the size of Kerbin would likely have been noticed.

And if you look at this panel...[URL]http://i.imgur.com/2JxM9Ye.png[/URL]

You'll see that it WAS noticed, but not understood.[/QUOTE]

By Jool, that's exactly what I was thinking! The images referred to by PanzerAce are all you need for confirmation.

Happy landings!

[quote name='Starhawk']By Jool, that's exactly what I was thinking! The images referred to by PanzerAce are all you need for confirmation.

Happy landings![/QUOTE]

Oh. OH. Kuzzter, you clever little powerpointer, you...
(It's slightly off though, unfortunately.)
[spoiler=What's this now?][spoiler=This will reveal everything so be warned][img]http://i.imgur.com/91oNHNX.png[/img]
Eve is just slightly off.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[quote name='Starwhip']Oh. OH. Kuzzter, you clever little powerpointer, you...
[spoiler=What's this now?][spoiler=This will reveal everything so be warned][url]http://i.imgur.com/91oNHNX.png[/url]
Eve is just slightly off.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Kerbin is slightly off between the 2 as well. It looks like one of the pictures is slightly forward in time compared to the other.

[quote name='CAKE99']Tomorrow I will start saving this thread and all 180 pages of replies on internet archive.
Thank you so much! Hopefully we won't need that archive, but it's good to know it can be done just in case.

[quote name='Torgo']If Kerbulus was directly opposite Kerbin on the other side of Kerbol, then the Kerbins would never see it, until they went to other planets in the Kerbol system.
Ah, but you see it's impossible for one planet to be hiding on the other side of the sun from another--its gravity would affect other planets' orbits, and... wait, what's that? There's no n-body physics in KSP? DAAA NAAAAAAA!!

[quote name='Noname117']And now it all makes so much sense! And now I understand why I must worry for Kerbfleet.
Yep. Actually I'm worried too, at this point I have no idea how Our Heroes are going to get out of it if and when the Kerbulans find them. Hopefully I'll think of something. :)

[quote name='Starwhip']Oh. OH. Kuzzter, you clever little powerpointer, you...

Ah, Starwhip, you clever, clever reader! Yeah, sorry about that--being the 'reliable' kind of narrator I'll tell you that Eve being slightly off is an artifact of how the 'other' image was made. You shouldn't read anything into that.

[quote name='Noname117']Kerbin is slightly off between the 2 as well. It looks like one of the pictures is slightly forward in time compared to the other.
Yeah, yeah, that's it... it's that, and not the fact it was a total .ppt cut and paste job at all. Kudos for the retcon, you get a 'no-prize'! :)

Well, I'm very glad to have such engaged and intelligent readers. That makes the effort of telling a story that's a little deeper than flying around and planting flags all worth it. If you enjoyed the last few pages of discussion, thank Starhawk. He figured it out a while ago, and I think did a great job of nudging others in the right direction without spoilers.

- - - Updated - - -

[quote name='Starhawk']Yup. And what do you think he'll find there?
Ruh roh.

http://i.imgur.com/91oNHNX.png

Eve is just slightly off.
Edited by Kuzzter

[quote name='TheGamingNoobster']Also, was the Kerbin on the flag the wrong way around for the Kerbulun?...[/QUOTE]
Why would the Kerbulans have [I]Kerbin[/I] on their flag? :) But seriously, that last image of the S.P.Q.K. flag was intended to make a definitive answer to that question for you.

[quote name='TheBrisbyMouse']Something I saw in that comparison picture.

Duna didn't move. Either Kuzzter kuzzed up or it's tinfoil hat time.[/QUOTE]
Just lazy. I cut out the center of the map, flipped it, and rotated it to move Kerbulus to the right position. Purple planet came along for the ride on the rotation. I said "ehhh, close enough, they're not paying attention to the clues anyway" and called it a night :)

[quote name='Kuzzter']Just lazy. I cut out the center of the map, flipped it, and rotated it to move Kerbulus to the right position. Purple planet came along for the ride on the rotation. I said "ehhh, close enough, they're not paying attention to the clues anyway" and called it a night :)[/QUOTE]

I saw it before I read Starwhip's post and I feel accomplished. :D

This is getting....headhachey. :P

[quote name='Sanic']Kuzzter, if at all possible could you slip in some 'save the rocket builders' subliminal messaging?[/QUOTE]
Well, I did [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/140126-Forum-Migration-Nov-27th%21?p=2307941&viewfull=1#post2307941"]state an opinion[/URL] on the main thread. "First they came for the roleplayers, but I was not a roleplayer so I did nothing... next they came for the ficwriters..."

[quote name='Endersmens']I saw it before I read Starwhip's post and I feel accomplished. :D

This is getting....headhachey. :P[/QUOTE]
It could be worse. All you have to deal with is one extra planet. No timeslips! One dimension! I'm not as smart as Parkaboy, I can't handle that kind of shenanigans :)

[quote name='TheGamingNoobster']Sanic, if Kuzz could either send Kerbs to Dres or mention the potential loss of the RB what would you choose? Have fun with your decision... *laughs*[/QUOTE] :snort: Very tempting to set up the Kerbulan Empire as a company on the RB thread and offer the 'Vultur' and other ugly SSTO designs for sale. Hey, you guys could all be Centurions, Legates and Sub-Legates! Glory to the Empire! But yeah I kind of like my relatively infraction-free record so no :)

Is it sad that I only just realised that Kerbulan is at L3 (Lagrange point)? I know that there is no n-body physics in the Kerbol system, as they would have noticed the planet with their ships orbits going slightly off... Or have they noticed it? Is Mort actually a 'nice' (nice being used loosely here) Kerbulan robot who was exiled for its faulty programming. Maybe Gene (Kerman) wanted the rescue so our lovely heroes wouldn't die on Eve... The tin foil! It is coming towards me!

I mean, what if the senior people in Kerbfleet know about Kerbulan but due to the fact that the Kerbulans don't often explore the don't know about the Kerbals... The plot thickens...

P.S. I demand to know Mort's background! Edited by TheGamingNoobster

[quote name='TheGamingNoobster']P.S. I demand to know Mort's background![/QUOTE]
Well, there are a few possibilities. He could indeed be a Kerbulan robot who escaped or was exiled and somehow made it to a planet the Kerbulans don't know about. That would explain his BSOD. He could also be a video game character in a comic book known for excessive literal tvtropes references. That could also explain the BSOD. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.