[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

16 minutes ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

Oh.....Sorry!    Didn't know you're still going.......  And thanks for the reply.

By the way....   This new turret looks like 130mm/50 B-13 (Main gun from Gnevny-class Destroyer)

That's actually a... I guess you'll know when it actually comes out XD

It's about a new nation, and it would be unique.

1 hour ago, Komander Faul said:

M1 submarine turret https://imgur.com/gallery/RpjwK

Was wondering if we can have this turret?  It is real,  just haven't been fired in anger.... 

Reveal hidden contents
It is a single gun turret,  12 in,  in case you are wondering 

I guess not... yeah it would be nice to talk something about our rules of choosing new NAS weapons:

1. It should have taken part in at least one naval campaign, or campaign against naval units, between 1931/9/18  and 1945/8/15 (except for some very rare and special examples, but the time should fit);

2. It should be unique enough (in our minds) and at least partially universal (can be used in multiple ways);

3. It shouldn't be a nuclear device.

And I don't think a turret specially designed for a submarine (which was sunk in 1925) would fit any of this, so I'm sorry but you won't have it.

3 minutes ago, Acea said:

I guess not... yeah it would be nice to talk something about our rules of choosing new NAS weapons:

1. It should have taken part in at least one campaign between 1931/9/18  and 1945/8/15 (except for some very rare and special examples, but the time should fit);

2. It should be unique enough (in our minds) and should be a least partially universal (can be used in multiple ways);

3. It shouldn't be a nuclear device.

And I don't think a turret specially designed for a submarine (which was sunk in 1925) would fit any of this, so I'm sorry but you won't have it.

No problem ....and I apologize for not reading the rules 

Edited by Komander Faul

4 minutes ago, Komander Faul said:

No problem ....and I apologize for not reading the rules 

That'd be okay, since all we've talked about the rules before this was "it should be a WW2 weapon" and nothing else. Anyway thanks for your advice :)

On 2017/10/26 at 9:01 AM, MadmanMorton said:

Here's my Bismarck-ish capital ship. Thanks for the amazing models!

And here's my Japanese-ish cruiser.  Base on the Mogami class....

RhFUhPZ.png

bn3ntCl.png

MfB1wZa.png

And she comes with two variants:

Spoiler

Heavy cruiser mode (Main guns are replace by the 20.3 cm/50 3rd year twin mount)
cHqHsS2.png

gu8fZHz.png

Spoiler

Seaplane tender-cruiser hybrid mode (Remove the two rear main turrets, replace by a seaplane flight deck)

iLuF9jd.png

AQHGocZ.png

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

Album https://imgur.com/xphY9VK will appear when post is submitted

is there any ways of having a 5, or 6-way torpedo option for the ijn torpedo launchers? i would like to build this super akiziki, but also play around with it....sadly, it only has a 4 way option :(

the 5 way is historically in the Shimakaze  class destroyers....

9 hours ago, Komander Faul said:
Album https://imgur.com/xphY9VK will appear when post is submitted

is there any ways of having a 5, or 6-way torpedo option for the ijn torpedo launchers? i would like to build this super akiziki, but also play around with it....sadly, it only has a 4 way option :(

We once considered this too but later that plan got abandoned, it's mainly a balancing issue. Type 93 torpedo is far better in almost all specifications than other torpedoes, which means we need a way to limit its use, and balance the overall level of Allies/Axis weapons.

Anyway today we have a new release, featuring a long-requested function and many more:

Updatelog 0.6.6.1 (FIX) - "Our Freedom"
Updated plugin to adapt to KSP 1.3.1 and latest BDArmory Continued.
Retextured Tallboy 12,000 lb Earthquake Bomb.
Redefined all radars for new BDAc features (now they consume ElectricCharge).
Stopped redistributing C.A.L++ since all ammos have been merged into BDAc.
Minor changes in Japanese and Spanish descriptions.
Inherited 1-01A Universal Ammunition Box and BDExplosiveTweakScale.cfg from C.A.L++, old users could still use them.
FuMO 61 "Hohentwiel U" radar can no longer lock targets.
Corrected size of two Bofors 40 mm L/60's (Mark 4 Quad Mount & QF 40 mm Mk I Mount).
Added a custom part category for NAS parts.

5 hours ago, Acea said:

We once considered this too but later that plan got abandoned, it's mainly a balancing issue. Type 93 torpedo is far better in almost all specifications than other torpedoes, which means we need a way to limit its use, and balance the overall level of Allies/Axis weapons.

Understandable...

28 minutes ago, Komander Faul said:

For me,  this problem is OK,  not a big deal....

Even with less torpedo, the Shimakaze class is still good-looking, beautiful and deadly......
CtsOXKu.png
WIL2fsn.png

And here's my Akizuki class :
SWSwt4K.png
alXk3DN.png

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

53 minutes ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

For me,  this problem is OK,  not a big deal....

Even with less torpedo, the Shimakaze class is still good-looking, beautiful and deadly......
CtsOXKu.png
WIL2fsn.png

And here's my Akizuki class :
SWSwt4K.png
alXk3DN.png

Nice.... And I understand 

Hello @Acea,

I love the mod and its components, but can I suggest one feature? Is it possible to use shared textures for guns to reduce texture memory usage for some guns? Many guns have similar colors and hatches which can use shared textures for this purpose. Just an idea... :D

Thanks for reply!

Toonu

14 minutes ago, Toonu said:

Many guns have similar colors and hatches which can use shared textures for this purpose. Just an idea... :D

Modelers always complaint about complexity of NAS weapons, and it would be a pain to do the UV mapping even under current solution. Really I didn't see any convenience of this, only the possibility that I might get criticized for ignorance of technical process and proper workflow by other members.

I have tried all ways to reduce memory usage, including compressing texture sizes, using DDS format, reducing model polygon counts, etc. If there's a practical way to further improve the performance I'd love to adopt it, but so far this is all we can do. Anyway thanks for the idea XD

32 minutes ago, Acea said:

Modelers always complaint about complexity of NAS weapons, and it would be a pain to do the UV mapping even under current solution. Really I didn't see any convenience of this, only the possibility that I might get criticized for ignorance of technical process and proper workflow by other members.

I have tried all ways to reduce memory usage, including compressing texture sizes, using DDS format, reducing model polygon counts, etc. If there's a practical way to further improve the performance I'd love to adopt it, but so far this is all we can do. Anyway thanks for the idea XD

No problem, it was just idea how to improve it even more. :D

Maybe do it at least with new guns added into pack? :wink: 

Have a nice day :D

2 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

dear god, can you guys make like a separate optional mod with like, way less textures and all that graphics stuff? its breaking my comp

tho its  AWESOME

Actually we are considering to release separate nation packs after version 1.0.0, people could choose any nation(s) they'd like to play with.

Currently we are (strictly I am) doing the best to save memory usage, but we might consider a more aggressive way? Like all single color textures, but now this is it. You can also manually delete weapons of any power you don't need or don't really like, or compress those texture files with DDS editors, that's all up to yourself.

Again thanks for supporting NAS :kiss:

10 hours ago, Acea said:

Actually we are considering to release separate nation packs after version 1.0.0, people could choose any nation(s) they'd like to play with.

Currently we are (strictly I am) doing the best to save memory usage, but we might consider a more aggressive way? Like all single color textures, but now this is it. You can also manually delete weapons of any power you don't need or don't really like, or compress those texture files with DDS editors, that's all up to yourself.

Again thanks for supporting NAS :kiss:

May I suggest a pure gray-ish and black rim texture for everything? 

And another thing is it possible to have different turrets to fall under the same BDWeapon name? Can't make things like the Pensacola without it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.