"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

Ohhhh yes, practically no one in Kerbin SOI is getting out of this without answering some awkward questions. While you're all compiling the list of charges, remember that there will be quite some real-time before the mission is over and we can start the various inquisitions. Until then, let's have a few more pages...

Kamlet: To me, Kerbin is a prison

Rosenkrantz: Why then, your ambition makes it one. 'Tis too narrow for your mind.

Kamlet: O Kraken, I could be bounded in a Snacks! box, and count myself

a king of infinite space---were it not that I have bad dreams

Kuildenstern: Which dreams indeed are ambition, for the very

substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.

-Kamlet, II.ii

Jool: The Big 5?

No?

Okay.... Maybe I can think of something cooler... :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at eve-station got me thinking... if science is essentially worthless now why go back to kerbin and its fund focused bureaucracy? they are self sufficient out here with the stations refinery and the unnamed gilly lander's drills why not just commandeer them, the mortingale, whats left of the m7 after the rescue, the kranefly, and whatever else they can scrounge up with an engine, fuel tank, and docking port and go on a tour? sure they have to face justice some day but why not see the rest of the solar system first?

Because they can sell the science via the "Research Rights Sell-Out" strategy and make some Kerbucks. That or Patent Licensing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a minute... Mort will allow future missions in order to sell the science!

Jool: The Big 5?

No?

Okay.... Maybe I can think of something cooler... :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Because they can sell the science via the "Research Rights Sell-Out" strategy and make some Kerbucks. That or Patent Licensing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a minute... Mort will allow future missions in order to sell the science!

The thing is they no longer need to return to drop off science and pick up better more capable ships nor are they dependent on kerbin for fuel so why go back and wait for permission when you could just travel of your own accord? mort can have his dirty science money when they get back.

It would basically be like the end of the undiscovered country when they tell the enterprise to report to star dock for decommissioning complete with the "second star to the right and continue till morning" line ;) (quickly ducks to dodge spoiled fruit thrown by anyone who may have hated that movie)

It would basically be like the end of the undiscovered country when they tell the enterprise to report to star dock for decommissioning complete with the "second star to the right and continue till morning" line ;) (quickly ducks to dodge spoiled fruit thrown by anyone who may have hated that movie)

Good points... but no, "status quo is God"--it wouldn't be a Kerbfleet story without Kerbfleet.

I like how you had Mort accept the fait accompli. Wouldn't Walt be doing cartwheels over this whole show? Surely KerbFleet is currently dominating all news and social media.

Thanks--yeah, I never wanted to paint Mort as truly evil, just focused differently on Kerbfleet's objectives. Walt is still running laps around KSC high-fiving everyone after the last page of Duna, Ore Bust gave him that 6th light green bar. If and when we crack 2000 rep ("Cannot Be Measured") I think I will do an animation of his head exploding.

I really have to stop mashing the rep button now, that dang "spread reputation around" message won't stop appearing!

Anyways, this series is fantastic, and I heavily enjoy reading it every day. And Dilsby's attempt at French was great!

In the meantime, Starhawk's post count (at 1110 at this time) annoys me, he needs just one more post to make it so much more visually appealing.

Je viens from Nouveau Brunswick, donc j'adore it aussi.

Also Kuzzter, is the <<can't read ahead>> title confirmation that she is holding this comic book? Too awesome, have some rep.

Thanks, yes it is the comic--how else would Kerbfleet publish a report? :) Given the size she must be viewing it on a full-size k-pad and not the little version we've seen Bill use.

- - - Updated - - -

You sent a kerbal to Moho just for a mini-interlude?

U krazy.

Heh--I had trouble with it too, hyperedit kept crashing whenever I tried landing Dilsby at the pole. I ended up throwing together a rover which I landed at about 86N and drove... Unfortunately this lost a wheel, so I jetpacked the rest of the way. Going down the hole was rough, I had to constantly spam the 'land here' button of Hyperedit ship lander as dreamsave Dilsby tumbled ragdoll to the bottom. Anyway, very happy how it turned out... The things I go through for you, dear readers!

Edited by Kuzzter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.