"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

Holy cow, I just read chapter 2 again, because of your Hummblebee download post, and I realised something... Enzin was there way back then! I thought he was a new employee.

Yeah, I saw that too when I was digging up old pages on character for the "about writing" thread. Did you notice the science officer who was with him? (hint: "Yeeee-ha! Lookit me, I'm a lander!")

Yeah, I saw that too when I was digging up old pages on character for the "about writing" thread. Did you notice the science officer who was with him? (hint: "Yeeee-ha! Lookit me, I'm a lander!")

I see Enzin is mentioned, but I don't see either him or Melbe, unless she's the one with the blue speech bubble while in the hitchhiker IVA.

Edit: Actually, she shows up later on an asteroid hauler.

Edited by smjjames

I see Enzin is mentioned, but I don't see either him or Melbe, unless she's the one with the blue speech bubble while in the hitchhiker IVA.

Edit: Actually, she shows up later on an asteroid hauler.

'Enzin' is a rank, which Lisa held at the beginning of the comic so what you saw could have referred to her maybe? This is, as far as I can find, the first appearance of both Kenlie and Melbe in the comic.

Later on in the interlude Kenlie drove that ship back, and docked at Kerbstation Two. Lots of crew came down from there in a Pogo: Melbe of course was assigned to the Eve mission, and Kenlie drew the Kranefly. (the "bigger boat" he asked for)

Given all the asteroid missions Kenlie has done, and especially considering he assembled Micarooni Station single-handed, there must be some reason he is not "Looty Kenlie" yet...clearly he is very skilled towship operator who happens to be a complete imbecile at everything else.

Kenlie's growing on me... For the next comic in this series, the one where you most likely go to Jool, could Kenlie be in the crew?
That's it kenile's redemption job would be to set up dresteroid mining in preparation for a jool mission and then go on the jool mission of course ;)

Actually Kenlie would be perfect for the Jool mission. Assuming I don't kill the whole A-team and/or need to rescue half a dozen people off Eve when the M7 plotzes, I think I will put him in the crew.

In the last page, upper right hand corner, above the greens[s/] blues brothers reference, the Kranefly doesn't have the M7 attached:

http://i.imgur.com/uK2DpPI.png?3

That is not the Kranefly, it's the Mortingale: four engines and one solar panel not six. Also the hitchhike abaft the cockpit and the cargo bay instead of massive LF storage.

Sorry, they do look pretty similar--not entirely coincidence, as I knew this design would work with the Kranefly's lifter and would also perform as a good "tractor" for the Billmobile carrier pod. Much easier to tell them apart from the back end, as Mortingale has a big heat shield aft and not a docking klaw.

That is not the Kranefly, it's the Mortingale: four engines and one solar panel not six. Also the hitchhike abaft the cockpit and the cargo bay instead of massive LF storage.

Sorry, they do look pretty similar--not entirely coincidence, as I knew this design would work with the Kranefly's lifter and would also perform as a good "tractor" for the Billmobile carrier pod. Much easier to tell them apart from the back end, as Mortingale has a big heat shield aft and not a docking klaw.

Oh, I see! That makes more sense.

Mental deficiencies or not, Kenlie definitely is a good sport :) Hmmm...Now, that rescue mission is officially sanctioned you can spread around another batch of patches. One should go to Kenlie, because he was part of the crew, and performed vital part in the rescue :)

On a side note, I can only think how Chairkerb Mort will explain to the Board of Directors all of this ;) "Well, on the issue of the M7 launch of a a unknown loacation ... hum, err... we're trying a dry run on franchising the "KSC" concept. Yeah, that's it ... And we chose that location to make it easier to make launches to polar orbits" ;)

I also love the thought of Bobak and the rest of the rogue mission controllers dusting off all the old equipment at KSC2 to run the mission behind Mort's back :D Will they carry on working from there or will Mort allow them back to mission control I wonder.

Bill could soften Mort a bit by pointing out all the science he's going to bring back from Eve. That's worth something in licensing, right?

Not a lot; if Bill can somehow pull off the "build a base" contract, and get paid for some other stuff then that will really help. While I was on Duna I got a nice contract for "land a ship on Kerbin from Duna", if one of those pops up it should soften the blow QUITE a bit.

On a side note, I can only think how Chairkerb Mort will explain to the Board of Directors all of this ;) "Well, on the issue of the M7 launch of a a unknown loacation ... hum, err... we're trying a dry run on franchising the "KSC" concept. Yeah, that's it ... And we chose that location to make it easier to make launches to polar orbits" ;)

Ohhhh yes, practically no one in Kerbin SOI is getting out of this without answering some awkward questions. While you're all compiling the list of charges, remember that there will be quite some real-time before the mission is over and we can start the various inquisitions. Until then, let's have a few more pages...

xtDA8C3.png

PgHqjat.png

BhZVpw4.png

Bill could soften Mort a bit by pointing out all the science he's going to bring back from Eve. That's worth something in licensing, right?
This man may have stumbled upon the happy ending.

Actually, this makes more sense than I thought. Eve's got a surface level science multiplier of 12. Third highest in the whole system. Tons o' science. :D

Looking at eve-station got me thinking... if science is essentially worthless now why go back to kerbin and its fund focused bureaucracy? they are self sufficient out here with the stations refinery and the unnamed gilly lander's drills why not just commandeer them, the mortingale, whats left of the m7 after the rescue, the kranefly, and whatever else they can scrounge up with an engine, fuel tank, and docking port and go on a tour? sure they have to face justice some day but why not see the rest of the solar system first?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.